• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bath Rugby News -Disciplinary hearing bans Grewcock

R

Rugby News

An independent Disciplinary Committee has today (Monday, 11th June) found Danny Grewcock, the Bath Rugby lock, guilty of striking an opponent in the European Challenge Cup final against ASM Clermont Auvergne at the Twickenham Stoop on Saturday, 19th May, 2007.

http://www.bathrugby.co.uk/23_6269.php

Well that's one decision for Ashton, He surely can't take Grewcock to the World Cup, with this ban... and to be honest I don't blame him, fantastic player but sometimes passion overrides the brain and aggression takes over... but a World class player needs to be able to control this to a certain extent...

i think the irb should just wait to hand out bans especially in a world cup year. what i mean is i think that any ban a player earns should not take place until after the world cup but rather during the 6N, GP, or HC. i think giving bans like that really take away from the world cup, because the world cup is meant to showcase the best that each nation have to offer.

i dont see why this wouldnt work, they'd still serve the ban but it would just be delayed so that the climax of Rugby Union can live up to all its hype.

If he's been a horrible little c***, he's been a horrible c*** (which in Grewcocks case is very often), so should be banned. Just because it's a world cup year doesn't mean anyone shopuld be treated leaniantly for flouting the rules or acting violently and dangerously.

Besides, Grewcock not playing for England can only be a good thing, he's hardly the best lock around.

If he's been a horrible little c***, he's been a horrible c*** (which in Grewcocks case is very often), so should be banned. Just because it's a world cup year doesn't mean anyone shopuld be treated leaniantly for flouting the rules or acting violently and dangerously.

Besides, Grewcock not playing for England can only be a good thing, he's hardly the best lock around. [/b]

its not like he wouldnt be banned it would just be delayed.

In that case, Dylan Hartley's ban should also be 'delayed' until after the World Cup, England need a decent hooker much more then they need another lock.

In that case, Dylan Hartley's ban should also be 'delayed' until after the World Cup, England need a decent hooker much more then they need another lock. [/b]

yea it should be that way for any player from a country competing in the world cup.

So if a player is an international, that means they's also above the rules?

No, if a player is violent and warrents a ban, be him a useless prick that'll never play at international level such as Johnny Howard or a key figure on the squad like Jason Robinson, they should still be banned. One rule for everyone.

Otherwise we end up with a world full of c***s like Roberto Delalalalalalaiglio who constantly gets away with murder.

Latest posts