TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_48419268_rec.jpg

Bath Rugby has increased capacity at its Rec ground from 11,700 to 12,300 after the Charity Commission agreed to an extension to the IPL stand.

The ground is owned by Bath & North East Somerset Council as a charitable trust and the commission must oversee the ground's continued use.

Bath Rugby's chief executive Nick Blofeld said: "We hope to improve the facilities a little each year."

The rebuilding project is scheduled to start on 16 August.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/bath/8836058.stm

Could be interesting to see cricket played there also. If its successful would provide some cash for Bath during the off-season.

As I understand it, the land was allowed so Rugby and Cricket can both be played there. Thats one of the reasons that Bath hadn't been able to build a bigger ground as it would encroach on the cricket space.

It's a shame that Somerset don't use Bath as much as we used to. Used to be a 4-day game and a 1-day game. Now it's just the oce 1-day game early in the season.

Always good to see counties moving games around their area. Glamorgan take it to Swansea and Colwyn Bay but in the past have spread it around Wales. I would think that the atmosphere in a good one-day game or T20 game would be good in the rec.

It would, went to St Helens a few times. Weston-s-Mare was a good one that Somerset used, I was a mascot there in 96, but they've stopped using there a long time ago.

Latest posts