• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bath v Bristol

Nothing like a West Country derby eh?!

I put my money on Bristol to bounce back from their demolition at the hands of the Tigers.

yeh id bet on Bristol as well, i may be a sale fan but im liking bristol this season, they play rather well lol
i tip Dan Ward- Smith to be named in Ashtons squad in january

Superb preparation in the summer. Didn't Bristol's coach have his team running up and down hills with bergens filled with rocks or something?!

Coverage on Sky Sports 1**

my mistake!

Now on!

Team Lineups:

Bristol Rugby: 15. Craig Morgan 14. Lee Robinson 13. Sam Cox 12. Josh Taumalolo 11. David Lemi 10. David Hill 9. Shaun Perry 1. Alex Clarke 2. Mark Regan 3. Darren Crompton 4. Roy Winters 5. Gareth Llewellyn 6. Alfie To'oala Vaeluaga 7. Joe El Abd 8. Dan Ward-Smith
Replacements: 16. Saul Nelson 17. Dave Hilton 18. Nathan Budgett 19. Matt Salter 20. Brian O'Riordan 21. Jason Strange 22. Brian Lima

Bath Rugby: 15. Michael Stephenson 14. Joe Maddock 13. Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu 12. Olly Barkley 11. David Bory 10. Shaun Berne 9. Nick Walshe 1. David Barnes 2. Lee Mears 3. Laurence Ovens 4. Peter Short 5. Danny Grewcock 6. Andy Beattie 7. James Scaysbrook 8. Zak Feau'nati
Replacements: 16. Pieter Dixon 17. Terry Sigley 18. Rob Fidler 19. Jonny Fa'amatuainu 20. Hottie Louw 21. Andy Williams 22. Chev Walker

Well, we were right, but theres more:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("BBC Sport Online")</div>
Bristol won the West country derby in front of a Premiership record crowd for a club venue of 21,500 at Bristol City's Ashton Gate ground.[/b]

Even if this is just a one off, and this is just a mere baby step, it is so thrilling to see a rugby match seen and enjoyed by so many people!

Makes you wonder when Sarries will eventually fill Watford's ground :(

Well, we were right, but theres more:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("BBC Sport Online")
Bristol won the West country derby in front of a Premiership record crowd for a club venue of 21,500 at Bristol City's Ashton Gate ground.[/b]

Even if this is just a one off, and this is just a mere baby step, it is so thrilling to see a rugby match seen and enjoyed by so many people!

Makes you wonder when Sarries will eventually fill Watford's ground :( [/b][/quote]

Unlikely to be honest, at least for the next 3 or 4 seasons. Even OIrish can't fill the Madjeski Stadium on St. Patricks Day, when all the plastic paddys come out to play.

Final Score

Bristol 16-6 Bath

Bristol Try Scorers: Gareth Llewellyn, Lee Robinson both unconverted
Penalty: David Hill (2)

Bath manged 6 points through Olly Barkleys 2 penalties

Decent match i would say

Both hookers in the bin at the same time for a breif moment lol

<div class='quotemain'> Well, we were right, but theres more:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("BBC Sport Online")

Makes you wonder when Sarries will eventually fill Watford's ground :( [/b][/quote]

Unlikely to be honest, at least for the next 3 or 4 seasons. Even OIrish can't fill the Madjeski Stadium on St. Patricks Day, when all the plastic paddys come out to play.
[/b][/quote]

Sadly a realistic assessment, I would say a bit too optimistic, I'd place it at five years! :(

Sarries and London Irish are rather annonymous in their respective areas. Sarries being the classic rugby refugees, ranging from Southgate to Enfield and now Watford. I guess you could call them a general North London Rugby Club?

Apart from the Strolling Minstrels, sorry Wasps, that's proberbly a fair assesment. Sarries really need to get themselves a decent ground (Vickerage road can only be described as a dump, bloody crap football stadium) and build up a fan base in an area where they're going to pull in the numbers.

Still, in around 10 years time I'd imagine we'll have an average attendence of 25-30,000 at most grounds each week if the national side start winning again and pulls in some more fans.

Apart from the Strolling Minstrels, sorry Wasps, that's proberbly a fair assesment. Sarries really need to get themselves a decent ground (Vickerage road can only be described as a dump, bloody crap football stadium) and build up a fan base in an area where they're going to pull in the numbers.

Still, in around 10 years time I'd imagine we'll have an average attendence of 25-30,000 at most grounds each week if the national side start winning again and pulls in some more fans.
[/b]

Well I think my RotD idea would help...If they know about it they will come.

A lot of people are disillusioned about the Premiership but going to see a footy team other than your own, even if it's lower down the league, goes against the grain.

Rugby should be really pushing at present to take advantage of it.

Having alot of local coverage too helps. All the main Worcestershire papers dedicate most of their sports pages to the (wasted) Warriors.

Having alot of local coverage too helps. All the main Worcestershire papers dedicate most of their sports pages to the (wasted) Warriors.
[/b]

Yeah 'loo get absolutely nothing from BBC local radio or the Liverpool Echo...result 500-1000 people at the games.

We were crap i could write a huge report on the match & how i wasted my money but i'll spaire you all!

Latest posts