Batman Arkham Asylum

Discussion in 'General Gaming Chat' started by Radman, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Radman

Radman Guest

This game looks fantastic and from the wee taste of gameplay seems to very interesting indeed.

HERE is some gameplay footage.

HERE is the most recent clip of the game revealing Bane.

The following info is from Game Informer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. esoj

esoj Guest

it looks alright have to wait and see how it turns out though.

4. woosaah

woosaah Guest

sounds like a true batman experience, hopefully it will be like that.

would be cool if they did some other DC comic games like this, involving alot of the dc universe.

what i would like to see is a game for superman, from superboy and help him grow into superman, that will never happen, that would be awesome though :)

5. Radman

Radman Guest

6. esoj

esoj Guest

7. Have to say, this looks excellent.

8. Zonerunner

Zonerunner Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Radman @ Apr 17 2009, 05:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    You just officially caught my attention.

(Also, yay to all the 90's cartoon voice actors reprising their roles. Geek joy hearing them all again...)

9. This looks great to me. I don't even like Batman as a rule but this game looks top, top notch.

10. Radman

Radman Guest

11. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

12. esoj

esoj Guest

yep looking like a good game for sure.

13. esoj

esoj Guest

14. C A Iversen

C A Iversen Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Aug 4 2009, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Just thought I should mention that PS3 game features the exclusive ability to play the game as the Joker in the challenge rooms. Worth considering I'd say.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-batman-arkham/49775

15. esoj

esoj Guest

absolutely if you only have a ps3 or are a multi console owner I would highly recommend getting on ps3 to play as the joker it looks pretty awesome going by that video.

16. esoj

esoj Guest

17. CeeJay

CeeJay Guest

This game looks excellent. Everything seems to be done very well with alot of attention to detail.

That being said, I get the sinking feeling that its going to be very short...like six hours short. Im just speculating but it seems to have done everything else right and that may come at the expense of longevity.I dont want longevity for the sake of longevity but I would like to see 15 to 20 hours. I dont want to finish it on the same night I get it. Hopefully they can make a high quality game that lasts like MGS4. Either way Im looking forward to it.

18. esoj

esoj Guest

I have read on the official forums that the demo is out on the uk psn. other parts of the world and platforms to follow I guess maybe later today or tomorrow

19. esoj

esoj Guest

just found this was posted by a community manager from edios so it seems legit. demo release times and platforms

- PS3 (PAL only):
    Thursday 6th August, 8-10am PT (4-6pm GMT) Huzzah!
    - PS3 (NTSC only):
    Thursday 6th August, 11.30pm ET (4.30am GMT+1)
    - X360 (worldwide):
    Thursday 6th August, 4.30-8.30pm PT (00.30-4.30am GMT+1)
    - PC (worldwide):
    Thursday 6th August, 11.30pm ET (4.30am GMT+1)

20. esoj

esoj Guest

you now be able to get it on every platform. I have played through it a couple times on the pc and this game is going to be quality alright. demo has convinced me to buy it day one for the pc.

21. How about a magic trick?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!