• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Batman: The Dark Night

That's the point Superman is too dull & "mr perfect". Batman & Wolverine both have depth....it's the depth & back-story that make the characters who they are, it's also what always makes their hero status a struggle for them.
[/b]

Ok, i'm not a comic book reader. I'm a film watcher, so from my perspective Wolverine has absolutely no back story.
The guy did some cage fighting, yadda yadda yadda, he joined the x-men school.
Batman is tragically scarred by his parents death - as is superman.
Superman is a shinning example because he is not human but has to act it day in day out. He doesn't mope around his mansion he's a busy body running around writing stories for his newspaper. :D

Clarke Kent and Lois Lane - Who's Batman got? There isn't a real love relationship there. (or am i mistaken?)

Superman also loses a second dad that's horrific.

Then again Superman doesn't have a little gay friend. :rolleyes:

Ok, i'm not a comic book reader. I'm a film watcher, so from my perspective Wolverine has absolutely no back story.
The guy did some cage fighting, yadda yadda yadda, he joined the x-men school.

[/b]

Wolverine is a mutant and his special ability is that he heals....the US Army used this so they could experiment on him to turn him into a killing machine. 'cause they knew he'd heal they cut him open and replaced his skeleton with adamantium which is why he's so solid and has those claws.

Ok wolverine doesnt come into it for me he can go die (if he can die) for all i care :p

as for superman matt pretty much sums it up for me. I have only just started reading the superman comics from the 40's and 50's (i got a couple of books full of these comics) and he is funny. He has some weird enemys that hardly anyone here would read about. He does some crazy things and meets some weird creatures from around the galaxy, and some of it doesnt make sense (hell its a comic set in the 40's)

Superman has many love interests, not only lois lane and lana lang (like in smallville, though Lois isnt a love interest yet and the ending of smallville this year was gay, but i digress) he also has lori lemaris who was a mermaid which is weird.

ok i dont know what my point is. i think i wanted to post in here but everyone pretty much made my point (that is on the superman side lol)

but i do like both.

Spiderman kicks arse. I love the fact that he actually have real life problems to deal with, like scraping a living and not being able to get his dream for ages.

He's far more interesting than the star reporter that is Superman, or Batman, who happens to be a millionare.

Wolverine has always been cool though, got a bit of an edge to him. Goes in 'Angry' category with Raphael from TMNT and The Punisher (who isn't that great, but still more fun than Superman).

A great comic book character for me lies in the fact that he can, and sometimes does, fail.

The world loves a fallen hero.

SUPER MAN IS GAY! HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO????

253675vBda_w.jpg

Have you forgot???

Plus, Batman defeated Superman in the comics, and we all agree that Wolverine > Batman, therefore...

WOLVERINE > All of your base.

Spider-Boy is annoying in the way that his "real life" struggles are all based around his Auntie (not getting into trouble with her etc.) and trying to get the hottest girl in school. I've been there...when i was 15.

Batman we've all established is no comparison...to any other superhero.

Wolverine's a jackass. He's not even a super hero - he just runs about fighting for the justice of mutants. How can any of us (bar Mite) relate to that? :p

Superman however, dear me, where to begin...

Spider-Boy is annoying in the way that his "real life" struggles are all based around his Auntie (not getting into trouble with her etc.) and trying to get the hottest girl in school. I've been there...when i was 15.

[/b]

THANK YOU!!!! Those films are basically Dawson's Creek with CGI. Everyone seems to think they are fantastic. It makes me sick the way those two no-marks Toby Maguire and Kirsten Dunst bang on about how deep they the roles are like they are in RADA or the RSC or something.

"Well my character, like, goes on this deep emotional journey during the film..."

He may be gay but he's a gay who can throw batman into the sun.

Superman > Batman.

I think we've established both Batman and Superman are rubbish in their own special way.

Quite like to see a fight between Spiderman and Wolverine now.

Spiderman 4 teh ween!!!!11!!!one!!!!

Still ginger beer.
[/b]

It's just rubbish....mega-powerful alien battling crime on earth. Big deal....I killed an ant the other day, it doesn't make me anything special.

It's just dull...

It's just rubbish....mega-powerful alien battling crime on earth. Big deal....I killed an ant the other day, it doesn't make me anything special.

It's just dull...
[/b]

I condone neither your actions nor your comparison!

Sure, let's get Spiderman to turn back time, shall we?
Let's get wolverine to stop a plane from hurtling towards the ground.

Persepective, people!

If Superman hadn't been such a loser and let Lois die in the first place, he wouldn't have needed to turn back time.

Any character that can be killed by standing next to a coloured rock is crap.

He may be able to shoot lasers from his eyes, but if I stand a small glowing gem next to him, he's f***ed.

Yeah, but talk to batman about his parents and he curls up in the corner hugging his knees rocking back and forth.
Go to Spiderboy talking about his uncle ben and he'll cry and run away hiding the tears saying he's got homework to do.

Yeah, but talk to batman about his parents and he curls up in the corner hugging his knees rocking back and forth.
Go to Spiderboy talking about his uncle ben and he'll cry and run away hiding the tears saying he's got homework to do.
[/b]

Dredd is the way forward.

"Gave into the face of fear..."

Fist_Of_Dredd.jpg

Good God.....I've just realised. Martin Johnson IS Judge Dredd.

Latest posts