TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
15465.2.jpg

Bayonne have bolstered their ranks for next season by capturing All Blacks Sione Lauaki and Neemia Tialata.

http://www.espnscrum.com/francetop14-2010-11/rugby/story/139914.html

Lauaki should of stayed with Clermont, he's done well there and they are a much better team and don't have a circus going on behind the scenes,

Idd, he had a good season with ASm so far ( still in the run for the championship) not sure if tialata will be an added value for Bayonne.

Curious about the frontrow of the Canes next year.

Ahh so thats were he is, I was wondering where Sione was playing. I wonder if hes still good?

He does start every game ( but that's maybe because they paid big money for him)

lolz at Tialata. He's gonna get murdered in the scrums in France...Lauaki is not too bad but he butchered at least two 2 on 1s against Biarritz. Should take off the blinkers sometimes...

Lauaki has been playing well for Clermont and I find it strange on why he is moving; perhaps Clermont need to free up a bit of money.

Always thought Lauaki was a bit overrated myself. A bit of a flat track bully that dissapears when his physicality is neutralised. Kinda like an intelligent, slightly fatter Denis Leamy.

Lauaki has been playing well for Clermont and I find it strange on why he is moving; perhaps Clermont need to free up a bit of money.

He's moving because athough he's got lots of muscle he's a bit short on the one between the ears...

lolz at Tialata. He's gonna get murdered in the scrums in France...Lauaki is not too bad but he butchered at least two 2 on 1s against Biarritz. Should take off the blinkers sometimes...
Personally I don't think Tialata will get murdered in the scrums at all, as he is a very solid scrummager. Indeed Tialata remains one of the stronger scrummaging props in NZ - his biggest issue is his complete lack of mobility around the park. He has issues with his knees, meaning he usually isn't able to train properly, and therefore his fitness levels aren't that high. However, he still does the basics (scrummaging, lineout lifting, hitting rucks) at a high level.

Well it looks like the general consesus feels that hes going good and hardly surprising. I always found him a barnstorming runner however he had a reputation for only being barnstorming against New Zealand teams lol.

Tialata will be a good signing, but will only be good if he stays fit. From what I have seen of Lauaki in the Top 14, can be brillaint or can be dire. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good.

Tialata will be a good signing, but will only be good if he stays fit. From what I have seen of Lauaki in the Top 14, can be brillaint or can be dire. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good.

A perfect description of Lauaki when he was in NZ as well.

Personally I don't think Tialata will get murdered in the scrums at all, as he is a very solid scrummager. Indeed Tialata remains one of the stronger scrummaging props in NZ - his biggest issue is his complete lack of mobility around the park. He has issues with his knees, meaning he usually isn't able to train properly, and therefore his fitness levels aren't that high. However, he still does the basics (scrummaging, lineout lifting, hitting rucks) at a high level.

Thats what i was thinking. 40 odd test matches but hes going to get "murdered" in a domestic comp? please.

I think my old ears heard on NZ's Radio Sport that Brumbies and Wallabies lock, Mark Chisholm has signed for 3 or 4 years too ... i'll see if my eyes are more attentive than my ears, and provide a link :)

Thats what i was thinking. 40 odd test matches but hes going to get "murdered" in a domestic comp? please.

Considering that Carl Hayman (supposedly the best in the world) is getting done every week, it is indeed probable that Tialata will receive the same treatment. SH props usually find it very difficult to adapt to T14 scrummaging...

Agreed. If they're all so useless then who's buying them then and why? Obviously someone who knows a little more about the reality of the issue than any of us, and they don't mind buying the right talent from whatever the part of the world they are from.

Latest posts