1. Tom French - Spent most of his time at Henley, gets rushed into the line at the HEC final and goes about demolishing Leicester's scrum. Awesome future and if he can handle 80 minutes of the HEC as a baptism of fire, give him a shout in the RWC too.
2. Mark Regan - Right, bear with me here...he has had quite a come back this year both with Bristol and with England on the tour just gone. Give him another run out against the French in the warm up game to see how he holds up and if so, unleash him. The Boks didn't like him and they still won't like him in September. Hey, it worked for France with Ibanez!
3. John Brooks - I too noticed him in this years Churchill Cup. Him and French could make up England's new dream front row for years to come.
4. Lewis Deacon - Fair dos, on form too this year. Just drill into him the
5. Ben Kay - On form and still got the tenacity that made him a world cup winner. Give him one last hurrah.
6. Nick Easter - Excellent player in form but also shows good promise by ploughing on even as most of his team ran out of steam at Pretoria.
7. Tom Rees - Excellent prospect who is in form. Hopefully for once he'll manage to master the Welsh this time...
8. Haskell - A tradegy that D-W-S can't get a bionic leg or become a cyborg like the Major out of Ghost in the Shell. Haskell is a good enough replacement and is a good ball carrier.
9. Shaun Perry - Perry has a sharper pass than Richards, he has a faster pass than Richards, he is bulky yet fast and has as much initiative as Richards, he is an excellent Scum half. Richards on the bench though. Me and Mite can have this argument until the cows come home but the guy is an excellent Scrum Half.
10. Shane Geraghty/Flood/Wilkinson - Dead heat. I have no idea who to choose. Geraghty has the speed and initiative to just run at a line and find an invisible gap but isn't reknown for his kicking. Flood is good with his kicking and is also fast and agile but has the precense of a fairy when tackling. Wilkinson makes his tackles and kicks well but..well...he'll die by the end of the group stages! I'm edging towards Geraghty and have Flood on the bench but I'm still not sure.
11. David Strettle - Dear god! I'd never leave him out. Has guts, speed and intelligence in spades. A shoe in for the job.
12. Anthony Allen - We need a stable centre partnership. He may be small but he is very, very good. Best guy to partner Tait in my opinion which brings me to...
13. Mathew Tait - ...the perfect partner for guys like Allen, Flood and Geraghty. Needs to work on his tackling though...seriously.
I'm not surprised he's unsure, we've not been able to play our first choice 15 since the RWC in 03! He wouldn't be unsure if everyone was fit but since players keep dropping like flies he's obviously going to be very unsure about squad and team selection!