• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bbc Sports Personality Of The Year

A

An Tarbh

Well it's that time of year again and with England winning the Ashes in no small part to the efforts of Andrew Flintoff he's a shoe in for BBC Sports Personality of the Year while the England team are equally as unbackable for team of the year.

Shane Warne has already won the Overseas personality of the year and received his award from commentating legend Richie Benaud.

Now while Flintoff will undoubtedly pick of the top prize what the **** is Andrew Murray doing on the list, wow he got to an ATP final and has risen up the world rankings and that's enough to win a nomination whereas Colin Montgomerie actually achieves something this year in winning the order of merrit for the record 8th time and that goes unnoticed. Reminds me how fickle these awards can be, only have to look at 2001 for that when David Beckham won it for that goal against the Greeks, when it was Ellen MacArthur who actually achieved something in setting her record in the round the world global challenge.

Well then he should heed some words of wisdom from Dougal: "Don't worry Len they repeat those shows all the time".

Well I'm actually surprised at Mourinho winning coach of the year, would have thought Fletcher would win it but if not him Benitez.

Good to see that the British don't gloat at their own successes, let's give ourselves an award for winning the Olympics. **** sake
<

You mean like every country does whenever they win somthing? e.g. Argentina with Maradona

well there's a bit of a difference between winning a sporting event and winning the rights to host a sporting event.

and shockingly enough Flintoff takes it by a country mile. No seriously though, it's good when someone wins it on the back of achieving something significant so fair play to him.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 11 2005, 10:21 PM
well there's a bit of a difference between winning a sporting event and winning the rights to host a sporting event.
Just becauseno-one cares about the Eurovision Song Contest!
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Dec 12 2005, 10:34 AM
whata shambles, not one welsh men there, thats crap.
But Flintoff is English, so you could probably claim that.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Dec 11 2005, 11:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Dec 11 2005, 11:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-An Tarbh
@Dec 11 2005, 10:21 PM
Just becauseno-one cares about the Eurovision Song Contest!
<
[/b]
well I don't recall us giving out or making up any awards when we won the thing, although that was back in the day.

Lora, at least Alfie won the Welsh one and seemingly had a good **** up with Trevor Brennan.

I guess you really expected Wales to get team of the year over the cricket team?

What else have Wales, or a welshman, done sporting wise this year?

Well Simon Jones was crucial to England winning the Ashes might have been a different story if he missed the series.

Playing for England though.

And considering Flintoff was the Beckham/Wilkinson of the team, there never was going to be any other option.

If Henson had won it I would have demanded my lisence fee back.

simon jones is born in glamorgan and speaks with a welsh accent, he was also in my opinion crucial to england winning the ashes

he plays for england because the ecb dont let the welsh have there own test team.

gareth thomas should have at least been in the top 5.

well it is the England and Wales Cricket Board just too much of a mouthful all the time to be calling them the England and Wales cricket team.

So at least you have something afterall Lora.

its f***ing ****, im sorry but why dont we call it wales then if its too much of a mouthfull.

Latest posts