• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bedford Blues

tinchy17

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Saracens
I'm going to see Saracens play Bedford Blues in Bedford next month, so I was wondering how they play and if they are a decent side. I'm asking because obviously I don't know their style and also haven't seen the Sarries encounter them in my two seasons of supporting them.

Not as good as they used to be. Last season the results against Bristol were;

26/09 Bedford 5-6 Bristol
18/12 Bristol 37-16 Bedford
27/03 Bedford 17-16 Bristol
18/04 Bristol 41-32 Bedford

They were good enough to get in the playoffs and actually did beat us in the playoffs up there. Good side, forwards dominant but they can score tries.

Have the likes of ex-Wales 7s player Liam Roberts, Nick Walshe capped by England ... twice and Paul Tupai who has played for Samoa.

Got a more than decent ND1 side.

I remember watching them quite a while ago against the dragons at the parade, probably about 4 or 5 years ago. They were really boring and the game turned out to be a really boring spectacle. But obviously this was quite a long time ago and was only one game so no doubt they are better now

Their captain James Pritchard plays for Canada and is one of our all time highest scoring players, solid kicker and quick feet. Their form has improved so far this season probably not enough for promotion but a threat in the playoffs.

Latest posts