Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Beer is awesome. Talk about it here.

I've got this really really nice pils called Weltenburger Kloster that's absolutely animal. I had a lot of it in Germany when I was a wee lad and I've just found out that the offo down the road fro me is doing it on the cheap. I'm also having a lot of Utenos which is Lithuanian as far as I know. It's a very good lager.

Just out of curiosity, to any of our New Zealanders I was drinking a lager from your end of the world the other day. It made quite a big deal about being extra malty and it came in a yellow 6 pack (bottles) but I haven't been able to find it again. Any ideas?

Beer is awesome. Talk about it here.

I've got this really really nice pils called Weltenburger Kloster that's absolutely animal. I had a lot of it in Germany when I was a wee lad and I've just found out that the offo down the road fro me is doing it on the cheap. I'm also having a lot of Utenos which is Lithuanian as far as I know. It's a very good lager.

Just out of curiosity, to any of our New Zealanders I was drinking a lager from your end of the world the other day. It made quite a big deal about being extra malty and it came in a yellow 6 pack (bottles) but I haven't been able to find it again. Any ideas?

I'm certainly no expert on lager, but my guess would be Monteith's Golden Lager:

Personally I'm far more into my porters these days - luckily one one of our local breweries (Emerson's) makes a very good one....

Last edited:
I've never had anything better than...

Newcastle-Brown-Ale-1.257111010_std.jpg

I'm certainly no expert on lager, but my guess would be Monteith's Golden Lager:

Personally I'm far more into my porters these days - luckily one one of our local breweries (Emerson's) makes a very good one....

Found it, it's called Mac's Gold. I have no idea of the opinion of it back in NZ, but I liked it.

Have you ever had a peated porter Darwin? They malt the barley over a peat fire, which gives it a really distinct taste. Nom.

Found it, it's called Mac's Gold. I have no idea of the opinion of it back in NZ, but I liked it.

Have you ever had a peated porter Darwin? They malt the barley over a peat fire, which gives it a really distinct taste. Nom.

I do not believe I have - sounds good though. I shall have to look out for one next time I go to buy some more beer.

EDIT: Just brought myself a bottle of this stuff:

images

It contains beechwood smoked malt (rather than peat smoked malt) but I'd assume it would have a similar effect. I'm tempted to give it a try now, but I should probably wait until the Highlanders match tonight (especially considering I'm still at work...).

Last edited:
While I can't really comment on other countries beer, as I haven't tasted it, except for Grolsch, Heineken (duh), Millers, Peroni and Fosters... I am a very frequent drinker of the frothy brewskie!

In South Africa we have Amstel lager (which is an international brand) and then:
images
images

But we also get Namibian Beer:
images

Not a huge beer drinker, in fact not an alcohol drinker full stop any more, not had anything for nearly 3 months.

When I do I like Brains SA Gold, Corona and an Argentinian lager, Quilmes

While I can't really comment on other countries beer, as I haven't tasted it, except for Grolsch, Heineken (duh), Millers, Peroni and Fosters... I am a very frequent drinker of the frothy brewskie!

In South Africa we have Amstel lager (which is an international brand) and then:
images
images

But we also get Namibian Beer:
images

So you drink Amstel, Grolsh and Heineken... Deep down you love Holland ey ;)

The beers I enjoy the most:

1. Guinness (not a beer, but still)
2. Hertog-Jan (Dutch beer with a fine taste. Not the type of beer you chuck away in 5 minutes)
3. MGD (Miller's, a refined beer which is nice to drink during dinner)

Honourable mention:

Desperado's. This drink is something else. Beer with a spray of tequila, makes it perfect to drink on a summer evening.

2. Hertog-Jan (Dutch beer with a fine taste. Not the type of beer you chuck away in 5 minutes)

Honourable mention:

Desperado's. This drink is something else. Beer with a spray of tequila, makes it perfect to drink on a summer evening.

Yes well that is the Home of my Grandfather, and my Brother and Cousin is currently on holiday there...

Honourable mention:

Yes well that is the Home of my Grandfather, and my Brother and Cousin is currently on holiday there...

My zo'n says the same thing. He loves Holland because I'm from Holland. I hate Holland though. People keep rambling on about how great it is, but in the end it's s as bad as the United States of Assholes

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I've flipped flopped my choice of beer. I've always been a fan of a Heineken, but lately I drink a lot more Speight's. I also drink Tsingtao lately, a chinese beer that is pretty cheap in my local supermarket (like $2.99 for 630ml) and actually fairly reasonable in taste.

I tried Tsingtao a couple of weeks ago but I had trouble finishing my drink. It was too much cider-like.

Planning on having quite a bit of Švyturys Baltijos Dark Red tonight. It's a Marzen been from Lithuania that's brewed with caramelised malt, making it a bit sweet, but pretty refreshing. Also, at 5 for a tenner it's right in my price range :)

Dutch Gold...

Tonight I'm hitting the sombrero I reckon . nice light tequila beer that is 1.40 per can,.. nice

Duvel, Vedett, actually most Belgian beers.
Bulmers and Rekordlig (love those fruity ciders)

Picked up some monteits and speights.

Trying something called BlonderBrau now , 1 euro a can , so I'm not expecting anything of the Tasty Variety

Last night I got myself some lovely San Miguel , I love the flavours off it

And the night before that it was all about the Touborg , 3 euro a pint is not an offer to be turned down.

Latest posts