• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ben Cohen...

S

Saint N Sinner

Injured again...
<

Oh dear, he does seem to get injured quite a bit doesn't he?

Oh well, won't change how Saints play their games will it - just losing...

Coco

Will be interesting to see if he has any chance of being involved for England in the 6 nations now, won't have much playing time before the Welsh game and whether he'd be chosen anyway is up to Andy Robinson.

he shoudl be able to 6 weeks i wouldnt doubt it, unless is bones heal slowly then it could be a problem...

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Dec 24 2005, 05:25 PM
Will be interesting to see if he has any chance of being involved for England in the 6 nations now, won't have much playing time before the Welsh game and whether he'd be chosen anyway is up to Andy Robinson.
It should be Voyce or Varndell on the other wing. Cohen still hasn't hit top form, and is too similar to Cueto, who is performing better.

I agree.

In Cohen's case he seemed to have reached a peak in the World Cup, but has declined ever since. I think Voyce should be playing at No 11 and Varndell on the bench at the moment (even though he is a Tigers man).

Coco

In the RWC he didn't play his best, no way near hist top form.

But played his part.

are there any wingers in england (white boys) that play like rocks, sivi, dougy etc..or are they all like cohen

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Dec 27 2005, 11:09 AM
are there any wingers in england (white boys) that play like rocks, sivi, dougy etc..or are they all like cohen
Cueto, Voyce, Diggin (ahem, running out of ideas off the top of my head)

i remember seeing this black guy and he wasnt a import from the islands he was an english dude ..his name was monye or sumting??

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Dec 27 2005, 11:31 PM
i remember seeing this black guy and he wasnt a import from the islands he was an english dude ..his name was monye or sumting??
Yeah, Ugo Monye. He is quite good, but playing in the Second Division with Quins at the mo, so unlikely to get picked any time soon.

Originally posted by harrison2468+Dec 28 2005, 12:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Dec 28 2005, 12:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mark_shaw
@Dec 27 2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah, Ugo Monye. He is quite good, but playing in the Second Division with Quins at the mo, so unlikely to get picked any time soon. [/b]
His brother ND is far better!
<
<

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Dec 29 2005, 02:52 AM
7s playah or smthing
Monye's been around the 7s circuit for ages. Other wingers to watch for the future are Richard Houghton of Saracens, and Tom Varndell of Leicester. All these guys can really go when they put their foot down.

Richard Haughton is good but no saracens players ever get the recognition they deserve, cos take tom Varndell for example only started this season already had his 1st cap for england,
richard_haughton.gif

also Dan Scarborough and Ben Johnston are good fast strong and usualy reliable
dan_scarbrough.gif

ben_johnston.gif

and ben skirving for england no'8.
ben_skirving.gif

Jon Clarke, definately a contender for the England 13 jersey in future...

lclarke8wz.jpg
vclarke17re.jpg

djc6ae.jpg
sclarke3ve.jpg

I think Varndell is certainly going to become a regular in the England line-up in the future. He has searing speed and good strength. In the few minutes of playing for his first England cap he scored a try. And he's only about 20. I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

Coco

Varndell will have a more likely chance with England because he plays for a 'glamour' club, Leicester. It is sadly the truth in the politics of the game.

Varndell btw ran ACROSS the field, just to avoid a certain Lima and his tackle, last match.

Varndell is gonna be the next big thing in English rugby. He's a try scorer is more of a marketable comodity than the likes of Cueto. If you guys saw him in the Durban 7's you'd have to be impressed. The best debut tournament since Lomu some say. Dunno about that but he's gonna be a star in the next few years.

Latest posts