Ben Cohen...

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Saint N Sinner, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Forum Ad Advertisement

2. Coco

Coco Guest

Oh dear, he does seem to get injured quite a bit doesn't he?

Oh well, won't change how Saints play their games will it - just losing...

Coco

3. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Will be interesting to see if he has any chance of being involved for England in the 6 nations now, won't have much playing time before the Welsh game and whether he'd be chosen anyway is up to Andy Robinson.

4. DC

DC Guest

he shoudl be able to 6 weeks i wouldnt doubt it, unless is bones heal slowly then it could be a problem...

5. harrison2468

harrison2468 Guest

It should be Voyce or Varndell on the other wing. Cohen still hasn't hit top form, and is too similar to Cueto, who is performing better.

6. Coco

Coco Guest

I agree.

In Cohen's case he seemed to have reached a peak in the World Cup, but has declined ever since. I think Voyce should be playing at No 11 and Varndell on the bench at the moment (even though he is a Tigers man).

Coco

7. In the RWC he didn't play his best, no way near hist top form.

But played his part.

8. mark_shaw

mark_shaw Guest

are there any wingers in england (white boys) that play like rocks, sivi, dougy etc..or are they all like cohen

9. Cueto, Voyce, Diggin (ahem, running out of ideas off the top of my head)

10. mark_shaw

mark_shaw Guest

i remember seeing this black guy and he wasnt a import from the islands he was an english dude ..his name was monye or sumting??

11. harrison2468

harrison2468 Guest

Yeah, Ugo Monye. He is quite good, but playing in the Second Division with Quins at the mo, so unlikely to get picked any time soon.

12. Titan

Titan Guest

His brother ND is far better! [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. mark_shaw

mark_shaw Guest

7s playah or smthing

14. Monye's been around the 7s circuit for ages. Other wingers to watch for the future are Richard Houghton of Saracens, and Tom Varndell of Leicester. All these guys can really go when they put their foot down.

15. sarries fan

sarries fan Guest

Richard Haughton is good but no saracens players ever get the recognition they deserve, cos take tom Varndell for example only started this season already had his 1st cap for england,
    [​IMG]
    also Dan Scarborough and Ben Johnston are good fast strong and usualy reliable
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and ben skirving for england no'8.
    [​IMG]

16. Jon Clarke, definately a contender for the England 13 jersey in future...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Coco

Coco Guest

I think Varndell is certainly going to become a regular in the England line-up in the future. He has searing speed and good strength. In the few minutes of playing for his first England cap he scored a try. And he's only about 20. I think he has a bright future ahead of him.

Coco

18. harrison2468

harrison2468 Guest

Varndell will have a more likely chance with England because he plays for a 'glamour' club, Leicester. It is sadly the truth in the politics of the game.

Varndell btw ran ACROSS the field, just to avoid a certain Lima and his tackle, last match.

19. mark_shaw

mark_shaw Guest

oussy..is he a white dude? vadell? is everyone scared of lima up there haha

20. cavan

cavan Guest

Varndell is gonna be the next big thing in English rugby. He's a try scorer is more of a marketable comodity than the likes of Cueto. If you guys saw him in the Durban 7's you'd have to be impressed. The best debut tournament since Lomu some say. Dunno about that but he's gonna be a star in the next few years.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!