• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Berbizier to quit as Italy coach

Brief history on Mr Deans? Sounds like a healthy SH manager with experience!

Current coach of the Canterbury Crusaders, although he's moving on next year. Use to be assistant coach as well for the All Blacks, so he has a wealth of experience.

I'd rather see him move to Italy than South Africa, as he's an awesome coach, and if he coaches the Springboks, the All Blacks will be in a hole. Most Super 14 franchises in Australia and South Africa are gunning for him.

Real shame that for the Italians but the players are still there for the next coach to take on.

Why not look for a local coach.

Yeah, there must surely be some good Italian coaches in their Italian leagues.

That said, has anyone noticed that while there are well known Home Nation, French and SH refs, there isn't a well known Italian referee. Even Japan has a semi-known official now, he's learning his trade at linesman in Europe right now!

first of all, the best thanks to BBZ for the wonderful job he did (he is doing) with the azzurri

he wants to go back home, and I really think he's not going to Racing Metro Paris (as loud rumors are saying) but somewhere closer to his southwest home (home of the french rugby as well...)

now for Italy: soon to say, FIR tried to keep BBZ 'til yesterday offering him a consistent remuneration too, but he couldn't /didn't want to accept, probably also becuase of the uncertain future of the domestic competition and structure (many rumors about the entering of a couple of italian clubs in magners celtic league next year, but we'll see... :rolleyes: )

one thing I'm sure: next coach will be a french one, and BBZ will have more than one word in choosing it....

has anyone noticed that while there are well known Home Nation, French and SH refs, there isn't a well known Italian referee. Even Japan has a semi-known official now, he's learning his trade at linesman in Europe right now! [/b]
there's no professional ref in Italy, so they can't ref at top level: only at lower levels such as 6N B or similar, even if they were the best refs in the world (and they're not...)

Italy oh Italy...
you need to kick the development manager's ass you have there! How the heck can you not have a pro referee? I think a country will only be "rugby developed" once you have the following: good base of players, a form of leagues and cups, good youth development, and match officials.

Bloody hell! No pro refs in Italy?! That is incredible.

I do hope that at least one Italian club joins the Magners league next year. Although knowing Italy, they'll put forward the most awkward and most inaccessible club like Arix Viadana.

I do hope that at least one Italian club joins the Magners league next year. Although knowing Italy, they'll put forward the most awkward and most inaccessible club like Arix Viadana. [/b]
if it'll be one, it's Treviso

if two, dunno what the Union could decide with Calvisano - Viadana - Parma (all of them hoping to get in) or maybe a sort of franchise, still soon to say

<div class='quotemain'> I do hope that at least one Italian club joins the Magners league next year. Although knowing Italy, they'll put forward the most awkward and most inaccessible club like Arix Viadana. [/b]
if it'll be one, it's Treviso

if two, dunno what the Union could decide with Calvisano - Viadana - Parma (all of them hoping to get in) or maybe a sort of franchise, still soon to say
[/b][/quote]

Treviso would be perfect. Viadana, Calvisano and Parma should in theory feed towards one franchise, it'd be impossible to put them all in as they all live so close together!

Latest posts