• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best 10 in the world cup

irelandfan123

Bench Player
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Ulster
So , we have all heard Carter is gone , so who is the best 10 in the world atm?

A month ago I would have said Quade Cooper, but lately he has been flat and just keeps making mistakes

Even Wilkinson is missing his kicks , So I would like to know what is everyone else's opinion? :)

(May be bias but I reckon its O'Gara ;))

p.s only my first thread so don't be too harsh if its ****

Last edited:
NZ gets discounted as choice for best 10. now, be between Sexton/Steyn/Cooper/Flood/Wilko. Trinh Duc hasen't played.

I'll put a shout out to Arlidge, Monro and Kotze playing very well for smaller rugby nations at this RWC.

Sexton/Steyn/Cooper/Flood/Wilko

Steyn and Flood would be the only player I would even have in the frame

Sexton has been very dull and Cooper is trying to force it too much

But I also haven't seen much of Flood against the non-minows

Last edited:
Steyn and Flood would be the only player I would even have in the frame

Sexton has been very dull and Cooper is trying to force it too much

But I also haven't seen much of Flood against the non-minows

Agreed, during the Russia match especially he was getting way too flashy and it cost them points. Yes they had the game in tow, but Russia were posssibly the better team in the 2nd half. And Wilko hasn't played well this RWC, still plenty of time for him to turn things around he is a class player.

Which fly-halves have actually got MotM awards so far in the RWC

I think Airlidge got it vs France?

Which fly-halves have actually got MotM awards so far in the RWC

I think Airlidge got it vs France?

Parks vs. England!!!! Seriously...BAHAHAHA

Edit: Monro was close for about 65 minutes vs. France until Canada collapsed.

Alridge, Pisi or Priestland for me if Carter is not allowed. Priestland has been pretty good. His only real big mistake being the missed drop-goal that cost us the SA game. Had another excellent game today against Fiji, and will probably keep both Stephen Jones and James Hook out of the 10 shirt in the QF.

To be honest, I can see Morne Steyn killing us in a semi. He's not an especially talented playmaker, but I don't expect South Africa will be making many plays. It'll be goal shots all day. They'll kick, kick, kick like a hammer hitting a nail into a coffin.

Latest posts