• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Championship players?

psychic duck

International
who are the good players in the Championship?

looking at the leading try scorers, players who didn't cut it at the top level such as Joe Ajuwa and Dave Doherty are there

which players should Premiership sides be looking to sign?

well lat year nottingham had a fullback with long hair who was a very attacking player

also I think hes called bentley he was a fly half for the cornish pirates he was also very good

James Pritchard with Bedford, did have a cup of coffee in the Premiership and Top 14, was too busy with his activities(buisness, coaching) off the field to stay at that level.

James Arlidge racks up massive point totals for Nottingham, Phil Mackenzie is a try machine for Esher even though they are a poor club.

James Pritchard with Bedford, did have a cup of coffee in the Premiership and Top 14, was too busy with his activities(buisness, coaching) off the field to stay at that level.

James Arlidge racks up massive point totals for Nottingham, Phil Mackenzie is a try machine for Esher even though they are a poor club.

MacKenzie really should be in a premiership club. He´s a very good player - as good as many tier one wingers. Donguy just signed a massive new conract with Toulouse but the guy is no good. MacKenzie is better without question.

MacKenzie really should be in a premiership club. He´s a very good player - as good as many tier one wingers. Donguy just signed a massive new conract with Toulouse but the guy is no good. MacKenzie is better without question.

I agree Melhor I had heard that Wasps were tracking Mackenzie but then nothing came of it. He certianly is deserving of a better championship club at the very least, him and his brother Jamie are amongst only 3-4 players that have impressed for Esher this year.

Was not that spectacular with the Dragons to be fair.

ppssshhh ... please!
??? Have you seen Tovey's kicking lately? His defence is still weak and place kicking unpredictable. For kicking out of hand or open play, I'll go with Tovey, but right now he isn't up to his best.

??? Have you seen Tovey's kicking lately? His defence is still weak and place kicking unpredictable. For kicking out of hand or open play, I'll go with Tovey, but right now he isn't up to his best.

Might help if the players around him aren't half as poor. He's going through a bad patch. Was not long ago you were championing him.

Might help if the players around him aren't half as poor. He's going through a bad patch. Was not long ago you were championing him.
Agree, and I was. We need a scrumhalf (Hello Richie Rees) and someone reliable at 12 to relieve the pressure.
What I was saying was on Tovey's current form, I'd go with Arlidge. No doubt that at top form, Tovey is miles ahead.

If I can bring Welsh premiership into this thread, young wings Luke Morgan (Ravens), Eli Walker (Swansea) and Harry Robinson (Cardiff) all could have a great future.
Luke Hamilton (Cardiff) could be a good 8 in a season or two for the Blues, and Ben Thomas (Ravens) for the Ospreys.

well lat year nottingham had a fullback with long hair who was a very attacking player

Yeah, Dave Jackson was his name. He's brilliant. Surprised he isn't at a Premiership club. Ed Jackson (8) at London Welsh, Jack Tovey (centre) at Bristol and Dave Ward (hooker) at the Pirates are all quality players too. Tim Streather (centre) at Nottingham is a class act as well. There is a lot of quality in the Championship nowadays.

Don't want to name any Bristol players because hopefully they will all be Premiership players next season....C'mon Bris

Esher are bringing some new talent through the ranks which is good to see!

Esher are bringing some new talent through the ranks which is good to see!

Phil Mackenzie has 10 tries for them this season and they are finally starting to get some wins, maybe relegation isn't a certainty any more.

The Doncaster flanker Zack Farivarz is decent. Any die-hard Doncaster fans know how to pronounce his surname? Saw him play a few weeks ago on Sky Sports (v. Rotherham ***ans). I think the commentators where saying FAH-ree-ARZ. Just wondering?

Latest posts