• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best comeback in a match you've ever seen

J. Dean

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Worcester
I love hearing "war stories" with sports, and I'd like to hear your rugby story now.

Tell us about the best comeback you've ever seen in a rugby match, where one team seemed down for the count but was able to fight their way back for the win. Live or on TV.

The stand out one for me has to be this year's Heineken Cup final. As a fan, it was up there as one of the best rugby moments I've experienced.

Fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a Super League game just a couple of weeks ago Catalan Dragons with a comeback win over St. Helens capped off with one of the greatest tries in Rugby League history.

France v NZ 1999. World Cup QF. Not just a great comeback but one of the best games I have ever seen

Heineken cup final Last year. Last years sharks vs crUsaders match in twickenham was also good

From a Super League game just a couple of weeks ago Catalan Dragons with a comeback win over St. Helens capped off with one of the greatest tries in Rugby League history.

That was pretty impressive...for league. It was so good I wasn't even hissing at the screen

I was watching the match through headphones on my laptop when that was going on, and I was out of my chair shouting at the screen - my Girlfriend must've thought I was going mad :lol:
Outstanding.

The stand out one for me has to be this year's Heineken Cup final. As a fan, it was up there as one of the best rugby moments I've experienced.

Fantastic.

****** me off at the time, but absolutely correct.

Edinburgh vs Racing Metro was decent, of course thatis from the Edinburgh side.

However the aforementioned HC final last year was epic.

Just to add to the list, France v Wales in 2005.
15-6 down at h/t, getting absolutely battered. We were all saying, well that's the Grand Slam over then...
Martyn Williams had other ideas :)

Just to add to the list, France v Wales in 2005.
15-6 down at h/t, getting absolutely battered. We were all saying, well that's the Grand Slam over then...
Martyn Williams had other ideas :)

aye,that was a fantastic comeback.we hadn't won over there in ?? years.a lot anyway

aye,that was a fantastic comeback.we hadn't won over there in ?? years.a lot anyway
Not that many sorry pal, I think we beat them 43-35 in Paris in 2001 and we'd previously done them 33-32 in 1999. We usually do better against them out there than over here - the only time I personally remember beating France in Cardiff was 2008.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you lose lol.

(nsfw)

I'm surprised this one isn't down yet. Was definitely the best last 7 minutes at least, but there have been better comebacks all together.

How could I forget that? One of the best moments of my life!! :p There goes 11.51 minutes of my life, cheers!!!

EDIT: Well worth it :) I don't think I'll ever be able to get my head round the fact that with the game in the 77th minute we were trailing 14-24... Absolutely insane.

Last edited:
That was awesome, I went utterly mental when that happened. But how the heck did we do it :lol:

Latest posts