• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best comeback in a match you've ever seen

Some would say one of your players cheated to get an opposition player sent off, and that the opposition had two injuries to key players (one of which ended the ones career, nearly his life, and the other an injury which could well have ended the others career) which prevented them from closing out having already done the damage.

But none of that happened right..l,

18d5ba81f2e56c24710d1cf43d3a68cd.gif

Not that many sorry pal, I think we beat them 43-35 in Paris in 2001 and we'd previously done them 33-32 in 1999. We usually do better against them out there than over here - the only time I personally remember beating France in Cardiff was 2008.

my bad: was thinking of the stats for when we went from 75 to 99 without winning in france.<_<

Some would say one of your players cheated to get an opposition player sent off, and that the opposition had two injuries to key players (one of which ended the ones career, nearly his life, and the other an injury which could well have ended the others career) which prevented them from closing out having already done the damage.

But none of that happened right..l,
...Neeeeexxtt!!

I'm surprised this one isn't down yet. Was definitely the best last 7 minutes at least, but there have been better comebacks all together.

My defining memory of that game was the utter white noise as the announcer said Shane's try. The cheering had got so loud I'd lost function in my ears. In fact, I'd pretty much lost the function to do anything but hug everyone around me, including the enormous scary beardy man on my left. I also couldn't see the big screen properly for people jumping around, and going on the haircut thought Huw Bennett'd scored the winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotland not kicking the ball out of bounds at the last kickoff while down two men was one of the most bizarre decisions I've ever seen in sport.

Another great comeback for me was Canada coming back in the last twenty minutes aginst Tonga at the RWC but that game also went back and forth for a while. The Edinburgh vs. Racing Metro game this season was also a good choice earlier.

Some of my favourites from other sports. The biggest comeback in NFL history my favourite team the Bills come down from 35-3 to win 41-38 in OT in a playoff game in 1993.

Newcastle comes back from 4-0 down to earn a draw(and very nearly a win) playing Arsenal

Russians come back from 3-0 down in the final period to win 5-3 in front of 20,000 angry and drunk Canadians to win the World Jr. Ice Hockey Championship.

Reggie Miller scores 8 points in 9 seconds to lead the Indiana Pacers to a comeback win over the Knicks in the final seconds of an NBA game.

says it all really:rolleyes:

a recent one, but I think we can add it to the mix...

Hurricanes vs. Cheetahs, Super Rugby 2012

Cardiff Blues comeback v's Leicester a few years ago was epic! I know it ended in a defeat after the penalty shoot out, but their comeback in normal time had everything, including two touchline conversions from Blair.

It probably won't go down in history as a classic, but this was absolute class from the Hurricanes for a 79th minute win 2 weeks ago

South Africa v Australia 2010 (second highveld test).
Sort of a comeback from both sides. Not the best, but I enjoyed the match.
2010 Tri Nations had a few crackers, need to rewatch them.

The Bunnies comeback win over the Tigers in this year's NRL was pretty special. Down 16-4 with only 5min left.

The Bunnies comeback win over the Tigers in this year's NRL was pretty special. Down 16-4 with only 5min left.

That was a great game Smartcooky I was up until 3 a.m. watching it here live awesome stuff.

Latest posts