• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

best current Rugby Championshipp XV

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
yay, less do dis. So basically, SA + Aus + NZ + Arg, so again basically: SA + Aus + NZ + Arg, full stop.

Less go less go. YEAAAHHH !!!! CAN YOU FEEL THE HYPE IN DIS ??!!!

FOKKKKK YEAA-AHHHHHHHHHHH *brutal technical death metal riff in background*

1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Adriaan Strauss
3 Juan Figallo - because I can pick these Arg props despite them not having played in June!
4 Brodie Retallick - Etzebeth still injured
5 Sam Whitelock
6 Michael Hooper
7 Jerome Kaino
Duane Vermeulen
9 Aaron Smith
10 Morne Steyn
11 Julian Savea
12 Ma'a Nonu
13 Conrad Smith
14 Willie le Roux
15 Ben Smith

16 really not sure any more
17 Bismarck du Plessis
18 Lood de Jager
19 JMF Lobbe
20 Fourie du Preez
21 Aaron Cruden
22 Israel Folau
23 (+TH prop)
see 16

same team as yours stormy but id have Fekitoa in at centre. Otherwise mean team.

Well, I just totally forgot all about Fekitoa! Toughest pick was Smith ahead of Folau but Smith just had more to do and did it.

Well, I just totally forgot all about Fekitoa! Toughest pick was Smith ahead of Folau but Smith just had more to do and did it.

Yeah I was gonna say Folau ahead of Smith but as I done with most of the players of your team, I thought and thought and ended up agreeing with your choices.

Bound to be others that'll go for Folau.

Itd be nice to see that side up against a H cup 15 or Top 14 team.

What is your team based on? If it is a retroactive best 15 of the June tests then maybe. If instead it was the best team to take on a combined Northern Hemisphere side next week then I would strongly disagree.

What is your team based on? If it is a retroactive best 15 of the June tests then maybe. If instead it was the best team to take on a combined Northern Hemisphere side next week then I would strongly disagree.

Based mostly on the June series but I couldn't pick props so just went for Figallo and Ayerza (not that I have an idea what sort of form they are in).

1 Marcos Ayerza
2 Bismarck du Plessis
3 Juan Figallo
4 Brodie Retallick
5 Sam Whitelock
6 Juan Fernandez Lobbe
7 Michael Hooper
8 Duane Vermeulen
9 Fourie du Preez
10 Quade Cooper
11 Julian Savea
12 Matt Toomua
13 Malakai Fekitoa
14 Ben Smith
15 Israel Folau

16 Tony Woodcock
17 Adrian Strauss
18 Owen Franks
19 Lood de Jager
20 Rob Simmons
21 Aaron Smith
22 Handré Pollard
23 Willie le Roux

6 Michael Hooper
7 Jerome Kaino

The South Africans and their especially numerology for flankers such as the French. What is the reason?

:p

Last edited:
The South Africans and their especially numerology for flankers such as the French. What is the reason?

:p

Oh, I didn't swap them. Yes, in SA we have the two swapped in relation to other countries whereas I believe the French just don't make the open/blind side distinction at all. I am not sure but if I remember correctly it's just something we had during the Apartheid isolation years and we just continued as we had it.

Handy looking team you named there!

Oh, I didn't swap them. Yes, in SA we have the two swapped in relation to other countries whereas I believe the French just don't make the open/blind side distinction at all. I am not sure but if I remember correctly it's just something we had during the Apartheid isolation years and we just continued as we had it.

Handy looking team you named there!

Don't you know the story behind that? Yeah, the French don't make the difference between openside/blindside flanker. For them is just left/right flankers, true?

Going a little off the beaten track here but where's the fun in posting you're squad again :p not that they won't look similar ><

1. Marcos Ayerza
2. Bismarck du Plessis
3. Juan Figallo
4. Eben Etzebeth
5. Brodie Retallick
6. Nizaam Carr
7. Michael Hooper
8. Duane Vermeulen
9. Arron Smith
10. Bernard Foley
11. Bryan Habana
12. Malakia Fekito
13. Ben Smith
14. Israel Folau
15. Wille le Roux

16. Tendai Mtawariwa
17. Adriaan Straus
18. Ben Franks
19. Sam Whitlock
20. Jerome Kaino
21. Fourie du Preez
22. Morne Steyn
23. Julian Savea

I am not 100% confident in my back row, Savea should start I know, but, It's Bryan ****ing Habana......I just can't NOT pick him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I like Ben at outside centre, last season he dominated the position plus I really want to play Fekitoa and I can see him playing on the inside with that power he has been showing all season.

When I look at Folau I see a try scoring machine, when I look at Le Roux, I see a try creating machine!!!!! I know Folau should be at fullback, I know this to be true, but I just see le Roux distributing the ball better across the line and having a better kicking game.

In summation I really don't know much about Argentine Rugby and will just have too watch and learn this RC. :D

yay, less do dis. So basically, SA + Aus + NZ + Arg, so again basically: SA + Aus + NZ + Arg, full stop.

Less go less go. YEAAAHHH !!!! CAN YOU FEEL THE HYPE IN DIS ??!!!

FOKKKKK YEAA-AHHHHHHHHHHH *brutal technical death metal riff in background*

You know, This could easily have been mistaken for a Big Ewis thread by that reaction.

Here's my team:

1. Marcos Ayerza
2. Bismarck Du Plessis
3. Juan Figallo
4. Lood De Jager
5. Brodie Retallick
6. Richie Mccaw
7. Willem Alberts
8. Kieran Read

9. Aaron Smith
10. Quade Cooper
11. Julian Savea
12. Jan Serfontein
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Israel Folau
15. Willie Le Roux

16. Marcel van der Merwe
17. Owen Franks
18. Kevin Mealamu
19. Victor Matfield
20. Duane Vermeulen
21. Francois Hougaard
22. Beuden Barritt
23. Malakai Fekitoa

You know, This could easily have been mistaken for a Big Ewis thread by that reaction.

Here's my team:

1. Marcos Ayerza
2. Bismarck Du Plessis
3. Juan Figallo
4. Lood De Jager
5. Brodie Retallick
6. Richie Mccaw
7. Willem Alberts
8. Kieran Read

9. Aaron Smith
10. Quade Cooper
11. Julian Savea
12. Jan Serfontein
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Israel Folau
15. Willie Le Roux

16. Marcel van der Merwe
17. Owen Franks
18. Kevin Mealamu
19. Victor Matfield
20. Duane Vermeulen
21. Francois Hougaard
22. Beuden Barritt
23. Malakai Fekitoa

This kinda is a Big Ewis thread; I got lazy and copied.

Interesting seeing all these XVs. Hopefully we get another one or two and can then look at what 'collective wisdom' has come up with!

Here you go an NH perspective (including guys who are injured)
1.Ayerza
2.Du Plessis
3.Figallo
4.Etzebeth
5.Whitelock
6.Kaino
7.Louw
8.Read
9.Smith
10.Cooper
11.Savea
12.Toomua
13.JDV
14.Smith
15.Folau

16.Strauss
17.Beast
18.Franks
19.Rettalick
20.Alberts
21.Du Preez
22.Cruden
23.Le Roux

This kinda is a Big Ewis thread; I got lazy and copied.

Interesting seeing all these XVs. Hopefully we get another one or two and can then look at what 'collective wisdom' has come up with!

Also

My team is based on who was playing/available during the June tests. I'd loved to add Etzebeth to my line-up but he's been out so long, it would've been unfair to include him.

Also

My team is based on who was playing/available during the June tests. I'd loved to add Etzebeth to my line-up but he's been out so long, it would've been unfair to include him.

Etzabeth should be available by the RC last I heard. Do you know something about Etzabeth I don't?

Obviously this is objective but you really have to go with proven winners. Players that have won games from the abyss. Skill is one thing but temperament is another.

1 Woodcock
2 Du Plesis
3 Franks
4 Etzebeth
5 Brodie Retallick
6 Jerome Kaino
7 Richie McCaw (c)
8 Keiran Ried
9 Aaron Smith
10 Dan Carter (Proven pedigree and all time legend)
11 Julian Savea
12 Ma'a Nonu
13 Conrad Smith
14 Ben Smith
15 Isreal Folau

I dunno, I...I can't help but feel there's some kind of sarcasm in this, STORMER !!!!!...

Obviously this is objective but you really have to go with proven winners. Players that have won games from the abyss. Skill is one thing but temperament is another.

1 Woodcock
2 Du Plesis
3 Franks
4 Etzebeth
5 Brodie Retallick
6 Jerome Kaino
7 Richie McCaw (c)
8 Keiran Ried
9 Aaron Smith
10 Dan Carter (Proven pedigree and all time legend)
11 Julian Savea
12 Ma'a Nonu
13 Conrad Smith
14 Ben Smith
15 Isreal Folau

Do you really think only 3 players outside NZ would make the top XV??

Latest posts