• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

best current Rugby Championshipp XV

I dunno, I...I can't help but feel there's some kind of sarcasm in this, STORMER !!!!!...

[BLINK][BLINK]EWIS!!![/BLINK][/BLINK] I can't deny my own laziness and cater to your insecurities! Don't underestimate my laziness, damnit.

Do you really think only 3 players outside NZ would make the top XV??

Let him have it and believe it. It will only make the loss in Sydney so much harder to swallow.

1. Beast
2. Bismarck du Plessis
3. Figallo
4. Etzebeth
5. Retallick
6. Lobbe
7. Hooper
8. Read
9. Aaron Smith
10. Aaron Cruden
11. Savea
12. Ma'a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Habana
15. Folau

16. Strauss
17. Ayerza
18. Franks
19. Whitelock
20. Alberts
21. Du Preez
22. Coopah
23. Ben Smith

Not sure about my Folau/B.Smith decision, but I figure: I don't want to play B.Smith out of position and want to preserve Habana+Savea on the wings, monster combo. And B. Smith is amazing, I know, but Folau although more one-dimensional, could probably do more damage consistently for a larger chunk of the game. He's huge for a FB, and constantly makes things happen on his own. Ben Smith's AMAZING, but he's not THAT magical although a much better overall player - very few players have ever been.

Otherwise, very happy with my 23. What a fkng team that would be, damn. Would be awesome to watch this xv vs the NH one.

Obviously this is objective but you really have to go with proven winners. Players that have won games from the abyss. Skill is one thing but temperament is another.

1 Woodcock
2 Du Plesis
3 Franks
4 Etzebeth
5 Brodie Retallick
6 Jerome Kaino
7 Richie McCaw (c)
8 Keiran Ried
9 Aaron Smith
10 Dan Carter (Proven pedigree and all time legend)
11 Julian Savea
12 Ma'a Nonu
13 Conrad Smith
14 Ben Smith
15 Isreal Folau

Mate, this is a bit one sided.

Do you really think only 3 players outside NZ would make the top XV??

Yes, yes I do.

How do you pick the best RC XV? You pick it by looking at past performances, proven pedigree and current form at international level. The team that I choose would be impossible not to pick. Most of the players in that team haven't lost an international game for the best part of 2 years.

How do you pick the best RC XV? You pick it by looking at past performances, proven pedigree and current form at international level. The team that I choose would be impossible not to pick. Most of the players in that team haven't lost an international game for the best part of 2 years.

That doesn't mean on an individual basis that they are the best players in that position, it just means collectively they are strong and perform better as a team.

That doesn't mean on an individual basis that they are the best players in that position, it just means collectively they are strong and perform better as a team.

I see what your saying but a champion team will always be a team of champions. Being a great player is not always based on skill set alone, hence my selections.

I think you might be missing the point of these "best of" threads. They are designed for people to rank their opinion of the best player at each position, not the most cohesive team. You would just list the current 15 All Blacks otherwise.

You can see this by looking at any similar thread on this site or other forums.

I think you might be missing the point of these "best of" threads. They are designed for people to rank their opinion of the best player at each position, not the most cohesive team. You would just list the current 15 All Blacks otherwise.

Agreed but I thnk you quoted the wrong guy.

Nah, totally understand.

Everyone has an opinion and ranks their 'best' team and players from their own criteria & perspective...

Fair play.

My criteria is different from yours but that's all good bro.