• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

best current six nations XV..

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
yay, less do dis. So basically, Lions + France + Italy, so again basically: Lions + France, full stop.

Less go less go. YEAAAHHH !!!! CAN YOU FEEL THE HYPE IN DIS ??!!!

FOKKKKK YEAA-AHHHHHHHHHHH *brutal technical death metal riff in background*

1 Cian Healy
2 Dimitri Szarsewski
3 Mike Ross
4 Paul O'Connell
5 Courtney Lawes
6 Yannick Nyanga
7 Sean O'Brien
8 Louis Picamoles
9 Morgan Parra
10 Jonny Sexton
11 George North
12 Wesley Fofana
13 Manu Tuilagi
14 Sofiane Guitoune
15 Mike Brown

16 Rory Best
17 Alberto Di Marchi
18 Adam Jones ?
19 Joe Launchbury
20 Billy Vunipola
21 Danny Care
22 Owen Farrell
23 Matthieu Bastareaud

Remember, the France players you watch these days in Bleus aren't displaying who they really are. Assess their actual talent and skill as individuals, not what PSA makes of them.

Plz feel free to contest or offer picks if you have free time. Bleh.

yay, less do dis. So basically, Lions + France + Italy, so again basically: Lions + France, full stop.

Less go less go. YEAAAHHH !!!! CAN YOU FEEL THE HYPE IN DIS ??!!!

FOKKKKK YEAA-AHHHHHHHHHHH *brutal technical death metal riff in background*

1 Cian Healy
2 Tom Youngs
3 Mike Ross
4 Paul O'Connell
5 Courtney Lawes
6 Tom Wood
7 Sean O'Brien
8 Billy Vunipola
9 Mike Phillips
10 Jonny Sexton
11 George North
12 Gordon D'arcy
13 Manu Tuilagi
14 Andrew Trimble
15 Mike Brown

16 Rory Best
17 Gordon Reid
18 Adam Jones ?
19 Joe Launchbury
20 Jamie Heaslip
21 Danny Care
22 Owen Farrell
23 Stuart Hogg

there's my team

Remember, the France players you watch these days in Bleus aren't displaying who they really are. Assess their actual talent and skill as individuals, not what PSA makes of them.

Plz feel free to contest or offer picks if you have free time. Bleh.
there's my team

Brown
Cuthbert
Davies
Fofana
Bowe
Trinh-Duc
Parra

Corbisiero
Owens
Ross? Lee? Mas? Adam? No idea.
AWJ
O'Connell
O'Brien
Warburton
Parisse

Best
Jenkins
Someone
Launchbury
Nyanga
Care
Biggar
Tuilagi

Right this is off reputation/ last couple of years from like 2012-
1.Healy
2.Hartley
3.Jones
4.O'Connell
5.Launchbury
6.Dusautoir
7.Robshaw
8.Picamoles
9.Care
10.Sexton
11.Huget
12.Fofana
13.Davies
14.North
15.Brown

16.Szar
17.Corbisiero
18.Marchi
19.Wyn Jones
20.O'Brien
21.Parra
22.Tuilagi
23.Dulin

think Adam Jones isn't nearly as good as he was just about a year ago unfortunately. No longer the immovable force he was in the scrum. Like Mas, but not as bad, took a big dive in form recently...

Dusautoir right now, no, I don't think so, again unfortunately. Pre-injury (the one he just had this year earlier missing the 6N), maybe. But with all the younger, bigger flankers in 6N sides right now...
I like the AWJ pick, wanted to put him somewhere but I figured both England locks should deserve a place, and plus, we should promote youth.

De Marchi plays on the left of the scrum though, and Corbisiero really needs to do some proving all over again. I don't even know if it's safe to have him there.

I also feel Kelly Brown deserves a spot, Hogg's a tremendous player, Scotland's got a bunch of very good wingers...

See, with both Saffycen and DunctheDoodle, same "symptom". Can't find another really deserving TH on the bench. DunctheDoodle, I appreciate the heavy old-school tinged picks there, but is it realistic in this current 2014 year ?

Scotty: respectable picks, but Darcy and Trimble ? Yeah they're good, but...

think Adam Jones isn't nearly as good as he was just about a year ago unfortunately. No longer the immovable force he was in the scrum. Like Mas, but not as bad, took a big dive in form recently...
Tighthead was a problem area, probably should have gone Slimani or Wilson. No one in the world is really putting their hand up for tighthead prop. When fit Figallo is a major player but he's had his problems, Wilson's good but...
Dusautoir right now, no, I don't think so, again unfortunately. Pre-injury (the one he just had this year earlier missing the 6N), maybe. But with all the younger, bigger flankers in 6N sides right now...
I like the AWJ pick, wanted to put him somewhere but I figured both England locks should deserve a place, and plus, we should promote youth.
Dusautoir is based on if he is fit, he is probably the best blindside in the world along with Kaino. AWJ is just a pure leader and showed over years that he is world class.
De Marchi plays on the left of the scrum though, and Corbisiero really needs to do some proving all over again. I don't even know if it's safe to have him there.
I thought that De Marchi was competent on both sides of the scrum ?

1 Cian Healy
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Dave Wilson
4 Joe Launchbury
5 Courtney Lawes
6 Steffon Armitage
7 Sean O'Brien
8 Sergio Parrisse
9 Morgan Parra
10 Johnny Sexton
11 Brice Dulin - my opinion of North has gone way down with a pretty pedestrian showing when not carrying
12 Wesley Fofana
13 Manu Tuilagi
14 Alex Cuthbert
15 Mike Brown

Not to derail the trhead but I would love to see NH poster's opinion on a 'Rugby Championship VX'?
EDIT; let me just make the damn thread- please post your 'Rugby Championship VX' as well in the 'General rugby ' section.. prettty please!??

Last edited:
1 Cian Healy
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Dave Wilson
4 Joe Launchbury
5 Courtney Lawes
6 Steffon Armitage
7 Sean O'Brien
8 Sergio Parrisse
9 Morgan Parra
10 Johnny Sexton
11 Brice Dulin - my opinion of North has gone way down with a pretty pedestrian showing when not carrying
12 Wesley Fofana
13 Manu Tuilagi
14 Alex Cuthbert
15 Mike Brown

haha, couldn't have been voted in by anyone else but a Saffa, following the last mid-year tests ! :p
Then again, he really impressed me. Wasn't just running hard in that series...

1 Cian Healy
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Dave Wilson
4 Joe Launchbury
5 Courtney Lawes
6 Steffon Armitage
7 Sean O'Brien
8 Sergio Parrisse
9 Morgan Parra
10 Johnny Sexton
12 Wesley Fofana
13 Manu Tuilagi
14 Alex Cuthbert
15 Mike Brown

Not to derail the trhead but I would love to see NH poster's opinion on a 'Rugby Championship VX'?
EDIT; let me just make the damn thread- please post your 'Rugby Championship VX' as well in the 'General rugby ' section.. prettty please!??

This !!! Is spot on imo maybe POM/Wood from last years 6 nations instead of Armitage as he didn't play .
Trimble/Nowell could feel a shade aggrieved to be behind Cuthbert but he did look good in the mid year tour so I can let it go

Also Hibbard instead of Hartley (his stock has raised dramatically imo) but I'm a big fan of Hibbard

Also Hibbard instead of Hartley (his stock has raised dramatically imo) but I'm a big fan of Hibbard

it's the hair, isn't it ? Knew it. Way over the top. I mean Percival Montgomery (yeah, a human being in the 21st century had that name..) had the Flash Gordon thingy going but it was alright, but Hibbard...just not cool man. I mean, you're not fooling anyone with it, dude.

1.Healy
2.Hartley
3.Ross
4.Lanuchburry
5.POC
6.Wood
7.SOB
8. Parrisse
9.Care
10.Sexton
11.North
12.Fofana
13.Tuilangi
14.Huget
15.Brown
15.Brown

16.Best
17.Marler
18.A.Jones
19.Toner
20.Vunipola
21.Muarry
22.Farrell
23.Medard

Not really on form just quality + still playing.

I love how most people have tuilagi at 13 yet most of us England fans can't decide on who we want in that shirt! Ha ha ha

I love how most people have tuilagi at 13 yet most of us England fans can't decide on who we want in that shirt! Ha ha ha

To me it seems the biggest no-brainer apart fromm Brown at fullback; sure Tuilagi has his limits as a player but what he does he does exceptionally well and what he doesn't add in the backline others can add. Breaking tackles, comitting defenders, assured go-forward in the outer mid-field.. priceless if you ask me.

haha, couldn't have been voted in by anyone else but a Saffa, following the last mid-year tests ! :p
Then again, he really impressed me. Wasn't just running hard in that series...
This !!! Is spot on imo maybe POM/Wood from last years 6 nations instead of Armitage as he didn't play .
Trimble/Nowell could feel a shade aggrieved to be behind Cuthbert but he did look good in the mid year tour so I can let it go

Well, I made my picks based primarily upon the players I have the most respect for as a Bok supporter and certainly the exceptional performances of Hibbard, Armitage (even if he didn't play 6N I still see him as a 6N player), Cuthbert, Tuilagi and Sexton (these players specifically) against my (yes, my) Springbokke has shaded my picks.

Last edited:

I think most England fans want Tuilagi at 13 tbh Burrell did a great job in the 6N and I'm a fan but he's not capable of the things Tuilagi is

I jut think Tuilangi has the most potential, if sombody can teach him that he has wingers he'll easily be the best in the NH.

1.Healy
2.Hartley
3.Ross
4.Lanuchburry
5.POC
6.Wood
7.SOB
8. Parrisse

Dude he's not scottish...

I'm not sure about the backs, but my pack would be something like:

1. Healy
2. Webber / Hibbard
3. Wilson
4. O'Connell
5) Launchbury
6. Nyanga
7. O'Brien
8. Parisse

Sorry Wales, I hate you.
In that 8, Wilsons place is the most up for grabs really. Webber too.

Hibbard's form, especially throwing, suffered during the 6N because he needed surgery. He's had it, says he's feeling fit, so I suspect he'll be back to the top of the pile shortly.

Gethin Jenkins did very well in the summer. I wouldn't say he's miles away from Healy. Whether that was a flash in the pan, not sure.

Wales would normally have a backrow representative in Warbs / Tipuric. Curious to see how they'll do when they get back. Also, on the evidence of the summer, I'd say AWJ deserves to be in ahead of Launchbury.

Last edited:
Hibbard is going to et injuryed again imo it the way he plays like moody for wales he always puts his body on the line and as he gets older it going to become more and more of a hassle.

for me

1) Healey
2) Kayser (even though he has been injured)
3) Wilson
4) Launchbury
5) Lawes
6) Nyanga
7) O'Brien
8) Parisse
9) Care
10) Sexton
11) Huget
12) Fofana
13) Tuiliagi
14) Trimble
15) Brown

16) Youngs (will add great impact in the last 20 min)
17) Di Marchi (had a amazing 6N)
18) Jones (cant think of anyone else really)
19) J.Gray
20) Vunipola
21) Parra
22) Trin-Duc
23) Dulin

agreed stormer about the English and picking Tuilagi at 13. They're making it more complicated than it really is. Because they're so close from the "issue", they're a bit like fish in a bowl, but for an outsider watching what he does and then looking at all those other centers Eng's tried out, there's no hesitation whatsoever. Mass, guys. Rugby's as simple as that sometimes and there just is no substitute for thighs the size of the largest tree in my garden each. Can't get tired of saying this. Plus, in the context of this thread, just imagine Fofana+Tuilagi on a team that knows how to use them. Devastation almighty. Dwelling in that instance, replace Fofana's partner with any of Twelvetrees, Eastmond, Barrett, Burrell, whoever else from England. No way would those qualities be even remotely close to the power and constant going-forwardness of Tuilagi, the pace and monster tackles in his Pacific Islander style.

I believe right now 12.Fofana 13.Tuilagi would be the single deadliest midfield pair in the world.

Props to Tigsman for picking Kayser. The guy is big for a hooker, mature and is one of the rare guys in the French xv who's got a bit of leadership. He's textbook good with his throws and hooker duties and a consistent force. Not picking him at all in my xv because we just haven't seen much of him recently.

But sorry, no way Trimble gets a starting role on this XV, not over Guitoune, North or some of those other guys. Scotland alone has a bunch of serious wingers.

Latest posts