Best EVER Present

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by Hazey, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Hazey

Hazey Guest

Hey all,

Having just received a Boston Red Sox shirt this morning as a present from my mum, and being someone who loves the whole idea of buying and giving someone a present, whether it be a birthday, Christmas or just for the hell of it, I was wondering, what is the best ever present you have received, or bought for someone?

Best gift I've bought for someone: As a total surprise, I bought one of my best friends a South African rugby shirt (he moved over a couple of years ago) and had his name and his age (mwuahaha :D) put on the back! He was absolutely chuffed, couldn't believe I had got it for him. Either that, or buying Aerosmith tickets for my girlfriend last month...

Best gift I've received: This one's more tricky... as a kid, maybe a really expensive remote control car which my mum and I spent about 3 days trying to assemble!

Thanks,

Hazey

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Laetca

Laetca Guest

It's really hard to think of this, but it's too good a topic to let it just go without an answer.

Best gift I ever gave someone, a cape. Sounds strange, but she wanted one, so I bought cloth, pattern, hurt myself a few times using the sewing machine, and gave her a cape that matches perfectly. I was just very happy that she liked it, since I had put so much effotr in it.

Same with a purse I gave a friend of mine a bit back, although that had many mistakes init, because I didn't use a pattern and had to improvise halfway through. So the cape wins it from the purse.

Best gift I ever received is hard. Miost expensive was from my parents when I got 18, driving lessons, so I could get a licence. That was probably also the most useful one.

Can't think of the best gift when it comes to emotional value, I received too many great gifts (like a rose for no good reason, a pair of socks for no good reason, ... best gifts are the ones for no good reason, sicne they take you more by surprise :p)

4. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

my parents completely suprised me last birthday with a PSP...awesome gift. Sadly it was stolen.
    I've given some great gifts...but that's all in the past.

5. Hazey

Hazey Guest

Can you introduce me to Superwoman? :p

It is a harder thing to think about then I realised when I created the topic, I mainly did it on the back of giving a present, and didn't realise until I was trying to write it that thinking of the best present you have actually received is very difficult...

6. Laetca

Laetca Guest

It's not that sort of cape :p

I think I used the wrong word here, believe 'cloak' would be more appropriate :p

It is indeed very hard to think of it, since you have to distinguish between different awesome gifts

7. Hazey

Hazey Guest

Ooooh, so you mean it's more like an invisibility cloak...

Curses, always one step ahead! :p

8. Laetca

Laetca Guest

Or like Madness once said, one step beyond.

I find it pretty hard to believe people have never gotten an amazing gift in their lives.

9. zavala

zavala Guest

When I was seven I got a tackle bag, which I think is the present I was most excited about at the time.

10. ak47

ak47 Guest

by miles the V100 cricket bat under the xmas tree in 1993

when i saw that i started crying

since that day......i have subscribed to kingsgrove catalogue, and have loved cricket ever since.

11. woosaah

woosaah Guest

hmm best pressie that i have got? um.. honeslty i have had some great ones.

probably the one i loved the most was my sega mega drive with NBA Live 95 on it. I loved that game, and that game ended up sending me to aussie when i was 15 since i won the blockbuster tornament over here. that was awesome, and seeing that mum bought me it i took her over with me (since i wasnt old enough to go by myself)

best i have given? i gave my sister a lord of the rings ring, that would have to be the most expensive one i have given. Given mum and dad some nice stuff in the past, mainly dragon/bird ornaments that are hand made or something, they look cool and thats what mum and dad are into.

or buying my girlfriend random jewlery when i feel/can afford it. just for the hell of it.

Best present i have given myself (for various reasons) a projector, 42 inch tv and a home theatre system :)

12. dbdynsty25

dbdynsty25 Guest

The best present I ever received was my Dell 24" Widescreen LCD monitor.

The best present I ever gave was the engagement ring I worked my ass off to be able to afford. Nothing was more satisfying.

13. Goth Power

Goth Power Guest

Let me think, the nest present I have received has to be my first guitar on my 16th Birthday.

It wasn't a brilliant guitar, but it was my first which is now sitting in my mates room as part of a trade.

I guess the best gifts/most expensive it probably for my fiancee...which was a big bottle of Britney Spears Curious perfume, cost me over £30!

I couldn't believe it :p

14. RC

RC Guest

Good to see how a dad-to-be doesn't consider his unborn child to be his best gift ever.
    Who says this world's falling apart?

15. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Guest

Best gift for anyone here is to get yourselves a Chabal poster.

16. Brodizzle

Brodizzle Guest

My Bday pressie this year was a ticket to Melbourne to watch the Bledisloe cup, my first rugby game in a stadium other then Subi, which is absolutely shithouse. (Hate you AFL) Anyway, I watched the game, partied like crazy, I have only been to New Zealand (heaps of times) so going to a city larger then Perth you can actually see some of the fun stuff around the place...I NEARLY teared up when I got it but, you know...my Chabalistic instincts kicked in and I drop kicked the present givers...

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!