• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

best game you have been to

S

stumpy17

As the ***le says I was wondering what the best game you have ever attended is.

Personally I would have to say Scotland V Wales in 1999. John Leslie's try after 9 seconds
Or Scotland V England in 2000, not a classic game by any stretch of the imagination but what an atmosphere

All club matches I'm afraid;

Saints vs O'Irish 2005;

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTM3195zGmo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iTM3195zGmo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Saints vs Saracens 2005, juust for this moment;
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T126TYBorhA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T126TYBorhA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Saints vs Munster 2009 was a good match and an amazing atmosphere
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pyelL1Vtep8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pyelL1Vtep8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Probably the European semi-final in '07. The result was depressing but the atmosphere was terrific.

Saracens vs Ospreys, HC 2007. Incredible atmosphere, awesome performance and fantastic upset. Also: Richard Hill. I say no more.

Wasps vs Leicester, Guinness Premiership Final 2008. Absolutely awesome performance by Wasps.

Harlequins vs Stade Francais, HC 2008. As intense as Heineken Cup rugby gets, with that wonderful 30 phase drive to the DG by Evans to win it for Harlequins.

Richmond vs London Scottish 2006/7. Local derby between two massive rivals, Richmond played out of their skins and were 25 or so points up at half time. They fall asleep in the 2nd half, Scots come back and miss a last minute penalty to win it (I think final score was something like 25-23 to us). Awesome drama, tension and rivalry.

Wales vs South Africa at Wembley (I think in 1998). Almost an upset from the Welsh.

England vs Australia, Twickenham 2000. The moment England realised how good they could be when they beat world champions Australia with a last minute Balshaw try in the corner.

England vs Australia, Twickenham 2002. Absolute cracker, we came back from being 31-19 down (I remember Paul Honiss having a shocker as referee), a breakaway Elton Flatley try from a ruck right in front of me with a blatant Aussie hand spooning it out... anyway we won and all was good.

New Zealand vs France test match June 2007 ( when they actually beaten France) my first AB ever, went with only good friends.
Awesome nite out.

Canterbury vs Otago, 2000, NPC game: it was my first game I ever went to and was in the old embankment at AMI stadium i think its called now, just great drunk canterbury students on one side, drunk otago students on the other, it was great atomosphere, some quality banter to boot. Good first impression as a young wee 10 year old

Canterbury vs Wellington, 2001, Ranfurly Shield, Christchurch game: Wellington were up big at the end of the first half and Canterbury came back in the second half when Ben Blair ran around Jonah Lomu to tie the game, hold the shield, get a bonus point for 4 tries or more and then kicked the game winner from the corner.

New Zealand vs Australia, 2002?, Bledisloe cup, Christchurch: Marc Robinson tackles Stirling Mortlock early, gets himself a yellow card and a penalty try should have been awarded (it happened right in front of me) but it wasn't. All Blacks win 12-6 I believe in the ******* rain. Not great game but a hell of a slug fest.

Crusaders vs Brumbies, 2001 maybe, Christchurch: Close right until the end and Aaron Mauger wins with a drop goal.

Canada vs NZ Moari, 2003, Toronto: ****** down with rain, but still say some fantastic play from Troy Flavell, Ron Cribb and Christian cullen

Wales vs Ireland, 2005 Grand Slam game: I feel bad that I had a ticket that should have been in the hands of a Welshmen who had never seen a grand slam before but it was awesome. first time in millenium stadium and the crowd was electric. i was of course wearing red, and every Irish person i met couldn't have been nicer. plus the party in the street afterwards was nuts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 28 2009, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Munster vs New Zealand 1978 - I was there and so were my kids.[/b]
Daddy, why do you lie so much?

My Come To Jesus match was against Blackrock - up yours!

I cant think of my best game I've been to, up there are a cople of memorable Bristol games, when we beat Montpellier in Europe, the wins vs Bath and the 2003-2004 playoff final vs Glos (we lost but it ws my first time at Twickers.)

Would probably go for Wales vs Australia in 2006 (I think, that was the game we wore the black 125 yr shirts). Was sat with my brother with a buch of club members my dad scrounged a couple of spares of them. Highlights of the match was when Shane skinned Mitchell and some blokes sang a song about Waltzing Matilda's sexual habits which the 20 or so Aussies in front found hilarious.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Nov 29 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Highlights of the match was when Shane skinned Mitchell and some blokes sang a song about Waltzing Matilda's sexual habits which the 20 or so Aussies in front found hilarious.[/b]
Lyrics please. Uncensored.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Nov 29 2009, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Nov 29 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Highlights of the match was when Shane skinned Mitchell and some blokes sang a song about Waltzing Matilda's sexual habits which the 20 or so Aussies in front found hilarious.[/b]
[/b][/quote]

"Waltzing Matilda is a slag, is a slag, is a slag.
She has herpes"

:lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Nov 29 2009, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Nov 29 2009, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Nov 29 2009, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

She has herpes"

:lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]
The one i've heard is:

We've all shagged matilda,
We've all shagged matilda, and so have our mates,
Oh she moaned and she groaned, and she took it up the billabong,
We've all shagged matilda and so have our mates

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Nov 29 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The one i've heard is:

We've all shagged matilda, and so have our mates,
Oh she moaned and she groaned, and she took it up the billabong,
We've all shagged matilda and so have our mates[/b]
:eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one there Olyy. Saving it for future references..

Anyway, back to the topic....best Fiji games I've ever been to was games that we won (duh :p ).

First one would be the Fiji VS Scotland game in Suva, 1998. That was one of the most exceptional backline display I've ever seen from a Fijian team. Final score was something like 51-28.

Second would be the 60-0 demolition of Samoa in Suva, 1996.

Also the Blues VS Bulls at Eden Park in 2000. Joeli Vidiri scored 4 tries in that game.

New Zealand v France. October 2007. World Cup Quarter Final. Millennium Stadium, Cardiff. Amazing.

Eh lets see. I actually go to **** all games, a bit bad considering I'm about half an hour from the RDS. The Llanelli game last year was a bit of craic. Was at the Wales game in 06' was was great just for the roasting Gav got.

Wales U20s v New Zealand U20s down Rodney Parade
and
Cardiff Blues v leicester in Millenium Stadium - was right behimd teh posts

I was there when Wales managed their greatest-ever victory, 98-0 over Japan, and they should have scored in the last minute as well.

Besides that, the Ospreys-Leicster game wasn't bad. Except the rough Swansea family sat behind me. The kids where shouting abuse at Dan Biggar's mum after the charge down of the Drop-Goal towards the end.

This is an entirely different topic, but as for best seats, the Wales-Canada match last year was great. I was sat slap bang on half way, straight in front of the Scrum V box. I even got Jonathon Davis to wave at me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Dec 3 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I was there when Wales managed their greatest-ever victory, 98-0 over Japan, and they should have scored in the last minute as well.

Besides that, the Ospreys-Leicster game wasn't bad. Except the rough Swansea family sat behind me. The kids where shouting abuse at Dan Biggar's mum after the charge down of the Drop-Goal towards the end.

This is an entirely different topic, but as for best seats, the Wales-Canada match last year was great. I was sat slap bang on half way, straight in front of the Scrum V box. I even got Jonathon Davis to wave at me.[/b]

thats pathetic - the abuse at Bigz's mum

my seats for Blues and Ospreys were really good - right next to S4C :)

Latest posts