• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Games this Year So Far

RWC2011Fan

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Ireland
Might be making this thread a tad early, but what have been the most enjoyable games for you this year?

Mine were:
Ireland 30-22 Wales
New Zealand 23-13 France
British & Irish Lions 23-21 Australia
South Africa 56-23 Samoa

- SA Scotland was good.
- I agree with you the first test in NZ for France was nice, but what a disappointment on this side ultimately...
- Wales Ireland
- Ireland France, so suspenseful
- England Italy

But I'm sorry (no disrespect to my English friends : D ) but the game that generated the most excitement from me has got to be Wales England. Those two tries in a row had me hard......there, I said it.

Ireland vs Wales was good but what came after was disappointing.
Munster vs Harlequins
Munster vs Clermont
Amlin cup final was the best I've been to, even if it was just for the craic.
I'm looking forward to the Leinster vs Nothampton games in December and Ireland vs NZ.

The Lions vs Australia games were all nice overall.

Wales 30-3 England sits amongst my favourite games of all-time. The Lions test series was also terrific. I'm sure there's more I'm just forgetting, but TIPURIC! TIPURIC! TO CUTHBERT! CUTHBERTS' SECOND TRY!

Sorry, had to edit the quote :p

I don't mean to revive old pains, but in retrospect what a year it's been for Wales from 2012 to 2013, huh ?! An absolute roller coaster, and the sweetest possible redemption.
'12 Six Nations Grand Slammers, only to go 8 straight defeats consecutively, and finally only to reclaim the 6N crown again with the greatest possible exclamation point in the end with the huuuuuge home win against England, stealing the ***le from them in the process. And then crowding a majority of that Lions' roster subsequently as a direct result of that success...
Amazing...

And honestly, though France has yet to beat Wales in two years, I'll gladly concede our defeat at home since it wasn't in vain and helped Wales take it (and prevent another English ***le : p) - not because I'm French and I must by default hate England, but because they were utterly unimpressive the whole tournament and played the most boring style they'd played in a while...couldn't possibly have stomached a Grand Slam from such a team...personally. I know a win's a win, but still there are limits.

No one selecting Italy vs. France!!!
Canada vs. Fiji and Canada vs. Tonga were pretty fun games.

Wales 30-3 England sits amongst my favourite games of all-time. The Lions test series was also terrific. I'm sure there's more I'm just forgetting, but TIPURIC! TIPURIC! TO CUTHBERT! CUTHBERTS' SECOND TRY!
I did not enjoy Wales 30-3 England.

I did not enjoy Wales 30-3 England.

It's there for Justin Tipuric! To Mike Phillips! Jonathan Davies... Alex Cuthbert! Against Mike Brown! ALEX CUTHBERT! Cuthbert hands off Brown and WALES have scored!

Ha ha ha. I did.

Latest posts