Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

• Scotland

• Ireland

• Total voters
I voted Wales because they are the best team in the Isles... on the basis that they've just beaten all the rest of them.

On potential/ the team that will be the best over the next 4 years = ENGLAND.

Obviously. Only England can beat Southern Hemisphere teams and play them on an equal footing. That's the test of a good team.

wales is the best team even if it was not the case during the world cup, but nowadays the best european players are in wales!!

but i've to say that france is also a great team^^ !!!!!!!

in 4 years france will be very good !! because of the new young players like floch, david, malzieu, parra or trinh duc !!!

On potential/ the team that will be the best over the next 4 years = ENGLAND.[/b]

I think the first half of this thread shows that you can't predict such things in international rugby. Nothing over this six nations have suggested England are going to play any better than they've been since 2003.

<div class='quotemain'>On potential/ the team that will be the best over the next 4 years = ENGLAND.[/b]

I think the first half of this thread shows that you can't predict such things in international rugby. Nothing over this six nations have suggested England are going to play any better than they've been since 2003.
[/b][/quote]

Except for the first halves against Wales and Italy, the whole match against Ireland, and the fact that around half of the squad are in early 20s.

true but england has a lot of young talented players coming through (cipianni, Geraghty, Tait hipkiss, barkley, haskell, croft, strettle, brown, lipman, narroway etc) and even though a few won't step up, we saw on sat how much differece they can make (ok it was against a very weak underperforming irish side at twikers) but still it was a departure from the traditional boring english game. what we need is to shed the 03 chaff and a coach with a free hand and the balls to experiment with youth.

also i can't wait to see what gatland, edwards etc can do with wales long term (i think he said it'll take 2 years to turn them into a properly good team and only mayrtin williams is doubtful to be there in 2 years) and they already beat us all so i voted for wales (even though it pained me to do so)
sady i think ireland lack depth in some key areas (eg no 10 what with sexton not getting any game time) and the influx of forginers (see munster backs) isn't helping.

don't know much about scotland but their clubs and national team are hardly setting the world alight.

agree with gingergenius you know your onto a winner if you can beat the all blacks (not in bottling in the world cup :bleh!: )etc

Wales are obviously the best at the moment, but over the next three to four years things look hugely exciting! Wales, England and France have the potential and players to become real forces.

France is producing a large number of very talented players. From the newcomers that played this 6 nations it appears their downfall may be the power up front, I'm sure the frnch members here can comment on that and say if I'm right or wrong.

England are producing some good youngsters as Cipriani and Lamb in the 10 spot proves, but will they make use of them? In the last few years England have been poor with the managment of such players, Tait anyone? Will they finally start introducing them at the right times and intervals in the next few years? If they do, England look very promising.

Wales have the best foundations laid of all teams, they have a very good balance of youth and experiance at the moment and there's a slew of youngsters ready to enter the frame. Jamie Roberts and Morgan Stoddard at full back look set to dominate the position for years to come, not foretting Lee Burne, but he's not the youngest. Tom James another excellent athlete on the brink of the international scene. There is one majour position of weakness though, who will replace Martyn Williams?

Ireland are in an odd place. A number of their stars aren't performing and I'm worried they are on their way out, can BOD rediscover the form which made him the best 13 for all those years? They do have a select number of gifted players on the fringe of the international game as Kearney demonstrated in this years 6 nations. But are there enough to replace the old guard who are on the final straight?

Scotland could be in trouble over the next few years, their domestic game is struggling slightly, especially as there is only 2 proffessional teams remaining. Their forewards are in good stead but in the backs, they have a severe lack of flair, and there doesn't appear to be many youngsters coming through who could change that. I'd love to hear the Scottish views on this.

Italy are getting better, but they have a very similar problem to Scotland. Everyone knows what their pack can do, but they can't turn that domminance into points when the oppertunities arise. Marcato has the talent to become a fine player, probably at 10 where Italy struggle the most, but apart from him, I'm struggling to see where else the tries and points are going to come from.

There we go, my views on where each team might evolve, just hoping Wales will continue the way they have during the 6 nations.

I too can't wait to see what Gatland does with Wales, but remember: We are Wales. We will always shoot ourselves in the foot!

I too can't wait to see what Gatland does with Wales, but remember: We are Wales. We will always shoot ourselves in the foot! [/b]

I have a feeling it'll be different this time. Hopefully the WRU have learn't their lessons and there isn't any unrest in the camp. No shooting feet......ok Wales?

I too can't wait to see what Gatland does with Wales, but remember: We are Wales. We will always shoot ourselves in the foot! [/b]

OK we messed up after 05, mostly due to injuries and suspensions in a a squad lacking depth, and a string of coaches that were too chummy and soft with the players. But I can't think of many other examples of shoot-footery. If you look at it from a historical perspective Wales have over achieved as often as they've under achieved and despite being small with scant resources we do tend to produce talented players faily regularly - long may it continue.

Latest posts