• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Movies of 06

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Apr 16 2006, 05:27 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
@Apr 16 2006, 05:44 AM
ohh Kong dies at the end, aparently
Thanks i was just about to watch it tonight :cheers:

I recommend "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", good movie [/b]
He died in the original movie. I was told he died eventhough I never seen the original & before I saw this one

It was remake of all the originals i believe....

Did you see how much Weight Peter Jackson lost because of it, No longer the scruffy fat geezer who did Lord of The Ring, now Slimmed down and looks smarter, all because he was stressed about Kong..

So the morale of that is that if you wanna lose weight make a film about a Giant Ape, and get **** loads of money for it, but make it long, then include 30 mins of action scenes, the rest is crap dialogue.... and when its launched say it was your childhood fantasy to make the film so people have sympathy for you ruining a classic film series...

IMO he tried to do too much in one film... and should of had more action scenes in it

Originally posted by getofmeland@Apr 17 2006, 11:11 AM
IMO he tried to do too much in one film... and should of had more action scenes in it
I got bored of the action sequences to be honest. I actually thought it was a better film when he slowed it down a bit. There's only so many times you can be bothered to watch people almost being eaten by dinosaurs.

yeah i agree with you webby, a bit more dialogue would have added to the sensitivity of the film.

there was like an hour of talking before your saw any action..

anyways naomi watts is da BOMB!..she prettyful

out of a 3 hr film there was probably 2 hrs 20 mins of dialogue.... it took them at least an 1hr 30 mins before you actually got to the island...

i reckon..i liked it tho,i aint the movie buf but it made for good viewing..i havent seen anything thusfar that has blown me away

The Films I am really looking forward to this year are as follows in no particular order:
MI:3 - looks good, but probably be a disappointment hope not tho
The Da Vinci Code - Read the book, fantastic read, should be a good convert to film
X-Men: Last Stand - Loved the last 2 films, should be a good finish to series.
Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - First one was just class...
Superman Returns - Nuff Said really
Miami Vice - Should be a good redo of the old tv series, dont think it will be ruined like others have been
Lady in the Water - M.Night Shyamalan latest so expect the twists
Nacho Libre - Mexican Wrestling with Jack Black

Originally posted by getofmeland@Apr 17 2006, 12:29 PM
X-Men: Last Stand - Loved the last 2 films, should be a good finish to series.
I'm not really sure with X-Men. Didn't think the first 2 films quite worked myself. Although they were much better than some of the Marvel efforts. Hugh Jackman was probably the best thing about them, manages to act Wolverine very well.

Suprisingly few superhero films really work, I only really rate the Spiderman and original Superman movies as stand-out efforts.

I liked Inside Man, I thought the bit at the start with Clive Owen speaking was clever. I won't say what I liked, cause that would give away the ending.

I am really looking forward to Pirates of the Carribean 2, I ain't usually a fan of disney produced films but this was very good.

Also I know it was more of a 2005 film, but I saw Kingdom of Heaven in 2006 and that was very good, mixed dialogue and action well. What do you lot think of it?

BM

im not a fan of many sequels...pirates of da carribean part 1 was too good to make another one..but hopefully they prove me wrong the wonderful star wars trilogy....yawnnnn

Originally posted by gjohn85+Apr 17 2006, 06:57 AM-->
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 16 2006, 05:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
@Apr 16 2006, 05:44 AM
ohh Kong dies at the end, aparently

Thanks i was just about to watch it tonight :cheers:

I recommend "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", good movie
He died in the original movie. I was told he died eventhough I never seen the original & before I saw this one [/b]
I was being sarcastic

I cant believe you were surprised with how far fetched it was.......you'd think the fact it was made by Peter Jackson and starring a 50ft ape might have given that much away.

Anyway i agree with you that it was shite, thats 3 hours of my life i will never get back.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 17 2006, 04:29 PM
SNAKES ON A PLANE
Yes, I read a bit about this but not too sure, its got Samuel L Jackson in and looks like it could be good....

its going to be awesome, it cant loose, its got jackson blowing up ****** of snakes.

Bah, Snakes in the Plane is nothing compared to...

FISH.jpg

or

coaster.jpg

i herd that they have made a remake of the 30yr old classic horror - the omen 666. now ive seen the first original (its a trillogly) about 4 yrs ago, and it was the only movie i have been scared in. the original was truely brilliant. i hope they dont kill it like most remakes/covers these days. (besides oceans 11)

Latest posts