Best Player of Autumn Internationals

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by RC, Dec 8, 2008.

?

The Vote.

1. Lee Byrne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Richie McCaw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mils Muliaina

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ma'a Nonu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Andy Powell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RC

RC Guest

Ok, so the nominees have been taken into account and it seems that TRF has leaned more towards 2 countries:
    Wales and New Zealand.

The nominees are: -

Lee Byrne
    [​IMG]

Richie McCaw
    [​IMG]

Mils Muliaina
    [​IMG]

Ma'a Nonu
    [​IMG]

Andy Powell
    [​IMG]

Closing date and time: 1800 GMT, Monday 15th December.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Chunk

Chunk Guest

Mils Muliaina for me.

4. Camberabero

Camberabero Guest

Ma'a Nonu in my opinion was the best player of the Autumn Internationals.

5. bates

bates Guest

It was a hard choice to make, I was doubting between Mills and Ma'a but Mills it will be.

6. Prestwick

Prestwick Guest

Andy Powell...

...wait, are we still nominating, I haven't nominated Andy Powell yet...

7. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

obviously Richie McCaw was the best player. There's no doubt about it.

Byrne and Nonu were the best on top form but nothing reaches the dizzy heights of an average day at the office for the King Tackles McCaw.

8. Fa'atau82

Fa'atau82 Guest

I voted for Nonu. Greatly improved, and came of age.

9. RC

RC Guest

I can recall byrne making 1 mistake throughout the series.
    The guy was impeccable and in my opinion overtook mils as best full back.
    He didn't concede penalties, he kicked well, his up 'n' unders were good, always relieving pressure with his boot, superb under the high ball in attack and defence, created great running lines and angles, scored tries, tackled brilliantly...all round dangerous player.

10. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 9 2008, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    it's the angle and timing he hits the line at which is most awesome. that can't be taught. it's an x factor which is lovely to watch.

11. Hall

Hall Guest

I voted for Richie.

Best player in the world IMO.

12. bates

bates Guest

When will the winner be announced?
    :D

For the moment it's a clash between Mills and Byrne.

13. RC

RC Guest

Voting will be closed and numbers will be counted this monday 6pm.

It's still neck and neck at teh moment!

14. nam97

nam97 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 10 2008, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Not trying to stir ****, but I'm pretty sure the exact same can be said for Mils.... if not, he deserves even more praise. Byrne is easily coupled with Mils way up above the rest as the best 15 in Rugby.

Mils flew over to the UK late after caring for his new born child, f***ing amazing how he just turned up and blew us away like that.

15. PsychoStu

PsychoStu Guest

Have to agree completely with wairarapa cullen. Mils is the best fullback in the world and was simply awesome throughout the entire series. Made no mistakes of any note, very solid in defense and magic seemed to happen when he got his hands on the ball.

16. KZNSharksFan

KZNSharksFan Guest

Definately mils. Though if any had even approached the dizzying greatness that is Carter, they would get my vote. Should we not vote for Carter, regardless of whether he was good by his standards or not? We've come to expect him to crap thunder every time he takes the field, and when he only half rips an opposition apart, he's hardly acknowledged.

17. cyRil

cyRil Guest

I don't really care who everyone believes is better, they are both awesome players. It's just amazing to think that 4 years ago Lee Byrne wasn't even a professional rugby player.

18. shazbooger

shazbooger Guest

I said Byrne, but mainly because of the impact he had. He was an effective 15 in a lot of the games played.

However, Mils does it day-in day-out. He is, in my opinion, far and away the best 15 in World Rugby and considering he won every game he played, and Byrne lost every game he played, it shouldnt really be close if your analysing the rugby played.

19. cyRil

cyRil Guest

...But he didn't lose every game he played. :huh:

20. RC

RC Guest

Yeah, i'm sure 2 points could be raised from this: -

1) As Cyril said, Byrne didn't lose all his matches
    2) How are both full backs being judged on whether their team wins or loses? Were there not 14 other men on their team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 12 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    But yes, if you're actually analysing the RUGBY, not the OUTCOMES, then it is close. And understandably so: -

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wairarapa_cullen @ Dec 12 2008, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    ...I'm pretty sure the exact same can be said for Mils...
    [/b][/quote]

21. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

playing devil's advocate here but I might think of squeezing Hernandez in at 15 for my world XV given that Carter and Giteau own 10 and 12. I agree with Stuart Barnes, think fullback's his best position.

Shame Chris Latham's not with Australia too, he was incredible.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!