• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Players who aren't Currently Playing for a Tier 1 International Side?

chippieolamus

Bench Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Saracens
Hi,

I was wondering who you guys thought? Could be players playing outside their country so are not allowed in the squad (e.g. Stefan Armitage, Matt Giteau) or players playing for Tier 2 sides (e.g. Samu Manoa, Mamu Gorgodze)

So far I have:
James O'Connor
Matt Giteau
Digby Ioane
Steffon Armitage
Drew Mitchell
Samu Manoa
Gorgodze
Quite a few Samoans/Fijians as well

Thanks

off the top of my head in the Premiership there are probably a few from wasps -

Hughes
Johnson
and by all accounts Leiua was tearing it up in the S15 last season also..

Fotuali'i
Goneva (on last seasons form)

there are probably a few good ex-sanzar players in the top 14 still, Ranger perhaps?

Last edited:
This list would be invalid without a mention of Jeff Hassler. I would still put Cudmore on this list as well especially since he's managed to get the discipline part of his game in a better place as he ages.

Jeff Hassler has looked really good whenever I have seen him at the Ospreys. edit: darn, beaten to it.

Chris Wyles at Sarries.

Not gonna mention all the Fijians, Tongans and Samoans, because the list would be maaaaaassive.

Oh, Cobilas and Ostrikov at Sale.

Jacques Burger

Last edited:
I shall now make this three consecutive posts of Jeff Hassler love, hence making this the Most Worthy thread of TRF's year.

The three Davits playing in the Top 14 team's front row are bloody useful players, too. In fact, pretty much all Georgian forwards.

There should be an award in the TRFies for the best non-Tier One player and it should be called the Ed Fairhurst award.

g3jAi71.jpg

Nadolo that is all I have to say also maybe not now but Vosloo was really good a couple of years ago.

Latest posts