• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best Ref in International Rugby.

Yeah, but Paddy has now taken the Laurie Mains path down to insanity once he stopped being involved in the action and took a desk job.

Andre Watson, Jonathan kaplan and Andre Joubert are all pretty good. Honiss is a prick as is every ref to have ever come out of Australia :toss:

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
...looks like he's having a mild heart attack. :p [/b]

Yeah Habana does look pretty knackered running away from Spreadders!

I don't think I've ever heard Spreadders been boo'ed to be honest. A really good and down to earth ref.
[/b][/quote]
You should go the Kingsholm because we hate Spreadbury with a vengance. His bias against us is undoubtable. He constantly pings us for nothing and does it with a vile grin on his face. It alll goes back to a game against Newcastle when he disallowed a perfectly good try which was confirmed on the big screen that it was good. On seeing the replay he turned to the shed and laughed out loud. *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best ref has to be Wayne Barnes for his consistency,dont think anyone gets near him(sorry Kiwi`s). [/b][/quote]]

Your failing harder than the time you tried to argue that we lost the world cup because of Ali Williams.
[/b][/quote]
I won that one and I`ll win this one. Enjoy the next 10 years of international rugby cos our Wayne will be reffing most of the big games. [/b][/quote]

:lol2tn:

Good to see your starting to campagin to defend your ***le early.
[/b][/quote]
It was only due to the fact that my knowledge base is so far advanced when it comes to rugby union than any other member that some members think Im bullshitting. Do you see where Im coming from?

im with esoj and ripper - its gotta be paddy obrian. great reff with a great personallity. it showed in his games. always had a chuckle at the players, appologised when he was wrong and im sure he would fill a hours worth of rugby highlights on his own.

I'm not sure about paddy o'brian, steve welsch is also a very good ref! But if you look at the standerds of the refs in the super 14, it's shocking! There is no consistency between refs, for one it's a yellow card offece and for the other it's not even a penalty!

I'm not sure about paddy o'brian, steve welsch is also a very good ref! But if you look at the standerds of the refs in the super 14, it's shocking! There is no consistency between refs, for one it's a yellow card offece and for the other it's not even a penalty!
[/b]
Dont worry mate, its not just super 14 where that happens.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
...looks like he's having a mild heart attack. :p [/b]

Yeah Habana does look pretty knackered running away from Spreadders!

I don't think I've ever heard Spreadders been boo'ed to be honest. A really good and down to earth ref.
[/b][/quote]
You should go the Kingsholm because we hate Spreadbury with a vengance. His bias against us is undoubtable. He constantly pings us for nothing and does it with a vile grin on his face. It alll goes back to a game against Newcastle when he disallowed a perfectly good try which was confirmed on the big screen that it was good. On seeing the replay he turned to the shed and laughed out loud. *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best ref has to be Wayne Barnes for his consistency,dont think anyone gets near him(sorry Kiwi`s). [/b][/quote]

Your failing harder than the time you tried to argue that we lost the world cup because of Ali Williams.
[/b][/quote]
I won that one and I`ll win this one. Enjoy the next 10 years of international rugby cos our Wayne will be reffing most of the big games. [/b][/quote]

:lol2tn:

Good to see your starting to campagin to defend your ***le early.
[/b][/quote]
It was only due to the fact that my knowledge base is so far advanced when it comes to rugby union than any other member that some members think Im bullshitting. Do you see where Im coming from?
[/b][/quote]
He even has the award for TRF's Biggest Bullshitter to prove this theory. :eek: :p

Nigel Owens is good, Steve Walsh too. There's a fair few South Africans who're pretty good as well. There's a Young Welsh ref called James Jones who some say is good, others crap, but usually it just depends on who wins or loses.
Worst goes to Peter Fitzgibbon... the guy is crap, and blows up for everything, hardly plays advantage, and is the wierdest sounding bloke when he speaks French... One of the worst decisions he's done was when he reffed Wales u20's v France u20's. French Prop gets tackled, and was isolated, Dan Biggar the welsh Fly Half was on his feet competing for the ball, French player is on the ground holding on, with no support, by the time French support did arrive and smashed Biggar out (which was more than long enough to win a penalty) Fitzibbon blew up and gave a penalty to France for 'hands in the ruck'. Then to make things even worse for himself, he sent Wales back 10 meteres because apparently Dan Biggar was 'mouthing off' when all he was doing was looking at his team mates while walking back with his arms out in the 'why? I don;t get it...' motion. The guy is crap, and shouldn't be reffing at the top level.
Then again, there are worse at my level and I've played in games with some who shouldn;t ever be let near a rugby game...like one who sent off my mate for 'hands on the floor' when all he did was pick the ball up after an opposition player knocked it on out of the tackle.

Worst goes to Peter Fitzgibbon... the guy is crap, and blows up for everything, hardly plays advantage, and is the wierdest sounding bloke when he speaks French... One of the worst decisions he's done was when he reffed Wales u20's v France u20's. French Prop gets tackled, and was isolated, Dan Biggar the welsh Fly Half was on his feet competing for the ball, French player is on the ground holding on, with no support, by the time French support did arrive and smashed Biggar out (which was more than long enough to win a penalty) Fitzibbon blew up and gave a penalty to France for 'hands in the ruck'. Then to make things even worse for himself, he sent Wales back 10 meteres because apparently Dan Biggar was 'mouthing off' when all he was doing was looking at his team mates while walking back with his arms out in the 'why? I don;t get it...' motion. The guy is crap, and shouldn't be reffing at the top level.
Then again, there are worse at my level and I've played in games with some who shouldn;t ever be let near a rugby game...like one who sent off my mate for 'hands on the floor' when all he did was pick the ball up after an opposition player knocked it on out of the tackle.
[/b]

I remember watching the highlights for that game, I was so annoyed :rahh: . A lot of the French refs i've seen though are like that.

Latest posts