• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

best smackdown game? vote

S

steynboi

Since 09 is on the horizon i want to find out which was there favourite game?.

Mine as HCTP because it featured good storymode, pleanty of wrestlers and a great set of attires to wear.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The original WWF SmackDown! was one of the most popular games for the Playstation console in 2000, selling over 975,000 units for the PlayStation, and selling over one million copies in the United States. The game lost appeal due to the failing of a well-established season mode that was deemed "disappointing." The season mode was criticized for the lack of in-depth storylines and the way superstars spoke in season mode, through "putrid lines" and "blocked text." WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role received a better reception than the first WWE SmackDown game, as IGN stated that season mode "actually works properly", though the audio of the game was lacking as there was no commentary, and only generic music was included in the game. WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It, according to IGN, did little to improve the season mode of the game, while GameSpot stated that the addition of audio commentary detracted from the playing experience.

WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth and WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain received more positive reviews from both IGN and GameSpot, both of whom cited the expanded season mode as an improvement, although flaws were still visible in the mode. It improved from the previous three WWF SmackDown! games, as it was written by actual WWE storyline writers. Both games also featured generic music, though the quality of it had improved. Shut Your Mouth featured little improvement to the commentary, which was then removed completely from Here Comes the Pain. WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW received a more positive review than previous games, as GameShark stated that it was "a wonderful new edition to the SmackDown! family, serving up slick graphics, vastly enhanced gameplay, and lots of other bells and whistles that make the whole package shine." WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW 2006 received a positive review and a 9.2/10 rating by IGN due to the additions of matches, the General Manger mode, and the ability to defending championships in exhibition mode. WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007 and WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 received more negative reviews due to lack of an appealing season mode and little improvement of features, with the exceptions of the "Ultimate Control moves," "Struggle system," and the ECW Extreme Rules matches[/b]

s16479z38am.jpg
smackdown.jpg
909e82383afad5ff8a5c91d09005f920.jpg
wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2007-20061101073411891.jpg

HCTP by FAR!

Best roster, presentation, controls, modes etc etc..

I don't know why they killed off HCTP controls so quickly, as soon as Smackdown Vs Raw started it got really dodgy and didnt feel good.

Oh, and the countless hours of fun jumping of New York Times Square and bouncing like a sardine once you hit the ground, excellent!

Honestly, id buy that game right now - again, it is just THAT good!

i brought the game yesterday.

I did add a poll but i do not know why it aint showing.

Says a lot when you buy a game from what, 5 years ago? and it is still better than recent Smackdowns and in all probability the soon to be released Smackdown 09.

Even the Overall ratings back then were good, now everyone is a bloody 86 Overall in Smackdown 09, so stupid.

Smackdown vs raw 06. Stamina system made for tense battles. 80s hulk, hollywood hogan, and hulk hogan all available, aswell as hulk hogan voice acted in story mode. I was a hulkmaniac when I was a kid. Also, the rock, steve austin,bret hart, ted dibiase, andre the giant and mankind as unlockable legends. It was like legends of wrestling rolled into the same game. not to mention the legends are all avalable in GM mode, allowing great 80s matchups and old versus new. Also mankind and stonecold voiced in story mode. I havent touched anther wrestling game since, and I still play it regularly.

i like all the updated **** in smackdown vs raw 2009 but i also liked how you could walk around in shut your mouth.

Latest posts