• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best teams in 7's Rugby?

Oriental Rongatoi. I saw them last November and the way they played was simlpy awesome. Their number 6 who has an afro, Intl 7s need tha kind of step (a la Benji Marshall)!

I rate Fiji as the best for some reason I just always look at Nz being kaka don't know why.

Currently, in terms of ranking in the league:

1. Crusaders
2. Blues
3. Sharks
4. Waratahs

Wait...have I got the right post? I think I'm meant to post this in the Rugby League section..but I'm not sure? :huh:

Apologies peeps.
Just went to this thread direct... didn't realise it was IRB 7's specific.

Sorry guys.

Just ignore me.

New Zealand and Fiji both teams have massive attacking ability but i would New Zealand ahead mainly for there better all round game.

If I'm not correct, aren't the current standings

1st - NZ
2nd - Fiji
3rd - SA

Arent Samoa better than South Africa? England are normally good but theyve been cack this season for some reason..

I've been following the Sevens series recently, that so that was based on their point standings mostly. And I believe Kenya are above Somoa currently.

I've only been following the competition roughly though.

But expect SA to get better as they're finally signing players on proper Sevens contracts, so they'll have some continuity now.

i think the aust team in the commonwealth games 06 was awsome
guys like giteau, lote, latham, fava

What about NZ, the champions of the 1998 commonwealth games?

Eric Rush, Christian Cullen, Jonah Lomu, Bruce Reihana, Rico Gear etc

New Zealand hands down. Just look at their record under ***ch. Think it's something like 8 of the last 9 world series? Not to mentoin the Commonwealth Gold medal in 2006.

I rate Fiji as the best for some reason I just always look at Nz being kaka don't know why.
[/b]
I agree-fiji are the all time best 7's players. They are built for it and keep on getting fresh new talent guided by the oldies. Fiji will probably always be on top.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I agree-fiji are the all time best 7's players. They are built for it and keep on getting fresh new talent guided by the oldies. Fiji will probably always be on top.
[/b][/quote]

Thing is though, Fiji has never been on top for all that long. A world cup here and a series ***le there. They have had some special players and their flair and attacking ability is second to none. But you can't beat New Zealand's record of sucess in 7's over the last decade or so.

Mate has to be NZ 7's. Gordan ***ch really can mould a young team into world beaters. Same recipe everytime Fitness till it kills them and a couple of old heads to inspire and bring the team together. If he got a dollar for every S14 player he produced in his system he would be rolling in it. Got that young guy Vito who he has turned into a monster on the field. Always enjoy watching NZ vs Figi or Samoa and occasionally England. So there I reckon NZ team coached by ***ch.

So any teams are good. Fiji are fearless, England are quick and fit + New Seland, well they are New Zeeland. I would say it is always going to be New Zeeland!!

What about NZ, the champions of the 1998 commonwealth games?

Eric Rush, Christian Cullen, Jonah Lomu, Bruce Reihana, Rico Gear etc
[/b]
Awsome team man some of the most explosive players to have played the game.

Latest posts