• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Biarritz v Cardiff Blues

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Biarritz.png
Cardiff.png

Biarritz v Cardiff Blues</div>

So but for a collossal error by the tmo last week Biarritz would have come away empty handed from their trip to Cardiff. Given that reprieve then will they have the ability to put the Blues to the sword this weekend, they'll certainly need to produce something they haven't this season if they're to keep alive their European hopes which are hanging on by a fingernail.

The Blues for their part have a great opprtunity to put a lock on this group should they come away with the win. Let's just hope for their sake they're not too traumatised by their last visit to this venue.

The blues arent used to these dizzying heights. The whiff of silverware is already in the air for them and they're still in the group stages!
I hope they don't f*** it up for themselves, they're a dangerous squad this year: 1 out of only 2 who are dangerous in Wales at the moment.
But it's Biarritz. It's away.
It's probably too much to ask.

Cardiff should have beaten Paris last year.
This Biarritz side are light-years away...
That said, they're a dangerous side at home, but I think Cardiff could sneak a victory... And so could Gloucester.

well they've lost their last 2 home matches so there's never been a better chance for them to go and get a win there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 11 2008, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Beware the wounded Beast!

I could write the same thing for Paris, i guess...[/b]

except for the most part this season Paris' form hasn't been crap whereas Biarritz find themselves languishing in 10th place.

Don't tell me league form should have a subsequent bearing when Munster would chill mid-table in a relatively easier ML table (one 2 seperate seasons) and come out champions of Europe.
Blues can to the business over Biarritz. Some disappointing performances and close losses have left them 10th in the top 14, but it's Europe. It's a different kettle of fish.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Dec 11 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Fingers crossed for a home win but only for selfish reasons[/b]

feel this is a must win game for Cardiff, since if they lose without a bonus point Gloucester could take the lead in the group if they win with a big enough margin against Calvisano. But if we win, I've got a feeling they'll have secured the pool, even if they lose at Kingsholm, they've pretty much got a guaranteed 5 points in the home game vs Calvisano, which should see us home and dry.
btw, is this game being broadcasted live on sky?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Dec 11 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Dec 11 2008, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fingers crossed for a home win but only for selfish reasons[/b]

feel this is a must win game for Cardiff, since if they lose without a bonus point Gloucester could take the lead in the group if they win with a big enough margin against Calvisano. But if we win, I've got a feeling they'll have secured the pool, even if they lose at Kingsholm, they've pretty much got a guaranteed 5 points in the home game vs Calvisano, which should see us home and dry.
btw, is this game being broadcasted live on sky?
[/b][/quote]

says so in the ***le.

There's never been a better chance for the Blues to win in Biarritz.
Simple as: anything less than a four point victory here is a disappointment.

same applies for Biarritz, anything other than a bp victory and their chances of qualifying are all but gone. Set's it up nicely.

Yeh, but Biarritz are a side with high expectations.
It's not often Cardiff can say they have a realistic chance of winning in France. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 13 2008, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's not often Cardiff can say they have a realistic chance of winning in France. ;)[/b]

it's not often Biarritz are languishing in 10th place in the league and have lost 2 of their 3 opening matches in the HEC.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 13 2008, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 13 2008, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not often Cardiff can say they have a realistic chance of winning in France. ;)[/b]

it's not often Biarritz are languishing in 10th place in the league and have lost 2 of their 3 opening matches in the HEC.
[/b][/quote]
Hence Cardiff's high expectation of victory.

Game has been pretty lame so far. A lot of kicking and a charged down Spice box-kick are all to write home about.

Penalty Cardiff. Blair to take this from about 45 metres out.
Excellent kick. Took a long time setting it up though, to the displeasure of the crowd. 0 - 3
Charge down try for Jamie Robinson!
0 - 8 Go Cardiff!
Easy conversion to come... 0 - 10 Well played Cardiff. :D

Two penalties have put them in a much better position... Biarritz, that is!

6 - 10.

A third penalty now! But it hits the post...
Cardiff lucky there...

Latest posts