• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bic failure

valley commando

First XV
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Pontypridd
As predicted the BIC this season has already become a failure for the WRUIN, their stupid idea to put regional A sides in instead of the best prem clubs has massively backfired, the Blues drew with a weak Nottingham side that had made at least 8 changes from the previous league match with several debutants and only 664 turned up to watch, had Ponty played the full Notts side we would have won and the crowd would have been 2,500 plus.
Leeds supporters have reported no Ospreys fans turned up, tiny crowd watched the Scarlets and although the Dragons beat Connacht, it wasn't convincing after all last time Ponty went out there to play them we put 40 on them.
The WRUIN are a bunch of backstabbers rugby is dying a death in the valleys and it's because of perfect hair and his cronies stupid decisions, there will be less and less talent rising through the ranks and more and more clubs will become extinct which will lead to Wales becomming a 2nd tier nation in the next 5 to 10 years. Meanwhile the ***** who is the pieman continues to bribe players to play at the Wern not caring what damage he causes and all with the blessing of perfect hair and the WRUIN.
The only way to stop the rot is to have 2 proper regions East and West, with surplus players going to 8 clubs in a new new Premiership.

As predicted the BIC this season has already become a failure for the WRUIN, their stupid idea to put regional A sides in instead of the best prem clubs has massively backfired, the Blues drew with a weak Nottingham side that had made at least 8 changes from the previous league match with several debutants and only 664 turned up to watch, had Ponty played the full Notts side we would have won and the crowd would have been 2,500 plus.
Leeds supporters have reported no Ospreys fans turned up, tiny crowd watched the Scarlets and although the Dragons beat Connacht, it wasn't convincing after all last time Ponty went out there to play them we put 40 on them.
The WRUIN are a bunch of backstabbers rugby is dying a death in the valleys and it's because of perfect hair and his cronies stupid decisions, there will be less and less talent rising through the ranks and more and more clubs will become extinct which will lead to Wales becomming a 2nd tier nation in the next 5 to 10 years. Meanwhile the ***** who is the pieman continues to bribe players to play at the Wern not caring what damage he causes and all with the blessing of perfect hair and the WRUIN.
The only way to stop the rot is to have 2 proper regions East and West, with surplus players going to 8 clubs in a new new Premiership.

Are there any ospreys fans anyways? Few attended their win over Exeter at the weekend.

Are there any ospreys fans anyways? Few attended their win over Exeter at the weekend.

That's my point most fans don't want the regions in their current guise because they aren't representative, you saw how pathetic the away support was at Exeter and the Ospreys are the only side with a semblance of being a region. Ebbw fans don't want to watch the Dragons any more than Ponty fans would want to watch the Blues etc etc. A proper East West split would bring the disenfranchised fans back, give us a better chance in Europe and bring a higher standard to the 2nd tier competition, thus helping to develop players and with the clubs actually feeling a part of the system, rather than an irritant or afterthought.

When will the WRU finally realise they were wrong and disband the regions, the premiership and the National side and just have Ponty as the whole lot.
Not even the All Blacks could hold a candle to the might of them.

The BIC premiership select teams isn't about attracting crowds, they don't need to be commercially viable. What they need to be is competitive. The idea of it is to develop players, not to make representative regions.

The four pro teams need as many routes to develop players as possible. It's clear that talent is not coming through quickly enough in the East. The West have been much better at bringing through players.

It certainly has worked for the Irish regions. The Munster 'A' side I watched lose in the final to Cornish Pirates back in 2010 included Peter O'Mahony, Conor Murray, Simon Zebo, Mike Sherry, Tommy O'Donnell and Dave Kilcoyne as youngsters!

It certainly has worked for the Irish regions. The Munster 'A' side I watched lose in the final to Cornish Pirates back in 2010 included Peter O'Mahony, Conor Murray, Simon Zebo, Mike Sherry, Tommy O'Donnell and Dave Kilcoyne as youngsters!

That's exactly the model the WRU and the pro teams have tried emulate. The Irish do a lot right with their academy systems and their domination of the pro 12 and Europe have demonstrated that.

These Premiership Select teams are essentially A teams, but are called otherwise thanks to politics in Wales.

The BIC premiership select teams isn't about attracting crowds, they don't need to be commercially viable. What they need to be is competitive. The idea of it is to develop players, not to make representative regions.

The four pro teams need as many routes to develop players as possible. It's clear that talent is not coming through quickly enough in the East. The West have been much better at bringing through players.

Hat rubbish you speak they are less competitive than the likes of Ponty, X Keys and Ebbw. It's a complete waste of money, but then again it's what I'd expect from a Cardiff fan.

Hat rubbish you speak they are less competitive than the likes of Ponty, X Keys and Ebbw. It's a complete waste of money, but then again it's what I'd expect from a Cardiff fan.

Let's try not make this personal VC. What does being a Cardiff fan suggest to you? That I agree with PT? You'd be wrong.

Furthermore, what I said above isn't rubbish? I've stated the purpose of the Prem Select teams. That's fact. Whether it'll actually improve the quality of players before they get to the pro teams is yet to be seen.

It's a bit early to evaluate the teams competitiveness isn't it. They've only had one game. Plus they are going to have to gel as a team and the coaching structures are going to need a bit of time etc.

Let's try not make this personal VC. What does being a Cardiff fan suggest to you? That I agree with PT? You'd be wrong.

Furthermore, what I said above isn't rubbish? I've stated the purpose of the Prem Select teams. That's fact. Whether it'll actually improve the quality of players before they get to the pro teams is yet to be seen.

It's a bit early to evaluate the teams competitiveness isn't it. They've only had one game. Plus they are going to have to gel as a team and the coaching structures are going to need a bit of time etc.

Good luck with that.

What I mean is that Cardiff RFC and the piemen are in bed with the WRUIN and especially perfect hair and don't give a ****e about the rest of Welsh rugby and especially the valleys, its almost feudal with Cardiff et al akin to the Sheriff of Nottingham and the valleys rugby the surfs expected to bow down and get trampled all over, they have always looked to poach our best players rather than develop their own taking players like Mark Rowley and Paul John from our youth team in the 80's for example (yes they did come back and improved as players at Sardis) They benefited greatly when the Warriors disbanded from the likes of Melon, Jinksy, Nugget, Ceri etc, and continue to ride roughshod over us. Take a look at the Ponty forum on the website to see the volume of feeling against the Blues. This will be echoed on other fans forums and it's because even pre regions when we were better than Cardiff we got treated like dirt by the WRUIN and were just seen as valley upstarts, I'm sure if you move slightly East you will find the same sentiments from fans of stalwart clubs such as Ebbw, Keys and Newbridge. The difference between Ponty and the other clubs is that it's not just the fans who are who speak out, the hierarchy at Ponty are the only ones with big enough balls to speak out officially as a club. The infuriating thing is we at Ponty no we are right and deep down I think most right minded people if shown the facts would agree.
We all no the changes in the BIC this season were done for no other reason than to put Ponty in our place, if you can't see that then you are either blind or stupid.

valley commando, are you denying that the BIC has been effective in developing future internationals for Ireland? Assuming the players I listed above aren't a one off, this seems pretty tough to do.

Are the PP sides who would have played this year full time? How many who have been loaned out in the past and played in the BIC have gone on to represent Wales?

As someone with no vested interest, it appears to me that the WRU don't trust the PP sides to develop young talent.

valley commando, are you denying that the BIC has been effective in developing future internationals for Ireland? Assuming the players I listed above aren't a one off, this seems pretty tough to do.

Are the PP sides who would have played this year full time? How many who have been loaned out in the past and played in the BIC have gone on to represent Wales?

As someone with no vested interest, it appears to me that the WRU don't trust the PP sides to develop young talent.

Thats because the WRUIN have vested interests and are a bunch of ********

Ah not this again...

Basically the Principality Premiership hasn't been up to the standard that we've needed it to be. It did seem like there were a fair few players who would be excellent at that level, but not quite be able to make the step up to the regional game. One team tends to completely dominate it as well, which doesn't help matters.

The A teams we're always gonna take a bit of time to get up and running, but in the long run I'm hoping it will help Welsh rugby in the way it has with Ireland.

Ah not this again...

Basically the Principality Premiership hasn't been up to the standard that we've needed it to be. It did seem like there were a fair few players who would be excellent at that level, but not quite be able to make the step up to the regional game. One team tends to completely dominate it as well, which doesn't help matters.

The A teams we're always gonna take a bit of time to get up and running, but in the long run I'm hoping it will help Welsh rugby in the way it has with Ireland.

It won't happen unless we have 2 regions and re structure the Prem, at present the WRUIN have ripped the guts out of Welsh rugby confining the majority to the dustbin to appease the minority, this will in turn lead to less players coming through the ranks and a much weakened National team, everybody connected to a region are wearing rose tinted specs. Gareth Davies, with him in office we don't stand a chance another Cardiff bias. Finally how are Merthyr allowed to poach players with ridiculous salaries offered they are breaking the bank to buy silverware, at least Ponty, Bridgend, Ebbw etc have done things the right way.

It won't happen unless we have 2 regions and re structure the Prem, at present the WRUIN have ripped the guts out of Welsh rugby confining the majority to the dustbin to appease the minority, this will in turn lead to less players coming through the ranks and a much weakened National team, everybody connected to a region are wearing rose tinted specs. Gareth Davies, with him in office we don't stand a chance another Cardiff bias. Finally how are Merthyr allowed to poach players with ridiculous salaries offered they are breaking the bank to buy silverware, at least Ponty, Bridgend, Ebbw etc have done things the right way.

The pro clubs aren't going away because they are privately owned though VC. Plus all the stadiums, sponsorships, contracts, league commitments, it just isn't going to happen.

Furthermore, the WRU can't afford to set up two teams and run them centrally. If that was the case then that's what they would have done in the first place. The teams are owned privately because there wasn't, and arguably still isn't, the money to sustain Welsh teams centrally. Private money has kept it going.

Money is everything now. The pro clubs don't have the money to match Toulon or even Leicester. There are no rose tinted specs at Cardiff, I can assure you of that. It's very dark times as we don't have the resources to match your Toulon or Harlequins. No Welsh rugby club would be able to either.

With respect as well VC, Ponty fans won't support anyone but Ponty. They didn't buy into to warriors (although a few are adamant they were, gates said otherwise), they aren't blues and they wouldn't be 'glamorgan' or something similar either.

Do you just do nothing but complain ??

The pro clubs aren't going away because they are privately owned though VC. Plus all the stadiums, sponsorships, contracts, league commitments, it just isn't going to happen.

Furthermore, the WRU can't afford to set up two teams and run them centrally. If that was the case then that's what they would have done in the first place. The teams are owned privately because there wasn't, and arguably still isn't, the money to sustain Welsh teams centrally. Private money has kept it going.

Money is everything now. The pro clubs don't have the money to match Toulon or even Leicester. There are no rose tinted specs at Cardiff, I can assure you of that. It's very dark times as we don't have the resources to match your Toulon or Harlequins. No Welsh rugby club would be able to either.

With respect as well VC, Ponty fans won't support anyone but Ponty. They didn't buy into to warriors (although a few are adamant they were, gates said otherwise), they aren't blues and they wouldn't be 'glamorgan' or something similar either.

So our only hope is the regions go bankrupt then then we can start again and do it properly next. Please don't presume what or what not Ponty fans would do, unlike Cardiff and their fans we still have our dignity, morals and self respect, something sadly lacking in Cardiff, end of.

Latest posts