5. Robert Sidoli (Wales)
9. Martyn Wood (Wasps and others)
10. Louis Koen (South Africa)
11. Kenny Logan (Scotland) CAPTAIN
12. Andrew Henderson (Scotland)
13. Sonny Parker (Wales) VICE-CAPTAIN
14. Wendell Sailor (Australia)
15. Clement Poitrenaud (France)

honourable mentions go to Geordan Murphy for missing every important tackle and Iain Balshaw for general muggyness, Andy Farrell for being shite at union.

Nothing wrong with Martyn Wood. Assuming I'm thinking of the right guy, wasn't he threatening to push for international honours for a while when he was at Bath?

And I'd have Andy Farrell miles above Henderson in the 12 jersey.

Farrell is pretty decent, people want him to fail but I think he'd take a lot less stick if he wasn't from rugby league.

Poitrenaud? Say what you will about the guy, but a talented rugby player he is.

i could move farrell into the 6 shirt i suppose

poitrenaud makes a lot of mistakes... fair enough maybe i should have put murphy there...

anyway with regards to farrell, I was one of his biggest defenders. He was a top class league player.

Fact is, he's too old and suffered too much thanks to injury. He has no pace, his passes never seem to do their job and he was swatted off gavin henson like a fly. I saw him last sunday before he went off injured and he was rubbish. I've never seen him play well.

poitrenaud makes a lot of mistakes... fair enough maybe i should have put murphy there...[/b]

Every player makes mistakes now and then. Poitrenaud is french, so naturally he'll make twice as many mistakes as normal players, but he'll also make twice as many beautiful plays. Not a flop. Murhpy is neither. Players like them have shown they can in fact bring the goods. A true flop is someone who is at the top, but no-one can actually remember anything he did good. I remember good plays by murhpy and poitrenaud, they obviously have or had the skills. The fact they didn't bring this to the table every match make them inconsistent, but not bad players per se.

o..k.. soumik16. Anyway, Rebert Sidoli shouldn't be there, he used to be a very good player, especially back in 05. He has fallen way down now though, but he also doesn't play for Wales anymore so.....

How about Will James who went to the world cup with Wales. No-one except Gareth Jenkins knew why he was there! think he played 5, but I can't even remember as he was so sh*t.

Ireland have had some gems in terms of flops, Jackman being included is a bit harsh, but the likes of Niall Malone and Colin Wilkinson back in 93 certainly had me in bewilderment and obviously as a 10 year old you are the fountain of knowledge and should be picking the team but in that case I was certainly bang on. Gabriel Fulcher was never up to much, same with Ciaran Scally, Halpin was never up to the mark despite his moment of glory in the world cup against the All Blacks. Obviously in recent memory Anthony Horgan comes to mind.

Poitrenaud? Say what you will about the guy, but a talented rugby player he is. [/b]

Actually there are two Poitrenaud, an amazing counter attacking player with Toulouse (who makes mistakes sometimes, yes) and his ghost with les Bleus, who makes... nothing at all, except mistakes.

Could be interesting to see him in Lievremont squad.

This thread is stupid. All of these players made it to the top because they were the best available for the coach at that time. Then, they screwed up because it happens.

This thread is stupid. All of these players made it to the top because they were the best available for the coach at that time. Then, they screwed up because it happens.
[/b]

Not necessarily coaches have a history of screwing up with their selections despite better options being available to them.

i don like james hook coz he is just a pretty face [/b]

:lol:

51614.accred.jpg

[/b]

con. this is a thread about **** players who got to the top, regardless of whatever the competition for places was.

Regan King is one of the most gifted players I've seen, can beat a man with his eyes and creates space out of nowhere. But..... and this is where I agree with Ripper, his defense is suspect due to his size. So did he deserve an All Blacks jersey, probably not, but still doesn't make him a flop.

Latest posts