• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Biggest Flops XV

what about dallaglio at number 8 [/b]

You are kidding surely?

Bristish Lion, World Cup Winner, England captain, European Cup winning captain, Premiership winning captain. What more do you want him to have achieved?

Sure he's outspoken and carried on playing a little too long, but you cannot possibly in any circumstances call him a flop. That's simply ridiculous.

Can we have Webby & RC at 12 and 13 please....

....and Prestwick & Getofmyland at 1 & 3 respectively. All collectively pants, the World Cup final kickaround at Hyde Park from afar looked like a day out for the local special needs childrens hospice...

Farrell is pretty decent, people want him to fail but I think he'd take a lot less stick if he wasn't from rugby league. [/b]

It might have helped if Andy Robinson had listened to Alan Gaffney and played him at 6 or 7 where he was MEANT to be played. Even if he had transferred his form over to Union like Jason Robinson had, center bears absolutely no relation to the position he played at in League.

Will James - Wales Lock
Arwel Thomas - Fly Half
Eddie Butler - Back Row
Vernon Cooper - Second Row
Chris Czekaj - Winger
Barry Davies - Full Back / Wing
Adrian Durston - Full Back
Jason Jones-Hughes - Center
Garan Evans - Wing / Full Back
James Griffiths - Second Row
Iestyn Harris - Fly Half / Center
Lee Jarvis - Fly Half
Spencer John - Prop
Adam Jones - Second Row
Ceri Jones - Prop
Lyn Jones - Ospreys Coach / Flanker
Paul Young - Hooker
Nick Walne - Winger
Craig Morgan - Wing / Full Back
Mike Voyle - Second Row

Yes plenty of Welsh wasters there, although I feel sorry for Iestyn Harris as he was rushed into Union and much like Farrell!

Note: I could not be arsed to trawl though all of the 1000+ capped Welsh players, but I found a few!

Mark Mayerhofler
Scott Hamilton
Al Baxter
Stephen Bates
Todd Blackadder (solid player but, come on.... an All Black?)

Phil May former Wales and Llanelli lock,looked more like a bank manager than an international second row.

I'm gonna nominate Robbie Kempson.

Never before have I ever seen such a useless, lazy sack of **** take to the field since *insert Saracens player here*

How he ever became a Bok is beyond me.

ok whoever is saying this abou dallaglio get screwed .

i had to send my email and password on email to this guy and i think hes hacking in

dallaglio is my fav player of all time and i would never say something like that.
there is not a wasps fan alive who doesnt like dallaglio

I reckon Chambers will have a chance at making this in a few years time! When he fails at league and tries Union...

Johnny Wilkinson... What a lemon.

Matt Dunning.

George Gregan in his twilight years.

As much as I agree with Wendell, he did play some alright footy, he was just so inconsistent. I'll never forget his try for the Reds off the kickoff against the Waratahs a few years ago, but that's about the only highlight I can think of

post an XV of players who've made it to the top and no one knows why

1. Matt Dunning (Australia)
2. Bernard Jackman (Ireland)
3. Guy Shepherdson (Australia)
4. Nathan Budgett (Wales)
5. Robert Sidoli (Wales)
9. Martyn Wood (Wasps and others)
10. Louis Koen (South Africa)
11. Kenny Logan (Scotland) CAPTAIN
12. Andrew Henderson (Scotland)
13. Sonny Parker (Wales) VICE-CAPTAIN
14. Wendell Sailor (Australia)
15. Clement Poitrenaud (France)

honourable mentions go to Geordan Murphy for missing every important tackle and Iain Balshaw for general muggyness, Andy Farrell for being shite at union.
[/b]

Guy Shepherdson?!?!

I think you mean AL BAXTER ie. the worst Wallaby in the professional era.

Shepherdson is one of the few decent Aussie props going around. Unfortunately he was made to look bad due to Fat boy Dunning who doesn't know how to not scrum against the ground.

George Gregan in his twilight years.
[/b]

Gregan played great in his twilight years.

He had a few bad moments as all players do. But more than often he was let down by a useless pack.

His defence and the way he managed the players was second to none.

Obviously in recent memory Anthony Horgan comes to mind. [/b]
Perfect example - decent player, should never have been allowed within a mile of an international jersey.

But he got the chop pretty quickly, so it's not as entertaining as *****ing about players who annoy us year in year out.

Definitely agree with Bernard Jackman at hooker, a horribly bad player. Paddy Wallace should be in there somewhere he's pathetic and of course how could we forget Isaac Boss? Reggie Corrigan is another and I'd kick myself if I forgot to mention Victor Costelloe! I'll probably think of more later

Gabriel Fulcher was never up to much, same with Ciaran Scally, Halpin was never up to the mark despite his moment of glory in the world cup against the All Blacks. Obviously in recent memory Anthony Horgan comes to mind. [/b]

Are you Joking? Scally was an amazing prospect of a scrum-half - Huge pass, fast, and a big fella - If his knee injury hadn't ended his career (at 21), he'd still be playing at the top level.
You can't call him a flop for having a career-ending injury..

Austin Healy and Matt Tait. Healy thought he was a utility but he was jack of all master of none.

Latest posts