Kiwi_

First XV
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Highlanders
Australia vs Samoa comes to mind

Also Japan beating Wales 23 - 8.

Does anyone know where to find a list of these results?

I know Canada have had some good results in the past, beating Wales, Ireland, France and Scotland. That was roughly 20+ years ago though.

couple of recent ones come to mind:

Argentina vs. Australia last years RC

Scotland vs. Australia in Newcastle a few years ago in the rain

Brumbies vs. B&I Lions

I would also say Tonga beating France in the world cup in 2011 14 - 19 was a big upset for me.

Anytime in the last 5 years where Wales have played an AI on the Friday night. Always lost or were so bad it literally upset me

The game which upset me the most is when Tonga beat us at Pittodrie in 2012 and any time that the Italians beat us is pretty upsetting for me.

How has no one mentioned the 2007 Pool game of Fiji V Wales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crucial game.

Both teams playign for a 1/4 final spot.

Great game.

dat try

Last edited by a moderator:
Romania has 8 wins against France, 16 against Italy, 2 against Wales and 2 against Scotland. The Oaks should have also won against the All Blacks in 1981, but the ref did everything he could to prevent such an upset. Here's one of the disallowed tries from that match:

Romania beat France....

Random claim to (no)fame. I played in this vets tournament a few years ago and we played a team from Bucharest, which had about 8 of the team that last beat France.... we drew with them but it was very cool playing opposite them.

What are we calling an upset? The lack of strength in depth and variance in rugby means that what passes for a "big upset" in rugby wouldn't have fans of other sports batting an eyelid.

In English club rugby, Bees beating Wasps around the millennium is always held up as a massive upset, but in reality, Bees were close to the top of level 2, so just beat a team in a similar position in the league above them. Hardly a non-league giant killing in the FA Cap or USA beating England in the football World Cup.

Zebre beating Cardiff blues does that count! Especially as they hadn't won a game for 2 years I think.

Going back in time somewhats

Newport, Llanelli, and Munster all beating the All Blacks.

Romania has 8 wins against France, 16 against Italy, 2 against Wales and 2 against Scotland. The Oaks should have also won against the All Blacks in 1981, but the ref did everything he could to prevent such an upset. Here's one of the disallowed tries from that match:

WOW, now this is what I'm talking about, I had NO idea about this... Romania!?!? Incredible.

WOW, now this is what I'm talking about, I had NO idea about this... Romania!?!? Incredible.

Not really that surprising - probably the first ever professional rugby team back in the days of Ceausescu.

England vs Australia World Cup 2007

I remember the Aussies hadn't booked tickets home as is standard procedure because they were so confident.

Latest posts