Bit of a n00b question!

Discussion in 'The Clubhouse Bar' started by Goth Power, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Goth Power

Goth Power Guest

I need some assistance, in the audio field!

I am about to receive a new LCD 22 inch widescreen monitor but the clever sod that I am, along with thousands of other I am connecting my Xbox 360 to it as a cheap way of getting HD (ish) graphics.

Now, with the VGA cable you have to plug the 2 audio jacks into either a stereo or buy an adaptor with connects straight to headphones or speakers. But as I play a lot of rock band I'd like to get a sound system well, a cheap one anyway so that I can enjoy better sound.

What my question is, with the red and yellow cable for audio, will I need a stereo or micro system with 2 output sockets or AUX, I know AUX features the audio option I am talking about but I wish to know if the 2 output sockets which are on the back of a micro system im thinking of purchasing will do the same thing?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. jme

jme Guest

any micro system with an aux input will work its a standard feature on even the cheapest systems outputs work in the wrong direction

4. dullonien

dullonien Guest

The Red and White jacks are the audio, Yellow is the video (though if you will be connecting through vga (blue monitor connector used on pc's) there won't be a yellow connector). And as jme said, every hi-fi will have the Aux (Auxiliary) jacks required on the back.

Just thought I'd point that out.

5. Goth Power

Goth Power Guest

This is the one I bought in the end.

Not a bad price, the cheapest with the AUX in support apparently, oh well.

I tried the VGA cable on my current 15inch monitor last night, work brilliantly even on an crappy screen.

Can't wait to try on my new 22inch!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!