• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bit of a n00b question!

G

Goth Power

I need some assistance, in the audio field!

I am about to receive a new LCD 22 inch widescreen monitor but the clever sod that I am, along with thousands of other I am connecting my Xbox 360 to it as a cheap way of getting HD (ish) graphics.

Now, with the VGA cable you have to plug the 2 audio jacks into either a stereo or buy an adaptor with connects straight to headphones or speakers. But as I play a lot of rock band I'd like to get a sound system well, a cheap one anyway so that I can enjoy better sound.

What my question is, with the red and yellow cable for audio, will I need a stereo or micro system with 2 output sockets or AUX, I know AUX features the audio option I am talking about but I wish to know if the 2 output sockets which are on the back of a micro system im thinking of purchasing will do the same thing?

any micro system with an aux input will work its a standard feature on even the cheapest systems outputs work in the wrong direction

The Red and White jacks are the audio, Yellow is the video (though if you will be connecting through vga (blue monitor connector used on pc's) there won't be a yellow connector). And as jme said, every hi-fi will have the Aux (Auxiliary) jacks required on the back.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Latest posts