• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Biting

I've never understood how you get so angry that have to bite someone . What a bunch of 5 year olds

At least we know Schoemann will be champing at the bit to play for Edinburgh next year.

Is it too late to cancel / terminate a contract?

Terminating contract is bit too far

Biting is gross and disgusting but a 6 week ban for biting when hits to the head are 4 weeks is pretty dumb. I HATE hits to the head. I also understand that he plead quilty which should equate to some leniency.

Biting is gross and disgusting but a 6 week ban for biting when hits to the head are 4 weeks is pretty dumb. I HATE hits to the head. I also understand that he plead quilty which should equate to some leniency.

Did he plead guilty? The articles I've read doesn't say the plead guilty or not guilty and the Bulls camp has been rather quiet about this incident. Nonetheless, I also think that 6 weeks are a bit harsh for this when worse acts, with worse outcomes, gets less suspension time.

Did he plead guilty? The articles I've read doesn't say the plead guilty or not guilty and the Bulls camp has been rather quiet about this incident. Nonetheless, I also think that 6 weeks are a bit harsh for this when worse acts, with worse outcomes, gets less suspension time.

I guess that he could of pled "no contest" or something but I understand that there isn't any video evidence so Schoemann basically cooperated with the investigation. I could be wrong though.

In defense of the length of the ban, I guess that biting is by definition intentional in way that a head high hit might not be. Still, getting bitten isn't going to injury someone, knock an opponent out of a game or shorten a professional career.

I guess that he could of pled "no contest" or something but I understand that there isn't any video evidence so Schoemann basically cooperated with the investigation. I could be wrong though.

In defense of the length of the ban, I guess that biting is by definition intentional in way that a head high hit might not be. Still, getting bitten isn't going to injury someone, knock an opponent out of a game or shorten a professional career.
Rabies?

Biting isn't always intentional though. Some people make different motions with their mouths when exerting energy, some do a bite like action, while others do something with their tongue. It could have been by accident completely.

But it's just strange, that no footage has been made available, to see what happened, and why he took this deal. He basically misses the rest of the Super Rugby campaign, and if he was to be selected for Bok duty, the first test against Wales.

Biting isn't always intentional though. Some people make different motions with their mouths when exerting energy, some do a bite like action, while others do something with their tongue. It could have been by accident completely.

u joking right?

u joking right?

Not at all. My team mates used to make fun of me when we were training, because I had braces, and had a special mouthguard made to fit over the braces. It made me run with my mouth wide open and whenever I made contact with the ball or other players, I would bite down, like to prevent the mouthguard from falling out. It became a habit and when I was playing tighthead prop, my hooker would always tell me to look the other way, as he was afraid I might bite him when we made contact in scrums.

Not at all. My team mates used to make fun of me when we were training, because I had braces, and had a special mouthguard made to fit over the braces. It made me run with my mouth wide open and whenever I made contact with the ball or other players, I would bite down, like to prevent the mouthguard from falling out. It became a habit and when I was playing tighthead prop, my hooker would always tell me to look the other way, as he was afraid I might bite him when we made contact in scrums.
wut...

He was found guilty, did not object.
Glad he is leaving SA rugby, we don't need this

Latest posts