• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blackout Rugby thread revived

Just beat one of the bot teams in my league 44-0. 8 points clear of anyone and am at the top of my league. Just had my fullback get a rating of Monumental!

So long as you're making enough money to stay afloat, thats good enough. Currently, my team is earning around 60K per week without the Cup sharing profits.

50k a week is huuuuuuge
Did the quality of the players your getting improve much?
[/b]

Quite a bit. I have yet to pull a freak but here's hoping. The secret to the academy is make sure your youth players have played at least 10 youth league matches before calling them up or their stamina will be terrible, but as I am investing 50K a week the players i recruit to join the academy are excellent but if I pull them straight away they will have no stamina. I have only being using this tactic for about a month so no freaks yet unfortunately.

Damn.

Lost my game 24-21 after they scored in the 79th minute.

Great game though.

Whats wrong with this player. I don't seem to be able to get a decent performance out of him

Right handed, right footed, in reputable form, and fit energy levels.
A conservative player with rebellious discipline, impressive leadership, and non-existent experience.
Stamina: Moderate Handling: Reputable
Attack: Reputable Defense: Decent
Technique: Satisfactory Strength: Decent
Jumping: Decent Speed: Limited
Agility: Limited Kicking: Moderate

127kg
14k+ CSR

Played him prop, hooker, lock and loose

WTF!!!!! Going crazy

Are you judging performance on the reporter's summary of matches? If you are it's worth taking into account that forwards are always rated worse than backs as the main things that are rewarded in the ratings are line breaks and tries where as turnovers, tackles, line outs/scrums won are basically not rewarded. Considering he in in reputable form I would think he is playing well.

Depends how tall he is. If he is tall enough lock. If not back row. If he is short then hooker.

I'm heading towards a double! :bana:

I'm leading the youth league and the senior league. :D

I'm still in with a chance of getting through to the top league through the play-offs. Investing more money in the academy though as a precaution for next year..

I'm leading both comps as well and if I win this week I'll get auto promotion, but I'm in lowly IV
Bit worried about the final though. I lost last seasons

I'm leading by junior league by about 20 points, and the senior league by bout 15+ points. Hope I win promotion though

I just checked the promotion table for blackout rugby and i'm in the top 6 of promotion i'm going up!.Thats out of 256 clubs. :blink:

Not to mention my semi-final opponent i beat 75-0 last time i played them. :bana:

If y'all head over to the General Rugby Section I'm actually planning a TRF Friendly Cup. Hopefully everyone can join.

Finished 16 points clear at the top of my league but lost the semi final. f***ing July snow!

Right handed, right footed, in reputable form, and fit energy levels.
A conservative player with rebellious discipline, impressive leadership, and non-existent experience.
Stamina: Moderate Handling: Reputable
Attack: Reputable Defense: Decent
Technique: Satisfactory Strength: Decent
Jumping: Decent Speed: Limited
Agility: Limited Kicking: Moderate

127kg
14k+ CSR[/b]

Nice stats, too bad for his discipline.

I'm reviving this revived thread in hope of more discussions on this great game.
How's the new season going? Are you preparing any players for the much awaited internationals?

My team is on fya :cheers:

First game last week, playing, coaching, managing the Fiji Bulas

First game ( 2nd August): 38-0 Won
Second game ( 8th August): 5-56 Won

Looking forward to next week.

I wouldn't put too much price on beating bot teams, but, hey, it's a good start! :)
Good luck in your next game.

Thnx my friend, Currently I'm ranked third.
So Basicily, I'm guessing I'll lose my game against n°1, maybe win against n°2 and the rest can have a possible ending aswell.

As it is the first time I'm actually playing this game, my aim is top 5.

Better aim for the top 4 - that way you reach the playoffs and there anything can happen :)

Latest posts