9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Joe Tomane
12. Christian Leali'ifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper
15. Israel Folau

Reserves:

16. Josh Mann-Rea, 17. Benn Robinson, 18. Ben Alexander, 19. James Horwill, 20. Matt Hodgson, 21. Nic White, 22. Quade Cooper,
23. Rob Horne.
141007070425891085.png

141007070424715312.png

1 Wyatt Crockett
2 Dane Coles
3 Owen Franks
4 Brodie Retallick
5 Sam Whitelock
6 Liam Messam
7 Richie McCaw (c)
8 Kieran Read
9 Aaron Smith
10 Beauden Barrett
11 Julian Savea
12 Malakai Fekitoa
13 Conrad Smith
14 Cory Jane
15 Israel Dagg

Reserves:

16 Keven Mealamu, 17 Ben Franks, 18 Charlie Faumuina, 19 Patrick Tuipulotu, 20 Sam Cane, 21 TJ Perenara, 22 Colin Slade,
23 Charles Piutau

Stadium: Suncorp Stadium
Capacity: 52,500
City: Brisbane
Referee: Craig Joubert

141007070421935538.jpg

Last edited:
First match was a draw, second a huge defeat for Australia.

Is there any chance for Australia to win 3d match or even the cup?

First match was a draw, second a huge defeat for Australia.

Is there any chance for Australia to win 3d match or even the cup?

They can't win the cup back as a win, loss and draw each sees the cup retained by the holder which, I am sure I don't need to tell you is NZ.

I really cannot see us winning this test but unfortunately this really is a must win for the Wallabies.

Hopefully Cooper is back in and can kick start our running game.

AB's by 10.

They can't win the cup back as a win, loss and draw each sees the cup retained by the holder which, I am sure I don't need to tell you is NZ.

No, you don't. I didn't know how this goes. It's a strange arrangement, isn't it? I thought it would be just the best of three matches

I really cannot see us winning this test but unfortunately this really is a must win for the Wallabies.

Yes...it is. NZ are eager to be back on the winning road but Australia must win too. Great challenge then.

Hopefully Cooper is back in and can kick start our running game.

I can't help being a fan of the man...great news. Or not. QC is QC

AB's by 10.

Likely so...but I'm waiting for some resurrection like the one I saw on that Hong Kong match. That match got me back to the broadcasted SH rugby.

Is Genia or some other else back as is QC?

I hope link mixes it up a bit. with nothing at stake other than pride. We should use this as a developmental game and i'm hoping to see Skelton get some more game time, Genia and Cooper back, Godwin at 12, and how far away is Speight?

I hope link mixes it up a bit. with nothing at stake other than pride. We should use this as a developmental game and i'm hoping to see Skelton get some more game time, Genia and Cooper back, Godwin at 12, and how far away is Speight?

Is Godwin an international player? I'm not sure.

Skelton isn't the Wallaby salvation, he's an impact player but he wasn't a true impact player against the Pumas in Mendoza so...

I would choose Scott Fardy at second row or I would give an opportunity to Luke Jones at starting XV

Last edited:
Da Grappla,

It is a little weird but even stranger is the fact that there can even be draws in a tournament. I can't see why overtime hasn't been introduced into Rugby Union - nobody likes a draw and adding another 10 minutes onto the clock until there is a winner seems like a pretty good solution.

QC has been much maligned in certain rugby circles pretty unfairly in my opinion. No flyhalf plays well when his forward pack is getting smashed and he is receiving attacking ball on the back foot and unfortunately for Quade, he has played behind some pretty terrible forward packs (at least in comparison to NZ and SA's which are the two teams that matter to Australia). If he is healthy he should start in my opinion, along with Genia. Something tells me we are going to see a very unimpressive Wallabies lineup next weekend where imagination and flair is needed.

This would be my lineup but it will never happen.
(1) Robinson (2) TPN if fit, otherwise Hansen (3) Kepu (4) Skelton (5) Horwill (6) Higgenbotham (7) Hooper (8) McCalman (9) Genia (10) Cooper (11) Folau (12) Godwin (13) Kurindrani (14) Speight if fit, otherwise AAC (15) Beale

It is not impossible for the Wallabies to win, they haven't played a good match since the French Tests so they are well and truly due for a good game but what worries me is that the All Blacks are going to be out for blood after their loss last weekend. Like I said, AB's but 10+ points when it is all said and done.

EDIT! Kurtley Beale has just been stood down by the ARU over this incident with this ****ing team manager. Good job ARU, now he is certain to leave for the NRL or French Rugby.

Aaah...so much wallaby talent spread all over the world that can't be there, yet a good team. Very likely not enough to stand AB in berseker mode.

With the utter dire state the team is in I'm just hoping we keep the All Blacks under 50 this time...

Augustine Pulu included in the AB's squad for this test. No surprise here, as the AB's selectors have apparently been interested in him for some time. I can't seen him being involved in this test, but he should get some time on the end of year tour against the USA (as barring injury he is bound to be included).

Cruden, Retallick, Tuipolotu, and Crockett are all available for this test after missing the last match versus South Africa.

Wallabies squad:

Ben Alexander
Tetera Faulkner
Sekope Kepu
Benn Robinson
James Slipper
Saia Fainga’a
James Hanson
Josh Mann-Rea
Sam Carter
James Horwill
Rob Simmons
Will Skelton
Scott Fardy
Scott Higginbotham
Matt Hodgson
Michael Hooper (c)
Luke Jones
Jake Schatz
Will Genia
Nick Phipps
Nic White
Quade Cooper
Bernard Foley
Kyle Godwin
Tevita Kuridrani
Christian Leali'ifano
Adam Ashley-Cooper
Tom English
Israel Folau
Rob Horne
Henry Speight
Joe Tomane

Oh man, with all the chaos with the whole Beale / Patterson / McKenzie scenario this game could get ugly really fast.

McKenzie has lost respect of the players from what I am hearing. Things are not looking good.

With the utter dire state the team is in I'm just hoping we keep the All Blacks under 50 this time...

Though sometimes these things bring a team together and they produce the goods, would like to think in this day and age of professionalism that the players could keep a bit of focus and stand up on the field.

This may just provide some fire in the belly.

Article here saying the AB's may keep Barrett at 10

https://nz.sports.yahoo.com/news/ar...8273729-b12b7ec7-59b9-4130-9f22-51a908a47bf1/

Though sometimes these things bring a team together and they produce the goods,
This may just provide some fire in the belly.

Worked for the French at 2011RWC when Lievremont lost the changing room.......!

All the best for AAC for his 100th test cap for Wallabies, only 9 years as well, shows that he has been a solid performer for the past 9 years.

Hooper Needs to go as captain! How can Link not give Genia another chance after the crap that has being dished out at halfback!! Very excited to see cooper back in the team hopefully starting come spring tour.

Attachments

• 10356166_10152746382060731_7616771110877654494_n.jpg
    10356166_10152746382060731_7616771110877654494_n.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Reading between the lines from what Ian Foster has said about Cruden on the news tonight, it sounds like he'll be starting ahead of Barrett this weekend.

Hooper Needs to go as captain! How can Link not give Genia another chance after the crap that has being dished out at halfback!! Very excited to see cooper back in the team hopefully starting come spring tour.

Thanks for the lineup, mate!

Hooper Needs to go as captain!

Was always surprised by his appointment at such a young age.

Some of his calls in TRC reflected his lack of experience and may have cost Aussie some points.

McCaw was 25? when he captained the AB's so Hooper still has plenty of growing to do in terms of his game experience.

Rushing these things too early can breed bad habits as well.

He certainly looks like a leader for the future but maybe wrong time at the moment.

Im really hoping Hansen goes with Charles Piutau. I think the backline would be lethal with Julian Savea, Malakai Fekitoa & Charles Piutau all on the field at the same time.

Latest posts