• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Bledisloe Cup: Match 2 - New Zealand vs. Australia (17/08/2019)

And that, ladies and gentlemen is a 57 point turnaround.

Its what happens when you have a competent referee in the middle who doesn't make bullshit decisions forcing teams to play a man short for an entire half!

(and for all those who are going to give me a dislike for this post, read my signature)

I think scrums should be reset once and if they collapse again without needing a penalty should just continue if the ball can come out. That's my only criticism of the ref is he's always loved resetting scrums constantly. Other than that he had a great game.

It's a figure of speech, the way they were playing in that first 30 I'm surprised the didn't score, calm down

We won, why are some kiwis so precious about anything that doesn't reenforce nz is the best in the world, winning should be enough, conceding some small compliments is good sportsmanship
Here's a clue, last week the All Blacks sucked and got their arsed handed to them, through the week NZ pretty much told them they sucked and Hansen reinforced that by ditching the dead wood and surprise this week they didn't suck.

Australia suck and have done for at least five years and they won't get any better by being patted on the head, treated like primary school sport where "everyone is a winner" and lied to in order to make them feel better.

In every sport Australia has the ability to produce world beaters and rugby is no different they just need to face up to the realities and do it.

It's a figure of speech, the way they were playing in that first 30 I'm surprised the didn't score, calm down

We won, why are some kiwis so precious about anything that doesn't reenforce nz is the best in the world, winning should be enough, conceding some small compliments is good sportsmanship
Here's a clue, last week the All Blacks sucked and got their arsed handed to them, through the week NZ pretty much told them they sucked and Hansen reinforced that by ditching the dead wood and surprise this week they didn't suck.

Australia suck and have done for at least five years and they won't get any better by being patted on the head, treated like primary school sport where "everyone is a winner" and lied to in order to make them feel better.

In every sport Australia has the ability to produce world beaters and rugby is no different they just need to face up to the realities and do it.

Reece Hodge is too slow on the wing, He'd be better suited to the bench as a wing/centre backup. We can't have one quick wing and one who's slower than our number 13.

Reece Hodge is too slow on the wing, He'd be better suited to the bench as a wing/centre backup. We can't have one quick wing and one who's slower than our number 13.

Personally I don't think your problem is in your back line at all, your main problem is in a fairly fragile forward pack.
I think this became obvious while Coles was off doing his Hong Kong Fooey lessons and your forward pack was still being monstered.
On the whole the Australian game plan seems very brittle, if it works (like last week) then life is good but if it doesn't there isn't a plan b it just sit back and put up with 80 minutes of pain.

Personally I don't think your problem is in your back line at all, your main problem is in a fairly fragile forward pack.
I think this became obvious while Coles was off doing his Hong Kong Fooey lessons and your forward pack was still being monstered.
On the whole the Australian game plan seems very brittle, if it works (like last week) then life is good but if it doesn't there isn't a plan b it just sit back and put up with 80 minutes of pain.

Yeah, that was awesome... the NZ pack with only seven players turning the Wallaby pack into quiche

Their forward pack isn't too bad at full strength I don't reckon. Arnold is a bit of a beast, hooper and pocock can be stars, and despite what we saw last night they have a reasonably strong front row, we just have an exceptional scrum coach who worked out what we needed to do this week plus Nepo who looks like he's back to where he was before his big injury lay-off.
pace has been an issue for you guys in recent times. Hayley petty for instance has a lot going for him but simply doesn't have the pace for international rugby

Can you elaborate on the middle paragraph?

Their forward pack isn't too bad at full strength I don't reckon. Arnold is a bit of a beast, hooper and pocock can be stars, and despite what we saw last night they have a reasonably strong front row, we just have an exceptional scrum coach who worked out what we needed to do this week plus Nepo who looks like he's back to where he was before his big injury lay-off.

pace has been an issue for you guys in recent times. Hayley petty for instance has a lot going for him but simply doesn't have the pace for international rugby

Didn't think it required too much elaboration, a team with a less than 50% winning record over the last five years can hardly be considered a success and holding back on that fact clearly isn't helping them and it must be hindering the growth of the game in Australia.

Didn't think it required too much elaboration, a team with a less than 50% winning record over the last five years can hardly be considered a success and holding back on that fact clearly isn't helping them and it must be hindering the growth of the game in Australia.
Right, I didn't realise anyone was holding back on that fact.

Bro, their forward pack is pretty **** tbh

WBs font row was okay, come a long way since the "bunch of teletubbies" days.

As above, it's the back 5 forwards really. Nothing that can't be fixed either from what I've seen.

Give me back Dunning, Cannon and Baxter and I'll give you a RWC win

so much for ABs aura lessening.
Came third in the Rugby Championship and beat the wallabies in the rain in Auckland? I wouldn't exactly call them the strongest team on the planet.

Came third in the Rugby Championship and beat the wallabies in the rain in Auckland? I wouldn't exactly call them the strongest team on the planet.
the "ABs aura" is BS.
its a figment of other teams imagination.

i dont get your comment "...beat the wallabies in the rain ..." what does playing in the rain have to do with ABs being perceived as better or worse?

Latest posts