RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Springbok Sevens training squad:

Cecil Afrika, Tim Agaba, Rayno Benjamin, Kyle Brown, Branco du Preez, Carel du Preez, Damian de Allende, Stephan Dippenaar, Chris Dry, Juan de Jongh, Justin Geduld, Warrick Gelant, Lungelo Gosa, Bryan Habana, Cornal Hendricks, Francois Hougaard, Frankie Horne, Dewald Human, Ryan Kankowski, Werner Kok, Cheslin Kolbe, Jaco Kriel, Oupa Mohoje, Lwazi Mvovo, Sibahle Maxwane, Ruhan Nel, Sandile Ngcobo, Sphamandla Ngcobo, Dylan Sage, Seabelo Senatla, Philip Snyman, Kwagga Smith, Rosko Speckman, Warren Whiteley

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Sevens/Blitzboks-to-call-on-Habana-Hougaard-20151104

Springbok Sevens training squad:

Cecil Afrika, Tim Agaba, Rayno Benjamin, Kyle Brown, Branco du Preez, Carel du Preez, Damian de Allende, Stephan Dippenaar, Chris Dry, Juan de Jongh, Justin Geduld, Warrick Gelant, Lungelo Gosa, Bryan Habana, Cornal Hendricks, Francois Hougaard, Frankie Horne, Dewald Human, Ryan Kankowski, Werner Kok, Cheslin Kolbe, Jaco Kriel, Oupa Mohoje, Lwazi Mvovo, Sibahle Maxwane, Ruhan Nel, Sandile Ngcobo, Sphamandla Ngcobo, Dylan Sage, Seabelo Senatla, Philip Snyman, Kwagga Smith, Rosko Speckman, Warren Whiteley

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Sevens/Blitzboks-to-call-on-Habana-Hougaard-20151104

Interesting the amount of XV's players in the training squad. I don't rate a few of them for 7's at least not above those specializing though De Allende, Kriel and Hougaardcould beast the format.

Gelant, Whiteley, Benjamin and a couple of others have 7's experience and have proven themselves of course but I don't rate De Jongh and Habana's chances anymore; they've lost their step and blistering pace the one and the other. Age does that.

Strong squad though. If everyone stay fit and the selections work then we are a good chance for gold IMO. I'd definately include De Allende, Kriel and hougaard actually. I think their physicality will help out where we've suffered in the past against more physica teams. Just look at how well Kok and especially the grunt and determination of Kwagga Smith have gone for us. More of the same please to complement those elusive runners.

Last edited:
What size squads are we looking at for the tournament?

Forwards (6)
Kyle Brown (c)
Kwagga Smith
Jaco Kriel
Damian de Allende
Francois Hougaard
Philip Snyman
Frankie Horne

Backs (9)
Cheslin Kolbe
Cecil Africa
Werner Kok