ORothlain

Official Plastic Paddy
TRF Legend
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Ulster
article-1127468-032E42CD000005DC-287_468x517.jpg
Dean Richards has been banned from coaching on all levels for 3 years as a result of what many view to be the shame of rugby union. The scandal, commonly referred to in the media as "Bloodgate", has tarnished the image of rugby, and rocked the Harlequins Club to the core. My personal opinion is that what happened is sheer and utter cowardace at it's worst. So, is a 3 year ban long enough for Richards? If you ask me, I'd say, "No." Everyone involved deserves the scrutiny and harrassment from the public, the media and from the IRB. Yes, Harlequins Club have appologized to Leinster, to their fans and to the IRB, but nothing said can outway the cheating that occured. Firstly, someone had blood capsuls with them. Blood Capsuls aren't just something you have lying around, are they? It seems like this is something that could have been a back up plan all along. In fact the next logical question to me is have the staff at Quins pulled this cheap stunt before?

What are the long term and short term ramifications of this scandal? What should the punishment be? How does rugby move on and restore it's repuation? Discuss all this and more here on TRF: http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49901

Back to Blog

Latest posts