• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blues 9 - 30 Scarlets

S

Sir Speedy

Worst performance I've seen from Cardiff in two years.
Second best Scarlets performance all season.

Blues simply didn't turn up and Scarlets wanted it more. Simple as that. Lee Williams looks a good prospect; bit small though. Jon Davies was handy in centre. Hopefully he'll get a start in NA.

Anywho, I'd love to say this is the start of a new Scarlets era, but given how awful Cardiff were, and how awful our last performance was, I can only write if off as a one-off. <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ May 14 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Worst performance I've seen from Cardiff in two years.
Second best Scarlets performance all season.

Blues simply didn't turn up and Scarlets wanted it more. Simple as that. Lee Williams looks a good prospect; bit small though. Jon Davies was handy in centre. Hopefully he'll get a start in NA.

Anywho, I'd love to say this is the start of a new Scarlets era, but given how awful Cardiff were, and how awful our last performance was, I can only write if off as a one-off. <_<[/b]

You should re-name it 'Scarlets whoop uninterested Blues A' <_< Am very disapointed that we named such a weak team for the last ever Welsh derby at the Arms Park, and even more disapointed that none of the players looked like they could be bothered to be there (bar a couple of the forwards and Nicky Robinson when he came on). James Jones really got on my nerves too, he was way too picky and in-consistent. I want to go to the Edinburgh match, as it's the last at the Arms Park, but it's likely to be another hammering if they bring this attitude with them. Fair play to the Scarlets, they really showed like they wanted their Heineken Cup spot, was impressed by Lee Williams, especially considering he's a scrum half not a winger, and I agree with Speedy that Jon Davies looked very handy - should be a good one for the North America tour. Just wish we could see Jason Tovey though.

was on the cards though considering the Lions were being rested and given they've lost 2 players to injury so far it's not something you want to risk and I'm glad that Young took that approach. Does no damage with the HEC spot already secured, I'm sure the Dragons are none too pleased but they had their chances throughout the season and can't blame weak teams being selected on occasion for their failure to get into the HEC.

Cardiff had alot of boys out of position towards the end of the game and they just couldn't get any continuity. The Scarlets took their turnovers and chances well. Well done Scarlets, but I feel a first XV, with the lions, would have been far to much for them. Im worried about the Scarlets and I hope they can turn things around next season.

I have my uni exams Monday. I don't want to miss the last game at the arms park but then if we play like that against Edinburgh they will put more than that on the scoreboard.

Latest posts