• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blues set to sign fly-half Parks

D

DuncTheDoodle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...lsh/8426303.stm

Next season. Good move. I feel he's been playing well, and is certainly a better player than Sam Norton-Knight. However, SNK being signed for three years, plus Sweeny still being at the Blues, it is a bit hard of Flannagan, who's unlikely to get his chance to play, now. Or at least as of next season.

Couldn't we have a more immediate impact? There's a reason the Blues are in 9th, and Glasgow are in 1st!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 22 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good God ARE THEY MAD?![/b]

Doesn't signing a Fullback as a Fly Half already prove that?

This is very very random though :huh: Didn't see this one coming at all...

When I saw the headline "Blues to sign fly-half Parks" I wondered if it was some Aussie called Parks but to find out they have signed Dan "kicks more than a donkey" Parks shocked me.

Cardiff are boring enough as it is, I hope I never have to see them play with Parks at 10.

Given Sam Norton-Knight's struggles, it's an understandable move for Cardiff Blues to make. Parks can be hit or miss but he's generally pretty solid. I would have thought a move for somebody like James Hook would have been more beneficial for Welsh rugby though.

As it is, it's great for Scottish rugby. Parks gets to play with a quality backline, Jackson gets his chance with Glasgow and Godman is showing some form for Edinburgh. That's quite a few options for Andy Robinson.

Ben Blair to France ???? :eek:

Parks will improve as he is stuck on 1 level with Glasgow. Not saying he playing bad just he can step up a gear in Wales

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Dec 22 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ben Blair to France ???? :eek:

Parks will improve as he is stuck on 1 level with Glasgow. Not saying he playing bad just he can step up a gear in Wales[/b]

On what do you base this?

Don't know how anyone can say the guy's gonna improve. He's 31, there's only so much better he's gonna get. i.e Not Much.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 23 2009, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Are they trying to create a 'worst fly-half in the world' collection?!

Latest news: www.bbc.co.uk/sport/blues_sign_O'Gara[/b]
Ha O'Gara may not be best tackler but proved his class over last 2 week :p
Ospreys till only have a potentiallt good fly-half that all B)

Feicarsinn - Re: Ben Blair was only havin laugh saying he might cash in but as for Parks he still has 2/3 good years to do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Dec 23 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Dec 23 2009, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are they trying to create a 'worst fly-half in the world' collection?!

Latest news: www.bbc.co.uk/sport/blues_sign_O'Gara[/b]
Ha O'Gara may not be best tackler but proved his class over last 2 week :p
[/b][/quote]

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uplVGF9OGI4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uplVGF9OGI4&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTKAhgvQXTE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MTKAhgvQXTE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Class... Or is that...

monster_bottle.jpg

O'Gara has hardly been class these last two weeks, better than he has been for a while, but hardly class.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 23 2009, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
O'Gara has hardly been class these last two weeks, better than he has been for a while, but hardly class.[/b]
Never said he was on best form but his last 2 weeks (especially 1st game) showed what he was made of and i'd pick him in my SQUAD any time.

As for ROG's last 15 mins in 2nd test yea he got dazed and then screwed up but still think
- For kick Tommy Bowe was partly at fault (not saying ROG blameless or anything)
- And Bullitt u obviously dont watch much as he's showed bottle plenty of times in his time
ie)
- 2 Heineken Cup finals Especially vs Toulouse in '08
- Vs Wales That DG :bravo:
- Miracle Match vs Gloucester time we needed to win by 27points and score 4 tries :eek: ROG nailed last kick to secure 27point margin

Plenty other times to for Ireland and Munster. So what your saying is totally invalid. Like every good team need good Fly-half and doubt Munster have been challenging every year with bad Fly-Half. No Fluke !!!!
Not saying ROG is perfect yes he has faults but what player doesn't.

Originally posted by munstermuffin+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin)</div>
Not saying ROG is perfect yes he has faults but what player doesn't.[/b]
Dan Carter

Originally posted by munstermuffin@
Never said he was on best form but his last 2 weeks
Yo said he had shown his class which is bascially the same thing.

<!--QuoteBegin-munstermuffin

- For kick Tommy Bowe was partly at fault (not saying ROG blameless or anything)
I don't remember Tommy taking a man out in the air and gifting a kickable penalty to Morne Steyn

Pundits and that (that being munstermuffin) have been saying how well O'Gara has been playing. This intrigues me. To my eye he is simply playing like any average fly-half should, just isn't f***ing up as much as usual.
Does that define when O'Gara plays well then?

Yes. A good ROG game has no glaring errors. It's a sad fact that he was the only option at 10 for Munster and Ireland for so long but at least those days are behind us.

It's seems apparent that for so long he hasn't been loved and revered by the Irish public, it's just he was the only option and if anything happened to him you were totally screwed. (Post-Dai Humph).

Well opinion was divided over him for a long time: There were those who loved him(and sky sports) and those who didn't. It seems though that since the world cup, and even moreso after the Lions tour, his fans have been greatly outnumbered by his detractors.

Latest posts