Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

• Chiefs 13+

• Total voters
C

C A Iversen

A bit of a local derby this one and one that the Chiefs have struggled to win especially up in Auckland.

It's going to take something special and frankly with the likes of Holah and Kelleher going off to the lands up north, they are going to struggle again, unless we can see some stand up performances from Lauaki, Leonard and Kahui.

Not an impossible prospect, just a dubious one.

Went for 12 and under to the Mooloo men.

They both have pretty even backlines, apart from Evens at 10 for the Blues who is probably NZ's best fly half right now. Lavea is out for the season which is a shame for Waikato.

The Chiefs are just as potent as the Blues out wide with Sivi, Masaga, Anesi etc...
Looking forward to see Kahui this season and think this is the time for him to get an AB call up.

Loose forwards are more or less even on paper, both with big ball runners, Lauaki vs Williams.

This is just a guess at the moment, but I have a feeling the Chiefs are gonna have one those quick starts to the season... and then eventually end up at 7th.

For shyts and giggles here's my Chiefs back line (because it looks damn fine);

9. Leonard
10. Donald
11. Sivivatu
12. Bruce
13. Kahui
14. Masaga
15. Muliaina

And so too does the Blues;

9. Lee
10. Evans
11. Rokocoko
12. Toeava
13.Tuitavake
14. Smith
15. Nacewa

Went Chiefs here, not entirely sure why, but should be an even open game with 2 of the best running game teams in the super 14.

Both backlines have great firepower, but this match will be won by the forwards.

I like the job Nucifora has done with the Blues forward pack. They actually play the tight stuff better these days, hence our success last year. Our front row I'd put ahead of the Chiefs, although our locks may be the weakest link to our forward pack. So it's gonna be game on, but since I'm a Blues fan, Blues to win 12 and under.

Pity Nucifora picks some crap as players in the team :(

This is gonna be a cracker I think...I picked the Blues but who knows what the Chiefs will pull out of the hat....although I hope Evans has a crap game, serves him right for leaving the mighty Highlanders!

I disagree with wairapa cullens Chiefs backline. Anesi is still better than Masaga. I wouldn't be suprised at all if at some point in the season, due to injuries and whatnot, Anesi will be at FB, Masaga and Siti on the Wings and Muliaina and Kahui in the Centre. Is Lee available yet? I thought he was still out with his leg? I pick Chiefs by... 4?

I'm voting for the Chiefs because I went to school with Lelia and his older brothers and think he's gonna be a future superstar, that and I don't like Auckland cause they Nick off with everyones players.

Chiefs to thrash da Blues by 100 million points :bleh!:

Went for 12 and under to the Mooloo men.

They both have pretty even backlines, apart from Evens at 10 for the Blues who is probably NZ's best fly half right now. Lavea is out for the season which is a shame for Waikato.

The Chiefs are just as potent as the Blues out wide with Sivi, Masaga, Anesi etc...
Looking forward to see Kahui this season and think this is the time for him to get an AB call up.

Loose forwards are more or less even on paper, both with big ball runners, Lauaki vs Williams.

This is just a guess at the moment, but I have a feeling the Chiefs are gonna have one those quick starts to the season... and then eventually end up at 7th.

For shyts and giggles here's my Chiefs back line (because it looks damn fine);

9. Leonard
10. Donald
11. Sivivatu
12. Bruce
13. Kahui
14. Masaga
15. Muliaina

And so too does the Blues;

9. Lee
10. Evans
11. Rokocoko
12. Toeava
13.Tuitavake
14. Smith
15. Nacewa [/b]

Its more of a shame for us Blues. Without Lavea, your team is going to be performing so much better!!! :ranting:

Roks will have something to prove up against Masaga and the centre pairing might have to watch Kahui as well.

Is it just me or do the Blues seem to always be the ones who play in the opening game of each season.

I disagree with wairapa cullens Chiefs backline. Anesi is still better than Masaga. I wouldn't be suprised at all if at some point in the season, due to injuries and whatnot, Anesi will be at FB, Masaga and Siti on the Wings and Muliaina and Kahui in the Centre. Is Lee available yet? I thought he was still out with his leg? I pick Chiefs by... 4?
[/b]

Totally agree...Cant afford to have anesi on the bench...

15 Anesi
14 Masaga
13 Mils
12 Kahui
11 Sivi
10 Donald
9 Leonard

= BEST TRY SCORIN BACKLINE IN THE COMP

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Totally agree...Cant afford to have anesi on the bench...

15 Anesi
14 Masaga
13 Mils
12 Kahui
11 Sivi
10 Donald
9 Leonard

= BEST TRY SCORIN BACKLINE IN THE COMP
[/b][/quote]

I dunno, I just don't see the point in playing NZ's best FULLBACK at center. Maybe try Anesi at center? Mils is a fullback, we realised he should ALWAYS play there after the RWC loss. We missed him there, I'm sick of players playing outta position in NZ it's a joke.

I'm voting for the Chiefs because I went to school with Lelia and his older brothers and think he's gonna be a future superstar, that and I don't like Auckland cause they Nick off with everyones players.

[/b]

your an idiot. were simply getting our players BACK. when looking at other teams, you could actually pick a team of former aucklanders vs current aucklanders. infact looking at the squads, only danny lee and bryn evans and smilye are the only non aucklanders playing in the blues.

now look at the cheifs: lauaki, lavea (but you can keep him), mills, from auckland alone.

anyway, back to the game,

its only the fowards that are letting us down, we have such quallity atm, but collins and haiu keep getting picked. i cant understand not having flavel and williams in the team at all times!! these guys are monsters. one player to keep an eye out for though is tom mccartney. go the howick boys!!

<div class='quotemain'> I'm voting for the Chiefs because I went to school with Lelia and his older brothers and think he's gonna be a future superstar, that and I don't like Auckland cause they Nick off with everyones players.

[/b]

your an idiot. were simply getting our players BACK. when looking at other teams, you could actually pick a team of former aucklanders vs current aucklanders. infact looking at the squads, only danny lee and bryn evans and smilye are the only non aucklanders playing in the blues.

now look at the cheifs: lauaki, lavea (but you can keep him), mills, from auckland alone.

its only the fowards that are letting us down, we have such quallity atm, but collins and haiu keep getting picked. i cant understand not having flavel and williams in the team at all times!! these guys are monsters. one player to keep an eye out for though is tom mccartney. go the howick boys!!
[/b][/quote]

Thought I'd chip in, Mils is actually from Southland.... but yeah, I see where you are coming from.

shh...

but yeah, im sick of this anti-auckland stuff. canturbury are clearly the new "auckland" when it comes to player taking. but i dont complain because of the fact that we can still (almost) produce another team. and we dont have the whole "undefeated in 5 years, and 15 consecuitive npc ***les" thing going for us anymore. far from the early 90's

shh...

but yeah, im sick of this anti-auckland stuff. canturbury are clearly the new "auckland" when it comes to player taking. but i dont complain because of the fact that we can still (almost) produce another team. and we dont have the whole "undefeated in 5 years, and 15 consecuitive npc ***les" thing going for us anymore. far from the early 90's
[/b]
Everyone hates the largest cities, I mean, as an Aussie I hate the Tahs, I don't know why I just hate them...but that is basically why you would produce a large amount of players AND why you are the brunt of most scorn as an Aucklander, despite other better targets....you are basically New Zealands Sydney :p

shh...

[/b]

Fair enough. We always had a full Canterbury team, especially during the champions run from '98-'00. We now seem to take anyone from anywhere, but I don't give a **** as long as we win.

The old stubborn Cantabrian farmers do the complaining there, f***ing old geezers they are, you just wanna smack the **** out of the older NZ rugby fans. They're so boring and just bloody painful to listen too.

Back on your other point, yep, Williams and Flavell are beasts. Williams is just as good as Lauaki IMO as a ball runner, the guy is a unit and should be given more of a chance, shoulda be an All Black last year IMO.

the game is screaming for running rugby, gonna b a lovely opener for NZ Super 14 rugby. set your stall out lads. i went for chiefs to edge it, by about 6 points i reckon. tough to call.

yeah this game is definatly going to be exciting. look at big breaks by loosies off both teams, and some good wide ball.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> I'm voting for the Chiefs because I went to school with Lelia and his older brothers and think he's gonna be a future superstar, that and I don't like Auckland cause they Nick off with everyones players.

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Thought I'd chip in, Mils is actually from Southland.... but yeah, I see where you are coming from. [/b][/quote]

Thought Mils went to Kelston?

Blues should roll with this - especially if Toeava steps off from where he left the last Super 14. Tuitavakie is finally back in his proper position, and the David Smith breakout tour begin's here. I'll be surprised if he hasn't crashed down the door for All Black selection by week 8 personally.

I also reckon we could have gotten a steal in Chris Smylie, he was unlucky not to be an All Black a couple of year's ago, but was stunted when he had to sit behind Cowan on the bench for the Highlanders. If he can recapture that form again, especially with his running game and that Blues backline.

whos going to start though at halfback? methinks danny lee would be good starting and then smylie coming on in the 2nd half making good breaks around tired fowards...

I would personally prefer Devine over them both. Moa's in the mix as well, that's 3 good Halfback's we got in the stable.

Latest posts