• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blues vs Leicester

R

RC

Ok, so after our pundits talk about rugby leaving the Arms Park, we finally get down to the game.

I'm looking forward to this because both teams have been playing good rugby as of late and although it's not exactly mild here in cardiff today, the rain is thankfully holding off. So let's hope for some good running rugby.

All I've gotten from this so far is, (From the commentators)"See?! Both teams r takin' it srsly! Da EDF iz teh best!" <_<
Still, Cardiff look like a good team so far.

Yeah, they are trying to justify this competition a little too much.
Lol.

Leicester aren't exactly being dominated, but their ill-discipline has costed them 6 points already.
Ben Blair's boot is as accurate as ever.

Leciester just can't seem to convert their moves into points today.
Not very clinical and Hougard just can't seem to find his boot.

Oof! Halfpenny somehow avoided being smashed and grubbered the ball very nicely down the field!
Very mature rugby-thinking by the youngster!

Half time
Blues 6 - 3 Leicester.

The last 20mins of the first half was a litte boring, the game has remained constantly scrappy, and cardiff (not unlike leicester) have scuppered a few of their chances.
Blues are gonna be gutted that they let leicester have 3 points right before half time.

Yay! Try at least.

Jamie Roberts making a good straight hard run at the defence to set up Jamie Robinson for a nice easy run in!
Good try.

I can see Pearson giving Leicester a penalty try from a 5-metre scrum despite a bad feed from Ellis... Hm, where've I heard that before? :rolleyes:

You would imply preferential treatment from an RFU employee to Leicester???

Slander, I say! Slander!

*ahem*

Full time

Blues 23 - 9 Leicester

A good try to finish off the game by Jason Spice, it wasn't quite how I was expecting them to score the try, but desperation on behalf of Leicester made sure the second one would come in.

A good second half after i was bored with the first and Halfpenny once again impressed me with some of his running and his defence (which isn't often looked at) was also solid.
Shame Ben Blair didn't get man of the match also, he tooks his high balls, defended well, ran even better and threatened the try line many a time.

Well deserved win there for the Blues who are building their season nicely. Blues were the ones trying to play attacking rugby, whilst Leicester looked very ponderous in attack (ellis, flood and rabeni looked lively though). The Blues could and should have scored a few more tries there, a couple of slight foreward passes and a couple of knock on's preventing a couple of certain tries. Only place the Blues struggled was scrum time, otherwise they were on top in every other facet of play.

very poor match generally really, first half full of handling mistakes, 2nd a little more lively but still not great! obviously as a tigers fan i cant be pleased with how they were, just didnt seem as interested and it was a backline that hasnt played together so nothing clicked. a few good individual performances (crane and ellis worked well together especially)
can still qualify next week,but the blues are on a winning streak

I thought Flood had a tidy game and kept bailing Hougaard out; but what was he doing a cross-field behind his own line for??!!

Yeah, what the hell was up with Hougard's boot today?
Granted he's not a 9/10 kicker, but he's a much better kicker than he was today.

For me, when Flood did the cross field kick today it was an attempt at creating something for nothing. I think they were thinking even if they clear the ball cardiff are still gonna run it back and potentially score. If he cross field kicks the ball there's a chance cardiff will score, but if rabeni gets to it then they could pull a draw out of nowhere.

Bottom line they weren't interested in a BP loss...

Fair enough I suppose, just seemed rather bizarre to me at the time.
Oh, I'm about to add you on the ol' book of face as well. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 26 2008, 01:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 26 2008, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you drunk, like me?

Coz i am....[/b]
Error of grammar. D:

[/b][/quote]

000310_3057_1062_oslp_op_598x600d.jpg

</span>

It's alright son, you're wazzed!
Unfortunately I am not! Instead watching Action In the North Atlantic with Humphrey Bogart.
WTF?! I hear you cry... Well I'm thinking the same honestly, but maybe this should be on that highly eventful other thread that us 'overlords' are ruling.

Ive gota say that there were 19 posts for this game and not one of you is a Blues fan! The team is awesome, you guys better not be from bridgend area valleys cause if you are you should be supporting cardiff! Looking forward to the bath game tomorrow though even though we are missing some of our best players (leigh halfpenny etc). GO CARDIFF!

33325.jpg

Latest posts