• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blues vs Scarlets

R

RC

Ok, so i thought i'd start this with only a few minutes gone, already scarlets are 2 tries ahead.
Terrible blues defence
</span></span></span>

Terrible finish to the second half, as always for Llanelli. All I can say is we've been lucky; the Blues missed two try-scoring chances due to knock-ons.
Regan King is a genius and if he didn't have his cap for NZ he'd walk into the Welsh side.

Half Time:

Blues 17 - 14 Scarlets

Scarlets discipline has let them down and the Blues have shown in the second quarter of the match that they were the better team.
Really good game so far.
Scarlets will be disappointed that after the first 7 minutes they are down at half time.

Dwayne Peel - A good example of Jekyll and Hyde.
He's scored a good try, set up one now for Mark Jones and has increased the tempo throughout. EDIT: Just threw a superb pass to Stoddart for his amazing try.
He's also missed two tackles that have resulted in tries for Cardiff and has turned over the ball a lot. BLERGH!

Wow, what a really enjoyable game.
Some amazing tries expecially from the Scarlets, but my main question is: why, when there was no time left and 9 points behind, did stephen jones not step back and take an easy drop goal to take 3 points ensuring them a losing bonus point to add to their other bonus point.
I mean, in all honesty, what would that try have done for them? It's certainly not gonna matter at the end of the season.

But there have been arguments in the studio as to whether or not there should be play-offs implemented ala the guinness premiership. Thoughts?

Not hugely keen on playoffs, I'd just feel bad for a team like Leinster this year, who have done magnificently to carve out a lead like that, only for the fourth placed team winning it in the end.

Saying that, suppose you have to be good enough to win the one off games aswell, which should help those teams improve for knock out competions such as the HC. It'll also give some excellent games at the end of the season, between 4 great sides.

So...ummm...yeah....... think they're a great idea!

They should change the HC qualification process while they're at it too.

Agree with the boys in the studio that this was probably the best game they have had on a Friday night!!!

It have everything in it bar a Martyn Williams drop goal :(

Tom James is looking sharp and has come along way since two years ago but still needs to improve!!!

Bring on the play offs I say it will add a more competitive streak to the league!

What a game!
Was there, was on the tv at some point as well. some class tries by both teams, thought the Scarlets would walk it after going 14 - 0 up, but the Blues did really well to come back and lead at the break. Mark Jones and Margan Stoddards tries were class, but glad to see Ben Blair and Nicky Robinson could pull us through. Class game, a lot of ****le though.
Not too sure about the play-offs, bit then again, it would suit teams like the Blues well, because they've started developing a habit of staying in the top 4 now, so it would give them another shot at the ***le.
They could even bring back the Celtic Cup, with the top 4 playing semi's and a final. But the team who finishes top still wins the league, and whoever wins the play-offs wins the Cup.

With play-offs, it would give Munster a chance to win the League every year. So no dice! :ranting: :zzz: :wall: :eek: B)

A excellent game as the commentator said "great advertisement for the magners league".Scarlets played well in patches but cardiff was the more consistant i think. :)

A excellent game as the commentator said "great advertisement for the magners league".Scarlets played well in patches but cardiff was the more consistant i think. :)
[/b]
The reason we lose games like this despite a big lead is because of our forwards. They've been pathetic all season.

What in the hell has happened to the Scarlet's??? Phil Davies, was he not in charge of Leeds when they went down? Good player in his day, but coach, bring back Gareth Jenkins and Nigel Davies!!

I maintain that Phil Davies is the worst thing to have happened to the Scarlets in a long time.

I pray - PRAY!!! - that this man never becomes Welsh coach. He's already screwing over a region i will not be happy if he does the same to Wales.
Scarlets are capable of so much more, and he is holding them back.

I'll reservemy judgement of him until next season. After all, he led us to an extremely convincing semi-final last year before we were bullied by Leicester.

The real problem with Llanelli is the front 5! Seriosuly Phil Davies is a good coach and much underrated!

Llanelli need a good tight head prop and a decent second rower!

Latest posts