Spartan

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
http://www.rlef.eu.com/news/article/1010/holland-and-belguim-launch-joint

8th March 2015

Following a meeting in Hoogerheide, delegates from Belgium and Dutch rugby league clubs have formally announced a new competition. The cross-border league will be named the BNRL Championship (Belgium-Nederland Rugby League Championship) and the four clubs involved are: Amsterdam Cobras Rugby League Club, Den Haag Knights Rugby League, Rotterdam Pitbulls RLFC and North Brussels Gorillas Rugby League.

Points discussed were the competition set-up, schedule, rules and regulations, player registrations and the point system which will determine the placings for the finals that will be held in Brussels on the 30th May.

Jason Bruygoms, development officer of the NRLB and competition organiser was pleased with the outcome of the get-together. "The purpose was that all participating clubs and their members have clarity of what is expected," he said. "There was a good vibe during and after the meeting and I am very excited about this great initiative. I firmly believe that such games are the way to build a healthy and steady future in both our nations and now it's time to take a more professional approach. Because the clubs are logistically close to each other it makes sense that we support and help to grow the game together in this part of the world."

The competition will kick off in Rotterdam on the 11th April, when the Rotterdam Pitbulls host the North Brussels Gorillas.

Good luck to them.

Ow nice, might try to see a home game of the Brussels based club.

Should be good for both countries.

After tough games I suspect the Belgian players will have a few cuts and Bruges

B_vQ2FCUsAAkp4c.jpg

Logo

i am all for both rugby codes to grow internationally so sounds like a promising and good move

i heard i got some distant flemish roots in my family , so it's great to hear a competition like this , may hopefully lead to some games with major sides in the future

Latest posts