• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Body Armour

TDeg

Academy Player
Hello and thanks for looking at this post.

Can anyone suggest a good body armour please. The versions I have are basic and comprise an insulated top with some patches of foam here and there. Not very effective.

Body armour which extends for the ribs too would be ideal as I am often required to make diving tackles which almost always involves full impact side landing on the ribs, resulting in injury almost every time.

Thanks.

Anyone know a Mcdavid stockist online or in London? Need to replace a hexpad shirt as mentioned but they seem discontinued everywhere.

Cheers.

Always used a nice layer of body fat thoughout my playing career in the lower reaches of grass roots rugby which although bruises does protect the more vital organs of the human body. Since moving to vets rugby a few years ago I have noticed I am not the only one who uses this cunning method.....

Thanks Olyy. Annoyingly the new Mcdavid range looks great but the stockists they list in london on the link you kindly posted don't stock rugby kit!

The google search is great but that shirt in my size is discontinued. I suppose I will have to fork out £50-£60 for the horrible white one!

Tallshort, yes the layer of fat is certainly an option. I'll have another pint and a kebab tonight to prepare for tomorrow!

Cheers lads

Latest posts