• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boks Vs Blacks

T

TheBokke

I feel the Boks were regressing during the Lion series and will come up against a battle ready Blacks side who for some reason keep getting written off by people. This squad is pretty much full strength minus Carter so they will be very tough to beat.

The Boks still look under managed with a lot of tactical errors so I am not to positive for this Saturday, although my heart is always with the Boks 110%.

As for the player power coaching style that is a disaster waitng to happen.

So here goes the Boks all the way but the head says blacks will win with 10 to spare.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jul 21 2009, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Adi Jacobs is injured. YAY![/b]

Olivier only on standby for now I think. Jacobs could still make it. If he does the rumour is he will be playing at 12 resulting in Nonu ******* in his pants with laughter.

Yes, in my opinion, not taking anything away from the Australlian outfit, this is my most anticipated match. If it is going to be a close and grinding match, I will have to give it too the springboks, due to amazing drop goals from the steyns and a very powerful forward pack, but I think if the All Blacks get ahead by too much early, they will run away with it. Anyway, should be very exciting!

It's one of those maches that I wouldn't like to call until seeing the first 30 minutes of the match. I think it will be a close one either way, and there's no doubting it's always hard playing in South Africa.

Still, we can claim the underdog tag, as we aren't world champions, so the boks will be expected to win at home. :D

This should be a pretty good game. If Jacobs stays injured, our team should look like this:

1. Beast Mtawarira
2. Bismark du Plessis
3. John Smit
4. Bakkies Botha
5. Victor Matfield
6. Heinrich Brussouw
7. Juan Smith
8. Pierre Spies

9. Fourie du Preez

10. Ruan Pienaar
11. Bryan Habana
12. Jean de Villiers
13. Jacques Fourie
14. JP Pieterson
15. Francois Steyn

That, is pretty much the strongest team we have to offer i think. I still prefer Morne Steyn @ 10 over Pienaar, but Divvy knows better...

This team is seriously strong, and if we managed to sort our heads out after this Lions series debacle, then i think we should win this comfortably. If there is even a shred of doubt in the players minds, or and outside interference on the team, we will lose. You can't afford to lose any concentration in a game like this.

Bottom line, if we go out and play our game for 80 minutes, i can't see the All Blacks posing any threat. We have an incredibly strong team.

Gawd if Donald is starting again, his general kicking needs to be accurate and with purpose otherwise, if a stray kick lands in Steyn's hand anywhere near 50m he'll probably kick and land a drop goal!!

I've got high hopes though after last weekend but it'll be very tough and hopefully the Boks are rusty after their break hehe

Funny how the media is talking up the AB's now.

Bok team announced:

The Springbok team is (Test caps in brackets):

15. Frans Steyn (30)
14. JP Pietersen (26)
13. Jaque Fourie (45)
12. Jean de Villiers (48)
11. Bryan Habana (48)
10. Ruan Pienaar (30)

9. Fourie du Preez (46)

8. Pierre Spies (22)
7. Juan Smith (57)
6. Heinrich Brüssow (4)
5. Victor Matfield (83) â€" vice-captain
4. Bakkies Botha (57)
3. John Smit (84) â€" captain
2. Bismarck du Plessis (24)
1. Tendai Mtawarira (13)

Reserves:

16. Chiliboy Ralepelle (4)
17. Jannie du Plessis (7)
18. Danie Rossouw (38)
19. Ryan Kankowski (8)
20. Ricky Januarie (35)
21. Morné Steyn (3)
22. Wynand Olivier (22)

EXACTLY as i expected. Best team we can field.

I think the Lions showed how to beat the Boks when they came close in the 2nd test against a full strength Boks team. The tactics employed by the All Blacks against Australia will probably not work as the ABs won't dominate the Boks upfront and physically, it will be fairly even in that aspect.

They Lions showed that attacking them with backs is the way to beat them. I did not watch the 3rd test match so I cannot comment on the tactics employed by them. But in the 2nd test it was clear the Lions were going wide often and running the ball from deep. The Boks caught up once the Lions eased the intensity in 2nd the half.

This will surely be tough and I doubt we will see a repeat of 19-0 from last year. Stephen Donald will be crucial, I have a feeling the Jean De Villiers will be eying an intercept from a Stephen Donald pass.

Really strong side that P Divvy has picked, will be great to see JdV and Fourie combining in the midfield again,has been a while since they have started along side each other,Fourie will add a bit more bulk in defense then Jacobs would have and we all know by now that Fourie can score some great tries!
Should be one helluva game with big hits and awsome tries,can't wait for this game to start.

And there were great renditions of "Hallelujah" all across the land as Jean and Jaque were finally bloody reunited.

I am very happy with that team. That't our strongest and about bloody time too. Can not wait for the match!

I'm always worried when "playa powa" overtakes law and order in a team as it only works for very short periods like with England in 2007. After what was an amazing campaign, everything all sort of fell apart again as the players couldn't sustain the momentum.

Anyway, interesting squads, I'm wondering if the ABs will start this game with as much talent on the bench as they did against the Crims last weekend...

Happy with the Bok team for once not one debatable selection IMO. So no excuses if they lose as that is pretty much the strongest squad they could pick. Going to be one hell of a physical contest as they come no bigger than NZ vs Boks in that respect.

Come on Boks have a big one!!!!

Great line up! :bravo: but imagine if Vermaak and Strauss/Kuun were in :(

Anyway I agree with KZNSkarksFan, about damn time. Really looking forward to this one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Jul 21 2009, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I love seeing Spies and Kankowski in the same team...[/b]

Yes! It's about bloody time Kankowski is getting more involved. Hopefully he gets more than 10 minutes this time.

Two interesting spoilers in McCaw and Brussow, but this will be front rows and kicking from deep.

If SA can involve Habana in attack, instead of reducing him to intercept attempts, then they've got the advantage. But I rate their midfield pretty much the same as the ABs, so no chance.

Toss up ... home win.

Holy crap that's a awesome looking team, all the subs can do massive damage too. I haven't seen the All Blacks lineup for this weekend but I think no matter who's playing it's gonna be very close. I'd like the All Blacks to win but looking at the Boks lineup and the fact they've come off a tour so their combinations will be better I'd have to say the Boks by 12 and under.

Latest posts