• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boks Vs Wallabies

T

TheBokke

It will be tough for the boys to lift themselves for a third weekend, as it quiet often proves to be the bridge to far for most teams in the Tri-Nations.

Ozzie will provide a huge challenge.

Yeah I expect the Wallabies will be abit tougher to beat then the All Blacks, The Boks should have the upperhand in the scrums but the Wallabies have proven that their tight 5 are becoming a force to reckon with and that they are no push over anymore.

Their line-out should also be somewhat better then the All Blacks' line-out, so expect them to not loose so many of their own line-out ball and they might even steal 1 or 2 of our line-out ball with Nathan Sharpe looking uhm well "sharp" again.(no pun intended :p ).

Then there is the Wallabies back-line, guys like Giteau, Barnes & Mortlock I feel will be asking alot more questions of our defence then Donald & Nonu did, the only one that did a few times was Conrad Smith.

Newlands hasn't been a happy hunting ground for the guys from "down-under", they have not won at Newlands since 1992.Boks will win but maybe only by a point or two.

called it wishful thinking or a bit one-eyed but i'm hoping that the wallabies come good at newlands. they wont thrash the springbok but might be able to sneak in a win against the tide.

not going to be easy with the boks on a roll, but the boks have played 2 in a row and the wallabies have had a 2 week break so who knows.

Springbok team remains unchanged...

15 Frans Steyn
14 JP Pietersen
13 Jaque Fourie
12 Jean de Villiers
11 Bryan Habana
10 Morne Steyn

9 Fourie du Preez

8 Pierre Spies
7 Juan Smith
6 Heinrich Brussow
5 Victor Matfield
4 Bakkies Botha
3 John Smit ©
2 Bismarck du Plessis
1 Beast Mtawarira.

Subs: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 Jannie du Plessis, 18 Danie Rossouw, 19 Andries Bekker, 20 Ruan Pienaar, 21 Adi Jacobs, 22 Wynand Olivier.

Meh at no Kankowski. Chilliboy must go away...

Wynand Olivier isn't on the bench looking at Supersport's website:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Reserves:

16. Chiliboy Ralepelle (6)
17. Jannie du Plessis (9)
18. Andries Bekker (16)
19. Danie Rossouw (40)
20. Ricky Januarie (37)
21. Ruan Pienaar (31)
22. Adi Jacobs (24)[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Aug 4 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Reserves:

18. Andries Bekker (16)
19. Danie Rossouw (40)
20. Ricky Januarie (37)
21. Ruan Pienaar (31)
22. Adi Jacobs (24)[/b]

No point in having Januarie because Pienaar can cover for 9 too. I dunno.

Great to see an unchanged team and sense finally prevailing in the management set up. It is has been a long long time that I am happy with team selection for 3 games in succession.

Well done Snor!

Australia team:

15-Adam Ashley-Cooper
14-Lachie Turner
13-Stirling Mortlock (captain)
12-Berrick Barnes
11-Drew Mitchell
10-Matt Giteau

9-Luke Burgess

8-Wycliff Palu
7-George Smith
6-Richard Brown
5-Nathan Sharpe
4-James Horwill
3-Al Baxter
2-Stephen Moore
1-Benn Robinson

Replacements: 16-Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17-Ben Alexander, 18-Dean Mumm, 19-David Pocock, 20-Will Genia, 21-Peter Hynes, 22-James O'Connor

Hope Burgess gets a kick up the arse when he realises Genia could be given the perfect opportunity to win his jersey. When Burgess is playing well it really translates to the rest of the team, but when playing away in front of a hostile crowd he sometimes overcooks passes; Giteau having to constantly jump to grab them, putting our best playmaker on the back foot. It will be interesting to see how he goes.

Will expect Alexander to only come on if Baxter is penalised like he was in Auckland, Pocock should get a run.

South Africans are obviously (and deservedly) really confident, hope the Wallabies can pull something out of the bag and keep this tri-nations interesting.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Aug 6 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hope Burgess gets a kick up the arse when he realises Genia could be given the perfect opportunity to win his jersey. When Burgess is playing well it really translates to the rest of the team, but when playing away in front of a hostile crowd he sometimes overcooks passes; Giteau having to constantly jump to grab them, putting our best playmaker on the back foot. It will be interesting to see how he goes.

Will expect Alexander to only come on if Baxter is penalised like he was in Auckland, Pocock should get a run.

South Africans are obviously (and deservedly) really confident, hope the Wallabies can pull something out of the bag and keep this tri-nations interesting.[/b]

Genia looks like one for the future and should be a regular. He looked very promising in the Super 14.

Beast v Baxter - if Aus hold up in the scrum, they can do a Lions on it with Giteau & Mortlock - although Mort was quiet against the dodgy AB midfield.

How will the lineout go?

Springbox beat us, but I hope for interest sake that Australia can win. Burgess is shite.

Burgess f***s around too much at the rucks and the scrums, he doesn't think quick enough, Genia does what he feels is right, and doesn't think about it as much as Burgess, which is why Genia gets so many tries.

The Boks can effectively wrap up the Tri Nations this weekend. If they beat Australia, one more win should be enough to seal the competition. I can't see Australia beating them twice at home.

It'll be interesting to see how the Boks change their tactics for this game. As people have already pointed out the Aussies are very competitive in the lineout, the 2nd best in the world after SA imo.
We attacked the AB's ruthlessly there and they were forced not to put the ball out. Mistakes ensued and the rest is history.
The only place I see us getting the better of the Aussies is in the collisions aka keeping it tight.

I still think our forwards are not composed enough with the ball in our own 50, way more so in our own 22. We also not clever enough with our pick-ups and go. Players like Beast and Spies tend to break without even thinking of support. I remember both players losing possession within 10 meters of our line against NZ. Perhaps we still need time to gel, still. I also personally think our ruck technique is not accurate enough. Teams like Oz and NZ always seem to play a half-a-meter ahead of the ball in the rucks, getting more momentum. Perhaps that's why the NH refs have been blowing them up in the red zone? We always seem to play the players in the ruck rather than the ball. IMO that's why our possession stat is often less than our opposition. Good example is the thrashing we gave England-land at Twickers last year. We had less of the ball than them! But we must be doing some right if we're winning!

Anyway my prediction is that if the Bok forwards impose the gameplan of keeping the ball in the tight-loose and the set piece, Oz will lose. Oz greatest challenge tomorrow will be their ability to play through their strengths, their backs. The Boks have been very good at imposing their gameplan on their opposition this year. IMO a very impressive attribute to have. There are of course many factors in this game like tactical kicking, where Oz match us, but its so hard to look past the sheer physical challenge of the Bok pack. Great to see as a Bok supporter, and former forward, that fundementals are being appreciated unlike last year in the TN.

Let the games begin!

Boks by 8

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Aug 4 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ Aug 4 2009, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reserves:

18. Andries Bekker (16)
19. Danie Rossouw (40)
20. Ricky Januarie (37)
21. Ruan Pienaar (31)
22. Adi Jacobs (24)[/b]

No point in having Januarie because Pienaar can cover for 9 too. I dunno.
[/b][/quote]

They want Pienaar to be a fly-half not a part time fly-half and part time scrummie

Latest posts